Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Order Imperial community projects

Default Re: Order Imperial community projects

I noticed during my travels that #36 Vandus March Gemcutting Shack was rebuilt.

I also repaired #29 Slate Hills Stoneworking Shelter:

Community Building Tracker database has been updated accordingly.

25 Imperial Workshops still need to be repaired.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Two new Imperial workshops have been completed this evening: #25 Saritova Logging Camp and #26 Saritova Ore Refinery. Resources were already partially applied before I brought mine, so thanks to all crafters who worked on them!

Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Two new freshly rebuilt Imperial workshops again. This time, #27 Saritova West Logging Camp and #10 Eastern Deadlands Stoneworking Shelter are done.
    All listed Tier V Imperial workshops are completed!

Three workshops have been finished today: #05 Barrier Vale Gemworking Shack, #06 Barrier Vale Logging Camp and #32 Summoner's Island Stoneworking Shelter. All listed Tier VI Imperial workshops are completed!

Community Building Tracker database has been updated accordingly. 18 Imperial Workshops still need to be repaired.

Workshop of the day: #16 Jirakis Stoneworking Shelter. There is a Dragon Craft Cave near it, but this adds some useful storage.

Community Building Tracker database has been updated accordingly

One less on the list: #18 Kirasanct Gem Cutting Shack.

Back to a warm (hot!) place, with this one: #09 Dralk Stoneworking Shelter. Quite an odd place to work Obisidian if you don't have your lair nearby, but now you can. The Weaving resources were already applied, thanks to the ones who worked on it.

Some more work in the Kirasanct area: #13 Frostwatch Gemcutting Shack is finished.

Two new workshops have been completed today: #11 Falathien Essence Circle and #12 Falathien Logging Camp. Tier IV is now finished. Onward to Tier III!

The new workshop built today opens a very nice place to craft Gold with a lot of resources nearby: #08 Desert Shore Ore Refinery.

#19 Mahagra Gem Cutting Shack has been completed. About 1/4 of the needed resources were already applied so it was faster than I had planned. Thanks to the crafters. This place offers a decent spot for Aquamarine.

Rebuilt workshop of the day: #22 Middling Lands Logging Camp. After this one, less than 10 listed workshops need repair.

#33 Trandalar Gem Cutting Shack near Valley of The Moon has been rebuilt. Gem outcroppings are pretty far away, but if you want to work there, now you can.

I am putting in a personal appeal to please think before you complete! You have completed three public projects recently that I have been using to level crafters slowly but surely. The loss of these last three shops you completed has robbed my crafters of several potential levels of advancement in building and gathering schools.

There are few, if any critical public shops to complete on Order at this time. If you need xp, please feel free to work on public shops of the appropriate tier. However, if you do not, please do not run around completing shops which lower level and new crafters might need to earn xp. Building trades are much harder to level up now than they were at game launch. Biped buildings are very spotty in terms of what tier materials and what type they require, and some tiers and craft combinations are next to impossible to find things to build. Also, not everyone owns a plot where they can build and recycle buildings to their heart's content, just to level up. And even if you find a private plot to help out on, the owner may leave.

Public buildings are great, because they tend to require some of every craft trade in the tier. If you build them all, you are making things that much harder for new and returning players. Public buildings also do not stop needing materials just because one person is not paying their subscription any longer. New and returning players also tend to find them (and value them more) as they are exploring level-appropriate locations.

If you need experience, or a location is critical to Order, please, build away. But if neither is true, then you are stealing opportunities for interaction with the shard, the chance to see one's work actually mean something, and a part of the game experience, from the very people we need to attract and keep on Order for the shard to have a future.
    Last edited by Wealtheow; February 25th, 2018 at 11:57 PM.

After discussing the matter directly, here is my final contribution to the project.

What's left:

Imperial Workshops:
    Code:
    #         COORDINATES                   LOCATION NAME                             WORKSHOP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01 -- 26599, 35724  [266/357]     Valley of Repose                 Acul Essence Circle (T3) 
    02 -- 26608, 35684  [266/357]     Valley of Repose                 Acul Logging Camp (T3) 
    15 -- 22938, 22933  [229/229]     Dalimond Peninsula               Jenkin's Hill Gem Cutting Shack (T2) 
    17 -- 16903, 16607  [169/166]     Scorpion Isle                    Kenaf Port Cloth Factory (T2) 
    20 -- 19880, 17256  [199/173]     Scorpion Isle                    Mambow Point Essence Circle (T2)
    28 -- 17227, 17758  [172/178]     Scorpion Isle                    Silver Mines Ore Refinery (T2)     
    30 -- 25289, 34654  [253/347]     Valley of Repose                 Trandalar Tannery (T3) 
    31 -- 25199, 34949  [252/349]     Valley of Repose                 Trandalar E Stoneworking Shelter (T3)

Other:
    - Guild Nong Artifact of Magic (19521/13469)
    - Cedar's Cove Rope Bridge (15112/15360)
    => http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?32188-Order-Imperial-community-projects&p=318450&viewfull=1#post318450

Happy crafting.

But if neither is true, then you are stealing opportunities for interaction with the shard, the chance to see one's work actually mean something, and a part of the game experience, from the very people we need to attract and keep on Order for the shard to have a future.
    Okay, this feels kind of like a leap in logic?

Newbies won't be going for builder schools first thing they can, nor will they be going for GMC, heck, biggest chance is they will go for builder schools because they decide to own a plot.

What I'm getting at is that people making the world seem actually alive is not a thing causing Order's population to skydive, because it's unable to retain newbies, they likely won't even get in contact with builder schools before they drop.

Order has a number of issues plagueing it, none of which I'll go in-depth about because of one of those reasons. But guilt tripping your fellow players isn't going to fix any of that, in fact, it could potentially even make it worse, think about that for a bit. You're essentially saying "Obey or you're not welcome".

Just my 2 cents.

I've been working on the tannery and stoneworking shelter in Valley of Repose, where my plot is. I believe the Essence Circle and Logging Camp are both already built. At least, when I run nearby to kill golems, they do pop up as complete on my map. I haven't actually gone closer, because my plot has both shops up. I won't be working on the T2 shops, so someone who needs the skill should feel free to do so. There is also a bit of masonry work be done in NR that I had never noticed before. Not sure how long it has been there. It is T1 and T2, behind the cleric trainer.

I flew Drakomen over the ridgeline to check, and neither the logging camp or essence circle are built. These are fairly convenient and useful spots. Lots of ents and wisps right there. I'm quite surprised no one has built them. Someone has done the weaving already, and some fitting. Please feel free to complete them.

Found during my travels: 4 Large Wooden Archways need repair in Harton Valley:

I will spread the word. Thanks for not completing lower level projects which are badly needed by those trying to level.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thread Information