Thread: Blight Patch 395.21.0

Default Blight Patch 395.21.0

Why should it make a difference what we choose to use our novians for? We worked to get them, we should be able to apply to any world project if we so choose.

Apparently we were allowed to at one time, or the ability to do so wouldn't exist

• If applying novians, can only apply to plot owned by player (so that players can't apply novians to empire projects

Default Re: Blight Patch 395.21.0

From what I understand, the issue was that players who did not own plots could apply novians to world projects while players who did own plots could not. It was a bug in the system and an imbalance that was unfair to players who did own plots. So despite what the patch note sounds like, not everyone was able to use novians on world projects prior to this patch.

so, can't it be fixed so anyone / everyone can use them on world projects? instead of the other way around?

Technically yes, but to my understanding, using novians on world structures was never intended as it would encourage players to stockpile hundreds of novians just to instantly pop a world project, negating the community-driven workforce that we want to inspire from the playe rbase.

even if they do "stockpile" the novians.. they still had to do the work in the first place. These don't come from thin air. So technically they are just doing work in advance and it actually takes more work to stockpile them, because you lose 20% making them to start with.

With that said, you would also have to think about those that could also make and store normal resources and could do the same work without novians. So I am not seeing the point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    even if they do "stockpile" the novians.. they still had to do the work in the first place. These don't come from thin air. So technically they are just doing work in advance and it actually takes more work to stockpile them, because you lose 20% making them to start with.

With that said, you would also have to think about those that could also make and store normal resources and could do the same work without novians. So I am not seeing the point here.
    I mean, you can stockpile novians easier because they weigh nothing I guess? I can kinda see why they wouldn't allow this.

Thread Information