Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This will stir up controversary but i feel im right.

Default This will stir up controversary but i feel im right.

Can we plz get confectioner fixed. I know Velea loved the changes. She was behind them and that part of the reason i was banned but anyways now that she is gone can we look at the confectioner class different. Maybe make it easier to raise... In my opinion it should be the easiest class to raise so that new players can than level their adventure classes and not have to worry about spending tons of coin on food that doesnt even do much help anyways. Its clearly broken well not broken just made with the intent of allowing someone to get alot of coin off of it and half the food is waste of time to make. iM just concerned about new people that come in. Maybe im way off her plz debate with me. Im sorry if this seems inmature. But im still a little bitter.
    bye

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: This will stir up controversary but i feel im right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willthesaviorofistaria View Post
    [...] Maybe make it easier to raise... In my opinion it should be the easiest class to raise [...] iM just concerned about new people that come in. Maybe im way off her plz debate with me. [...]
    As someone who was entirely new to bipeds when I started my ped, I found Confectioner the easiest school to level. I made tech'ed cooking gear and just made stuff that was at the top of my skill range and got something like 20-30 levels each time. I think I only made about 4-5 kinds of food, the last stretch getting me from 60-98 in one run.

plz debate with me
    Alright, here I go

Can we plz get confectioner fixed.
    Nothing wrong with it in my eyes, I've been leveling it on my self-sufficient toon and it's going just fine so far, sure some recipes might need some xp recalculation but I wouldn't call confectioner broken.

I know Velea loved the changes. She was behind them
    Proof? else this is just dev-hating (no matter the fact that she's no longer on the team) for the sake of dev-hating.

In my opinion it should be the easiest class to raise so that new players can than level their adventure classes and not have to worry about spending tons of coin on food that doesnt even do much help anyways.
    >removes death points in less than 5 minutes compared to full days.
    >"Doesn't even do much help"

Also, confectioner is a prestige school, in my eyes those should be harder to raise than main schools, but that's my opinion. Currently I'd say it's actually about the same, if not easier already, than most schools. You just need to know what you're doing, like everything in Istaria.

Its clearly broken well not broken
    Why call it broken then?

just made with the intent of allowing someone to get alot of coin off of it
    Gee, it's almost like the consigners exist with a purpose, isn't it?

and half the food is waste of time to make.
    This I'll agree on, there's a number of foods per formula that you'll see as the best because of resources needed vs time reduced, there's plenty of ways to improve on this but no doubt that would take a lot of time.

iM just concerned about new people that come in.
    New players likely won't touch confectioner before they know what they're getting in to, what I mean by that is, it won't the first school they level, if it is, that's on them, you should pretty much never level a prestige school as your first school.

That's my 2c

Confectioner levels faster now than it did before. Much faster. I know I went from 92 to 100 making a single loads' worth (cargo disk full of materials) of the t6 pancakes, with exp to spare past 100.

It is a prestige school, so it shouldn't be a new players' first crafting school.

What is difficult about confectioner is the many different resources needed, with some intermediate preparation needed for some things. To help, the new formulas no longer require Bowls, Cooking Sheets, Cooking Spits, Skewers, etc. And they added storehouses to help with this. They look like and fit in the same space as a t1 silo, but hold 4 stacks instead of 1. 9 of these gives you 36 slots, which really helps. This is where either having a guild with some shared storage helps, or build a plot first before jumping into confectioner. One other nice thing about confectioner is that you can level it without worrying about any other schools being too high that could have some impact on the exp. 100 Tinker already? No problem, Cnf exp is unaffected by that or any other school. Having some Gatherer levels first will help, and this is something you would level to do construction anyway (weaver and enchanter), so if you built your plot first, you be ready to go by the time it is built to hit the ground running on confectioner.

But what im trying to say is not everyone comes to istaria with wanting to take this long road of action...They would just like level anadventurer im saying lets make it easier for them by making confectioner much better seeing as how dps are a pain for new people. Think back to when u were new. Food is so expensive for new people not everyone has 100+ gold like i or you do. And can afford a 5 silver item. Maybe perhaps make it none prestige class. Granted the class is fun but...Its not very helpful for adventure. And they took out they easiest way to level it up off of crystal vials. Which i dont agree with. Im sorry if this bother you. I just see things different.
    bye

But what im trying to say is not everyone comes to istaria with wanting to take this long road of action...They would just like level anadventurer im saying lets make it easier for them by making confectioner much better seeing as how dps are a pain for new people. Think back to when u were new. Food is so expensive for new people not everyone has 100+ gold like i or you do. And can afford a 5 silver item. Maybe perhaps make it none prestige class. Granted the class is fun but...Its not very helpful for adventure. And they took out they easiest way to level it up off of crystal vials. Which i dont agree with. Im sorry if this bother you. I just see things different.
    1. Food is not expensive on low tier, at least, not on chaos last time I checked. especially not if you make your money's worth selling junk and hoard. Once you're past T2 money should no longer be an issue, especially if you are not spending it on formulas, which is the number 1 coin sink. (since your example player doesn't wish to "go the long road of action")

2. "And they took out they easiest way to level it up off of crystal vials." I hate this, I hate cheap mechanics of leveling schools that have nothing to do with the school itself, ie. leveling Fitter by making and deconning tools when it's a construction school, it should not, and luckily no longer is, the #1 way of leveling.

3. If people only want to adventure what are they doing leveling confectioner? your "no money to buy food" point does not hold water because of what I mentioned earlier. If they want to be a self-sufficient adventurer, go right ahead, but a self-sufficient adventurer does not exist without crafting, and:

4. You can't expect to level adventure while not doing the basics of crafting and/or not relying on other people for your needs, it's part of the MMO experience. Yes you can level adventure without doing any crafting yourself, but you are then expected to rely on other people for your gear/food/scrolls/etc. It's how it works.

But if they throw one other class in there blacksmith seeing as how they have to craft. They can make weapon,armor, and food....IM sorry but food is expensive i hate buying it even with all the coin i have. Its a great system but i always think it need to be changed..Food is to time consuming to make alot of formulas are pointless to make. Dp are way to long. Not everyone has countless hours to play istaria which is what ive been saying for long time. Its great if you do.. I do..but at times i find it extremely boring and i want to adventure more but then i hate buying food. And hate making it. IM sorry but i still die. Even as vet because all the classes are misbalanced. Im say easy fix is changed confectioner which Velea never understood. Unless you want to rebalance every class. Be my guest.
    bye

and dont even get me started on how long it takes to prepare to efficiently adventure just to adventure x amount of time because classes are misbalanced then to add to the misery you have eat food. I guarantee you there are other that feel the way i do.
    bye

i could keep going about other thing like how teched gear should make you stronger not be necessary to adventure.
    bye

it sounds to me like you just want istaria to become some casual, hand-holding MMO that will hold the attention of those that only seek a specific thrill. (which are also the ones that hop MMOs every week because guess what? doesn't hold their attention anymore because things are stupidly easy)

That isn't Istaria.

Lets stir this pot. I have been playing Istaria for almost 4 years now. Confection/Cooking school is still the hardest bi-ped school to level. It is hard to make food and to get the formulas. The resources are hard to get and some require a dragon to get them for you. If you are not an Ancient dragon, some food resources are impossible for a bi-ped to get. The formulas for some foods are extremely expensive. After 4 years of playing a bi-ped, I still have not bought all formulas due to money. The dragons talk about how easy it is to make money and they have nothing to spend it on. The bi-peds without having a dragon alt. pay dearly for these food formulas.
    Even now years later, I tell people to do cooking as late as possible due to its expense and how hard it is to get some of the food products when one is low in adventure rating. You have to love cooking to do it. I only did it for GMC star and it does me no good (no help in any craft).
    This little bi-ped dies all the time and thus the need for constant food. It is still a hard school and thus it feels like getting my teeth pulled whenever I have to make some. You have to love confection to do it. It is a necessary evil. To see real costs, go to the Elf city and buy the Beef Kira. formula.
    Slimey on Order

It depends which server board I think is which.

Slimey, for the sake of what you're referring to, when did you level your own confectioner school?

Recently (1-2 yrs ago) it changed to the primary skill system so it became a huge lot easier. My friend Machaeon made multiple load's* worth of Meatballs in T2 and barely got 4 levels before the change. After, I made a load worth* of T1 stuff and immediately got to lvl 14 or 19 confectioner; that's almost an entire tier. It didn't drop hard as I leveled, either. It's a huge difference to what it used to be.

I only suggest leveling conf was one of the last schools because salvaging means nothing in it and you need some foraging skill to get stuff. As for having to use a dragon - 99% of the time when leveling confectioner I only gathered stuff on my ped. My dragon alt only grabbed the few things he could; he couldn't get the berries i was using, nor the wheat, nor the sugar (i think). He could only grab one or two things and they were few and far between. The specialized resources mean nothing when you're focusing on leveling.

The only money I had to sink into conf to *level* it (not utilize it fully) was the few silver per tier getting a new formula and then the few silver to get all the base prep formulas. Furthermore, my characters got all of their coin not because I had nothing to spend it on but because I got a lot of hoard when leveling and I sold it. Peds don't need hoard and it's worth soooo much.

*Load's worth: A disk full of each resource needed to make the food, not one disk full of all the ingredient (so 1000 bulk of berries and wheat rather than 500 berry bulk and 500 wheat bulk)

Cooking as prestige class seriously though? Any person can cook on earth and i bet they can in istaria too. Im sorry to break the confectioner system but think about it cooking as prestige? really...Its not that hard to boil water. Maybe getting the material should be hard but not making them. And materials should be in town forsale all items cuz how would istarians live. Some are right? But all should be. Why not spend more time on alchemy which i was originally trying to say a long time ago. Cooking really shouldnt be so in depth simpled made none prestige in my opinion and i know that will tick certain people off. Im sorry but i just dont think it should be bakestaria. Its istaria not bakestaria.
    bye

Basically what im trying to say not only with cooking ...Is we all seem to be here for the long haul why not try to make the game as realistic as possible? Cooking is just the first thing im picking on. Lets all quit trying to be overpowered get all the rares craft endless hours to make coin and make the game realistic. It would be fun. I dont have all the ideas and i dont know if the dev have time money resoursces but im sure something could be done for more realism. Realism is fun. I guess those are my recent thoughts. .I alwasy think dragon should be strongest but i think their should be some rule you have to make biped first somehow....Maybe ive outgrown istaria and need a new game....
    bye

Cooking as prestige class seriously though?
    Prestige class as in you need to have some skill in ANOTHER school before you can pick it up. You need to know how to forage for ingredients before you can start using them to cook.

And in the common use of the word, yes confectioner is prestigious. Anyone can probably cook, but how many people can cook something that tastes so good that it restores your soul after you've died?

And materials should be in town forsale all items cuz how would istarians live. Some are right? But all should be.
    Many of the ingredients are around settlements, farms, and homesteads... you know, where people would actually be growing the plants or raising the livestock. It's essentially the rare herbs that are difficult to find or are in the middle of nowhere, which aren't needed very often unless you exclusively eat rare foods. Additionally, all food ingredients CAN be brought to cities with imperial consigners or player-built consignment shops on plots to sell. People usually don't sell those things because there just isn't a market for that... most people would just rather take a 10 minute gathering trip themselves rather than potentially spend tons of gold on the same resource.
    we all seem to be here for the long haul why not try to make the game as realistic as possible? [...] Realism is fun.
    *ZOOP* Goodbye dragons. Goodbye magic. Goodbye interesting creatures. Goodbye impressive abilities. Goodbye non-human bipeds.

My point here is to say that if you're looking for realism in a fantasy game, you're probably barking up the wrong tree because that's half the fun of the game: the things that aren't realistic.

Maybe ive outgrown istaria and need a new game
    Since you don't seem to enjoy much of it to begin with, I wish you luck in whatever game tickles your fancy.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Basically what im trying to say not only with cooking ...Is we all seem to be here for the long haul why not try to make the game as realistic as possible? Cooking is just the first thing im picking on. Lets all quit trying to be overpowered get all the rares craft endless hours to make coin and make the game realistic. It would be fun. I dont have all the ideas and i dont know if the dev have time money resoursces but im sure something could be done for more realism. Realism is fun. I guess those are my recent thoughts. .I alwasy think dragon should be strongest but i think their should be some rule you have to make biped first somehow....Maybe ive outgrown istaria and need a new game....
    *chuckles* Realistic? Realism does not always translate well...e.g., takes time to eat food irl; waiting as player while character ate that long was misery.

I like the crafting variety that the confectioner class provides. Different planning is required for it than for construction, or most other craft classes. Always having to do things the same way becomes a grind. I also like that it made me explore the land more and see things I might otherwise have missed. :-)

I hope you find more to enjoy in Istaria. It's a world rich in story and adventure, at least in my opinion and experience.

I'm a really slow leveler, really really slow. But confectioner went like a rocket. You have to do a lot of preparing (just like in RL or you must be someone who cooks out of tins & packages?) but when you have the ingredients prepared - woosh, the xp pours in!
    It seems to me you are looking for instant satisfaction at no cost, not wanting to cook yourself, not wanting to pay for food someone els made. You can't expect a school to change just because you don't want to make an effort.
    |I like Istaria a lot, not for the quick fix but to spent time in.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I leveled confectioner in 2.5 days, on 1 biped during dble XP last august, and another just recently in almost the same amount of time with no dbl XP.....

Seems to me like you just need a game plan and some strategy on the class
    Guardians of Valor
    Chaos

I was really surprised ad the speed i levelled up as confectioner. If you have the right setup its really easy. But I saw that one coming so I build my confectioner with store houses first. then as a confectioner I had all the space i needed to create meals.

If you want to raise confectioner get your one confectionery. This by building one or by borrowing one for a week. that is all the time you need to go from level 1 to level 100. its by far the quickest class to rise. I spend three times as much time on any of the other classes easily.

Also I di levelling confectioner on a penny. had to reduce the cost get a granite steel power chest scale made for me just that I could use rosemary to reduce cost. I'm penny less or let say I have a shortage of 100 gold to buy the recipes I need.
    Last edited by gkoster; May 30th, 2017 at 12:47 PM.

i dont know what you said Macheon most likely harassing me again plz stop sir. I told you this none waring game if you want that junk go somewhere else. I assume that what you mean by jerks playing istaria.
    bye

Thread Information