Thread: Plot Finder

Default Plot Finder

Hello Istarians,

In case you didn't know, Istaria Reference was originally developed using my own databases that I painfully try to keep up to date, manually. I try to keep track of delta notes and anything in the database that might be affected, I'll try to update it. I sometimes miss things. Real life sometimes prevents speedy updates.

How wonderful would it be if I just directly query Virtrium's database so everything displays in real time? Well, several pros and cons to that as you can imagine; cons usually have higher priority.

We all miss the bristugo.com's Plot Finder, so I've created a tool that attempts to be a clone of what you see when you view the Community window in game. This would be impossible trying to maintain in my own database. I'd have to manually visit every community in the game, daily to keep that up to date. No way! But, Virtrium has graciously allowed me to query their database (just one web page for now). This means everything shows in real time!

My original plan was to make it so it could be queried to show all plots that are for sale or in a certain price range, kind of like bristugo.com . But those can return about 1000-1700 records. I can't in good conscious allow their SQL server to be hit that hard for that many records per query.

For now, I've made it so you can display/search one community at a time. I'll probably in next few days, add some filters so you can make it not show owned plots or filter by price range, but it'd still be one community at a time. I'll see about trying to be clever and possibly allowing multiple communities to be queried, but I don't think I can make it search every plot in the game in one search. I might have to leave it pretty much as is, minus some filters.

You'll see a new link on http://istariareference.com called Plot Finder. So check it out and I hope it helps the players to do their homework while they research a good home to find for their Plot or Lair
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Plot Finder

one of the filters i would add is one on plot size. I think this can just be done on square or cubic depending if its a biped or dragon plot.

Also I would add one that can be used all time for dragon or biped.

Thank you for the affords. this is much appreciated. I would have liked this to have been available when I was plot hunting.

I was waiting for the moment something like this would return! I agree with gkoster - add some filters, such as plot size or if you are looking for dragon or biped plots (a checklist, not boolean). Perhaps if you wanted to make it more intricate, you could use a slider to choose the plot size instead (one for X, Y and Z for dragon plot).

We really appreciate your hard work. Please be sure to get plenty of rest. I'm sure the community would understand.
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

I reeeally really miss bristugo.com i used it so often XD. I would contact the owner so he continues updating it but i dunno who.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

• Added Filter for Min Price/Max Price/Show Both
    • Added Filter for Owned/For Sale/Show Both
    • Added Filter for Lair/Biped Plot/Show Both
    • Reduced max refresh (query time) per page from 5s to 2.5s

This is awesome. Great addition. Thank you for all the hard work!
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

• Added Filter for Min/Max plot dimensions (m²/m³)
    • New column - Corridors -- This simply shows a lair dimension like Map Pack does (5x4x10 for a 120x96x240) lair - divide x,y,z by 24.
    • New column - Price per m -- divide Plot Price by m²/m³ to show how many coppers per m(eter). The lower the number, the better. If you have several plots for exact same price, lower price per m is more bang for the silver.
    • Community pulldown menu is now always in focus. This means you can press your up/down arrow key, on keyboard, to advance to previous/next community.
    • Reduced max refresh (query time) per page from 2.5s to 1.5s

Tip: a common feature on this page, that is used on many Istaria References' pages.

On the table, as you hover each row, it turns into a highlighted color to show which row you're currently hovering.

However, you can also click on each row to highlight/unhighlight them. This helps you keep track of something to look at again later. Think of it as a checklist/reminder/to do list.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; June 19th, 2017 at 09:11 AM.

This is great, thank you!!

Thanks for the new filter, it's just fine. What databases did you use in the development, how could you get to Vitrium and track delta notes?

Quote Originally Posted by ObnyT View Post
    Thanks for the new filter, it's just fine. What databases did you use in the development, how could you get to Vitrium and track delta notes?
    Cegaiel is on the development team for istaria itself.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

don't work for me, for example Last Stand Chaos says smallest plot is 98x98 largest 108x108.
    But when I go there all plots are 77x77
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbold View Post
    don't work for me, for example Last Stand Chaos says smallest plot is 98x98 largest 108x108.
    But when I go there all plots are 77x77

Re-posted from a different thread (from Today):
    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    there is a great difference between what i expect the plot size to be and what is given.
    the plot sizes are also not the same on the map on the site and the size given in the finder, checked this with defenders gate in Aughendell, The closest plot to Aughendell is 75*75 but given in the finder 96*96. This is not true for all as harton valley is mostly right.
    Gosh, so sorry I missed the last reply from a year ago. Saw gkoster's post on another thread and I hunted this thread down.

I'm realizing the page would have show the correct dimensions on most plots, but not all. I was measuring the x,y coordinates of all 4 corners of the plot. While this would work on most, that were rotated so they were perfectly N to S or E to W; this would not on odd plots, such as Last Stand which are rotated so it looks like a diamond (while looking at it on a 2d map).

I switched to use Pythagorean Theorem : a2 + b2 = c2

The dimensions now match up to what's on the game now (for things such as Last Stand, Defender's Gate, etc)

Just beware, the game might show some things in reverse to how I have it, but it's correct.

Good example of what I mean by reverse:

Aughundell's West has one showing in game as 50x80 , but web page shows it as 80x50
    Another example, same community, it shows one as 70x45 in game AND also shows it as 70x45 on web page.

I thought maybe I had width and length backwards, but doesn't appear to be the case. Not sure why that odd one shows in reverse in the game.

Either way, it's still the correct dimensions now. So all good.

Thread Information