Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing game content

Default Missing game content

We have had a request from a AE dev in charge of content to get a good thread going, and get al the missing things from HZ. We all know lots of small things are missing and get overlooked and forgotten about, its not that AE doesn't care or want them in, its just its forgotten.

So, lets get some things down here what is missing. Obviously things like Epic spell quests can not be added without big events, so those will come on their own. Just remember the content that he asked about was stuff horizons was missing, so entirely new ideas really don't fit here. Plus I've been told we'll get a response on what is doable, and what can't be done right now when we are done.

I'll start a few, and I'll add more later.

Techs
    Primal spells are missing techs to lower primal resistance like other spell lines have
    Brewing techs for brew stirrers
    Undead tech 1 exists, There is no tier 2 or higher
    There is no use for the augmentation tech
    There is no ingenuity tech
    There is no scalecrafters boon/bounty/blessing
    There are no t4/5 versions of blessings

Spells
    Dragon spell animations were never finished, using placeholder graphics
    Summoning spell line has no repeater spell
    Dragons have no ability to gain the res spell
    There is no ice repeater (bolt or other type like a stalagmite thingy)
    There is no mind repeater. (but a coordinated mind bolt somehow)
    There are no mind ward/resist spells
    There are no life ward/resist spells
    Boom has no animation
    The mind/summoning lines are very incomplete, ice/energy are also lacking
    Conjuerer's gain a training mark spell, which is never improved beyond the training stage.

Forms
    There is no beginner thundercloud form or spell.
    Expert alchemist forms are missing
    Expert confectioner forms are missing
    Many jman confectioner forms are not in game
    Expert social clothing is missing
    Social clothing lines are sparse at best
    Expert fabricators and sunscope tink forms
    There are no wood shields for druids

Misc
    Platinum gem cutters are not skill capped.
    Hoard drops are almost non-existant for dragons (at least higher tier)
    Signs do not correctly reflect trainers
    There is only one outgoing portal on the northern continent (that is a massive place)
    There are no crystals dropping off new mobs.
    The area of bridgehold has no portal close by
    Shields were never finished, there is no bonus or penalty to using a large shield compared to a small shield, the small and medium are 100% usless.
    The essence lamp has no effect when used.

Quests
    There is a ranger captain in feladan referring to a quest order of rangers. He points you to talk to a person, who points you to talk to another person, which points you to someone in feladan in exile who is never updated.)
    There are little to no adventure school quests
    The find bolger quest exists, but there are no mylocs to complete it.
    Dragon adventure quests are not complete to 100
    There is no envenomed arrow/spear quest beyond version 1
    There is little to no lore in the game, and little to do with the dragon RoP
    Many NPCs are never updated (ex tazoon feladan in exile-talks about building machines, nazerdon npcs don't know he is dead)

Abilities
    Casting dragons have no equilavent of gold rage.
    Dragon instant heal/breeze are life based, not primal based.
    Envenomed arrow ability still does not have a display of the initial hit, or animation
    Coordinated shot 9 is still broken, on its own timer
    Shamans and dragons don't gain a coordinated strike/shot ability

Graphical/Sounds
    Armor and weapon tricking is incomplete
    Idle animations from players are missing
    Tooth and claw colourations on dragons and sslik are gone
    Many emotes are still locked, and not usable
    The moon is still red, its winter already
    Crossbow still has no animation for firing
    Capes are invisible

Crafting
    Rich and motherlode clay doesn't exist
    Rich and motherlode organic resources don't exist
    Blighted essence nodes/wisps do not exist
    Rich and motherlode type wisps do not exist
    There is no higher tier/skill available for hide strips (t1 only)
    Mining golems/treeants reanimates the mobs
    Enchanters have no materials they can gain for exp other than construction
    Drowsing/Prospecting is not used in the game

Mobs
    Frost hellhounds are not in game, others are missing or very very rare.
    Clay and salt rock golems are not in game.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Re: Missing game content

there is no cap on the platinum gemcutter, not sure if thats intentional or not, i cant see that it would be since you can get mithril gemcutters.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

gopher65

The Ranger Captain in Feladan mentions a quest, and gives you contacts. You can follow the quest all the way to Tazoon, then it stops dead. Not sure what to make of this. I assume they simply forgot to fix it.

EDIT: One more thing off the top of my head. I understand that with the new hardware HZ can't handle having a lot of mobs spawned, so it doesn't spawn until there is a(re) character(s) in the area. What really sux is that if you don't know where the spawns are you can't find them! So here is my solution: Have 1-2 mobs spawn in every single spawning ground in the game. By the time and player or group is done with them more will have spawned. At least this way we will be able to tell where the mobs are:P. Hopefully this wouldn't bog down the servers to much.

Could you please say whether or not this is plausible?

EDIT2: I just posted this on another thread in the suggestions forum:):

"1. Being able to put coin in a silo, and setting that silo to accept a certain resource. The mechanics for this already exist in the game. In the form of putting coin on abuilding for others to build yourpersonal homes /shops/ silos/ machines.

2. A craftable flag/banner to place on your silo that would allow people to know what is being bought there. This would likely require significate changes to the game, and could be a LONG time in coming, even if the devs say they like the idea."

School Quests comes to mind
    Full spell lines for lines other than flame. Including primal, ice, summoning
    Non melee alternative to gold rage
    No mylocs yet find bolger quest is still obtainable
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

gopher65

Oh yes, HOARD DROPS!! Where did these go? I have seen ONE drop since the merger. This needs to be looked at ASAP. Please. Trophies do not make up for hoard lost. Not even close.

When we say full spell lines, can we get a good suggestion of what is missing exactly? I know of the bolts, but I do not cast arcane magic myself.

The spawn issue really isn't content, so much as design, I believe.

Summoning has 3 spells. Ice hammer, flame attack and flame spear. That is hardly a complete spell line.

Ice has binding crystals, stinging cold, freeze, bomb, ice shackles. ice attack and the usualy wards/resists which do not really count.

More spells are needed in the summoning line and ice oculd do with a boost
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    We have had a request from a AE dev in charge of content to get a good thread going, and get al the missing things from HZ. We all know lots of small things are missing and get overlooked and forgotten about, its not that AE doesn't care or want them in, its just its forgotten.
    Beginning Thunder Cloud to complement the Journeymen and Expert versions (a Nature spell)

Signs correctly reflect trainers in buildings

Castable spells thathave similar effects as other spell lines - such as primal stun

Spell techniques that could be applied that other schools have - lowered resistances, % of stun

Primal Breeze spells with Heal increase/Potency,Heal recycle, and/or Cleanse- I made a Faster Breeze II, but that applied tech had been long taken out

Instant Heal and Primal Breeze spells based more on Primal than Life (are they Life based?)

Dragon adventure skill quests

Biped school quests - don't some stop at 20?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Few things I could think of:

Dragon Rez - for those rp guilds who could be dragon only or for hunting groups of dragons...

Epic Spells - there are a few in the game. We've seen video's of others - where are they?

Wards - do these work yet? There are techs for IV and V - but from what I've heard they don't work - as far asI know Wards have never worked.

Alchemist - expert potion forms please.

Confectioner's - Journeyman and expert forms please.

More Tricking would be nice - armor and weapons should look different besides just dyes.

How about some of the things that were listed on the Box when it was orignally sold? I'm not trying to bring up that old thread/arguement from Tazoon - you guys have done a lot, but it would be nice to see some of those features orignally advertised.

Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Well, how about the tinkering apron mentioned in the Prima guide? [;)]

Expert social clothing

More social clothing in general.

"Idle" animations and facial expressions

Tooth & claw coloration on dragons and sslilk

Brewing techs for the brew stirrer

Unlock the remaining emotes & animations

Enable the ambiant sounds

Expert fabricator and sunscope forms.

Resource spawn on the guild island

Expert food resources

The clay series golems & the salt rock golem - Can't believe a whole group of golems was left out....

Rich & motherlode clay nodes

Second the motion to complete the weapon & armor tricking content

Visible scales for dragons

Fix the moon, the harvest festival is over

Full-body hairnets for Saris confectioners.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

ALL dragon spells except prime bolt and improved prime bolt STILL use awful amateurish placeholder graphics and completely lack any sound effects.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Implement real spell effects rather than partical for those spells missing them.

Upgrade the knoc summonable items to be more in line with t5 eq the sword is meant to be between 1hs and 2hs in terms of damage and the shield the best in the game.

weapon and armour tricking

fix broken class specific abilities

Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

School quests
    Broken signs (fx in Kion, at the ranger trainer, the sign shows pawnbroker)
    Social clothing (what happened to that cool outfit the lady in the promo videos wore fx? maybe make it all dyable as well)

Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

My ability 'Dissapate' [ +200 melee wards ] makes a difference. I would think other wards work, problem being that warding techs are the lowest boost / tier with the exception of speed/velocity.
    *Evasion and Magic Evasion techs added in at same bonus as the current Ward techs.
    *Warding bonus from techs should double in value.

*An ice bolt would be nice
    *Summoning : Ice Hammer is crush dam w/ chance for ice. Flame Spear is pierce dam w/ chance for fire.>>Suggestion: 'Energy Axe' is slash dam w/ chance for energy.
    *Summoning's 2 big spells originally had a 50% chance for xtra hit, which they should be restored to. Currently they are not worth casting if one looks at the time to cast vs damage. Possibly make it a conjuror ability that increases chancefor 2x hit with summon spells instead of changeing for all.

*A summon dot that does a melee type damage [ stackable with fireflies/engulf ] possibly also add to delay of target for duration by +5% / tier.
    *Summon tech that lowers resistance to 1 or more melee damage types.
    [ I don't see summon as a bolt type, it has no particular damage type. ]
    *Sorcerorhas mentalabilities that basically 'tech' all mind based damage spell. A bolt would be nice, but if given a bolt those abilitiesmight need to be adjusted [ lowered ]
    *Spellbind / Area Spellbind should be 'instant' cast.
    *Mind spell that works like Distract ability with the exception that distracted attacks randomly hit any mobile within 5m( player , enemy, npc, cow )

*A few classes gain 'training spells' that are not a part of their spell line, adjust so useable by all ;)

Conjuror's mark : adds limited use Magic def boost
    Sorceror : train spell.. lowers both focus and power slightly
    etc..

*Bloodmage abilities to transfer life far weaker than the spirit spell self sacrificium, since that is their class specialty it should be as strong as the spell with increase to group transfer also. Maybe shorten recycle on single target , currently is 5mins, 1 or 2mins recyclewould make it a used ability instead of an only use in emergency one.
    *Life link with friendly: Bloodmage ability that transfers 1/2 damage taken by linked to bloodmage.
    *spiritist/bloodmage are only damage casters without a 'bomb'. Could use one or 2.
    *blood doll targetable on friendly for use instead of self only

Some good things so far, the specific spells will probably be a big help because it is just hard to say lets finish the spell lines without saying what is missing.
    Even things like the expert tink, and beginner thundercloud stuff that I can use, I've forgotten about.

Robert Quicksilver

There are Mind wards/resistance techniques but no equivalent mage spells. Mind shield?
    Undead Damage II/III etc techniques.
    Firework forms.
    It would be nice if gathering water animation was changed.
    According to one website their used to be Imperial/Fine Battle Axe, Imperial/Fine Large Axes.

Alright, updated the list that I think is fair. For people with suggestions of fix broken abilities, be specific!
    Everyone should try and fill out their spell line, nature seems complete, as does spirit and life/aug. The arcane side seems missing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Quicksilver
    There are Mind wards/resistance techniques but no equivalent mage spells. Mind shield?
    Sorceror Abilities, I think they wanted them specialized as only sorceror's fully gain in mind skill.
    Firework forms.
    It came, and went long ago. This is the way of Horizons; to offer stuff for short term only, it keeps them special [ accolade crystals, boar's mask, Primal flash tech, etc...] Quite a few players can make the fireworks though

Dranar

More decorative clothings, including something for the Sslik (That bone outfit they wear on Character creation would be nice to have available). Also, perhaps make the Vielo outfits craftable? (They look so neat).

Visible scales for dragons, and dyes for those scales.

Colored claws and talons on Sslik and Dragons.

Different magic animations for Dragons.

Have Journeyman scalepacks come off from randoming tokens. (Maybe they do, but out of 300 tokens at level 60+, not one yet.)

Have some better healing spells and abilities for dragons (Perhaps including a draconic Rez) so some dragons can be focused healers, or partially if they so chose. (Right now, the only real split of dragons is being "Helian" or "Lunus" and neither one of them really affects things to greatly).

Make Beginner Festival Foods and Candies Stackable and sellable at taverns. (Spun sugar, Candied Carrots, Gurok Wurst, and beef pasties).

Large and Huge wisps and fabric nodes would be nice to have.

The level 20 Dragon Adventurerer task asks you to kill "30 level 20 monsters" unfortunately killing a level 20 monster does nothing... Could that be made to work? And also, be level 20+ monster? Or between 20 and 30?

~Allon/Dranar

Are dragon scales supposed to be visible? Or would that be a new feature, not something that is missing?

In regards to dragons res, stuns techs, and heals. One class can't have it all, lets not try to change the class, lets fix what is broken and give a consistant game to everyone. If each spell line has a tech and dragons don't, lets get that up there, but we can't add stun techs to a spell because only energy spells get that ability.

I have been trying to monitor all the ideas and pick out whats clearly not designed in the game, they will just be ignored anyways.

Thread Information