Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disturbing News

Default Re: Disturbing News

Battles Part 7

In the Eastern Deadlands

The Moon was at its Zenith. The huge battle had been going on for hours. The horrific amount of thorned elder dark power flowing up through the crypt in the Eastern Deadlands suddenly somewhat abated. Istaria began calling to those Gifted from other realms to the place of battle to assist in stopping the black flow of power to the green clouds of the WA above. The numbers in the attacking Gifted grew, as the onslaught became more vicious and terrifying.

Upon their rebirth in their round of battle before the next attack, Lovwyrn, Flameous, and Lunalove heard an ever so faint sound in the ethereal distance. They stepped back from the carnage looking at each other. Something was very wrong. Lovwyrm gave the orders. The entire family of Gifted retreated back from the swirling mass of fighting and death.

Nyrevin, the Goddess of Death and Rebirth, whom had been assisting the Gifted approached the Nimrod Family at the fringe of the engagement. A huge tendril of thorned power slashed down at her turning to dust when it make contact. When the Elder Gifted died at this battle field she was in command. Once the battle commanders were resurrected then they once again took charge. She was able to raise large groups far faster than the Gifted normally expect. When the dead were raised by the Goddess they were resurrected on the fringe of the battle field. They were resurrected so quickly their prior bodies had not faded.

A Divine implacable force, she did not show her true visage underneath her dark cowled grey robes, nor pause in pace until she reached the Nimrod family.

She addressed Lovwyrm, “Istaria has told Galderos the God of War that ye have been given alternative duties elsewhere if ye wish and are released from this place. Now you oh Family of Nimrod must decide to go or to stay. Know ye this, the great heir to the Ancient Dragon Zadora from long ago is dying. To Chiconis ye must fly if you choose to save the little one. The Crystal Guardian there is in need of your help. The Prophecy of Zadora concerning the little hatchling must come to fruit. Istaria has chosen the Nimrod Family to care for the little one till the Guardian's duties allow the hatchling's return. The duties of the Guardian will far surpass the duration of this night into the future. Let there be no doubt Gifted Ones,-this-Great Crystal Guardian will allow the death of all of the Prime and Divine realms for the sake of the one! Therefore decide now! ”

With the mighty beat of Gifted Dragons wings the sixteen rose rapidly knowing time was of the essence. They could clearly hear the voice of Nyrevin shouting, “Fly Drulkar's children Fly!”

“We shall meet at the lair for those who cannot fly.” bellowed Lovwyrm, while Flameous relayed the orders to the bipeds of the family.

Just arriving, William Swann began drawing and releasing his arrows into the tentacle like shoots of dark power. His arrival had been delayed many times with this or that and he was intent on gathering a bit of the glory of this battle for himself. He was Gifted after all. This would be the fight all would discuss in the decades to come and he was determined to be a part of this historical Gifted defense of the lands.

Turning to William Swann, a Gifted ELAR from Hemji, part of the Annatar Guild, Nyrevin shouted, “ William Swann your duties lie elsewhere.” When she realized the young ELAR was ignoring her she advanced to him in a fury.

Trying to ignore her, William tracked the disturbance in the desecrated soil getting closer and closer. The terrible power was about to erupt thru the ground. He knew that if he timed it ever so carefully he could obliterate the whole thing. His arrow tip slowly dropped, as he drew back the Thornwood bow.

Slightly to his right, Nyrevin stopped knowing exactly what he was going to do and why. She also knew Knossos had called for him to go to his plot. Things were getting out of hand there and Istaria had given very specific instruction about what was to be done. The were also some other side issues, but as William Swann was not of one her children, she did not know what they were.

She addressed him emphatically and officially, “William Swann, adopted Gifted child of Wind Dancer who is mate and wife to Skirnir Ouija Glada, member of the Annatar, you are released from these duties and sent home.”
    Drawing a symbol in the air, she slammed the butt of her staff on his foot. Startled William released his arrow early at an angle to the ground, as he vanished. He disappeared in a blink of Dryad's wing beat. Skirnir seeing his adopted son disappear, ran over to Nyrevin hopping over the bodies of the Gifted as he ran.

Skirnir irritably snapped at Nyrevin, “Goddess where is my adopted son, I had given him orders to come and fight here.”

Nyrevin slowly looked The Gifted Dwarf up and down before replying, “Istaria contacted me after Knossos contacted her and I sent him home to his plot.”

Skirnir replied, “And Istaria told me he was to fight, nor has Knossos contacted me. You presume much Goddess of Life and Death, to interfere with the affairs of the Gifted. You have a place here and we understand why Istaria called you here. One of the biggest reasons this night has occurred is due to the complacency and laxity of the Divine Realms over the last few hundred years. As far as I am concerned, you and other ever so Divine entities, are just working off a debt OWED.”

“IF you think so much of your importance oh Mortal Gifted one then ask HER yourself!” responded Nyrevin angrily.

“In fact I think I will oh mighty Goddess of Life and Death of Non-Gifted Mortal affairs,” retorted Skirnir sarcastically. He lifted up both arms with a sublime expression of serenity on his face. Suddenly Skirnir seemed to hunch over then holding his hands to his temples he screamed. Hearing the shout of agony of an elder Gifted one, the throng of Gifted and those Gifted newly arrived pulled back.

Whirling he pointed at Nyrevin shouting, “Run fool, You are needed elsewhere! The Dark Elder Gods has disturbed more than they know!”

Nyrevin's eyes began to widen in fear. No longer focusing on the Gifted One called Skirnir, she saw the horrific sight in the grand ethereal distance, as the realms began to merge further. She only had to jump and her feet were in the Divine Reality. Leaving the Gifted behind in the Prime without further thought, she took out a glowing harp and began singing as she ran with her heart racing trying to keep the fear from warping the Divine melody of slumber. She could see the other Divinities running to the same goal. Istaria must never awaken lest the world end as HER dream of life came to a conclusion.

The Embodiment of Magic was beginning to moan and groan in a bed of endless slumber in her dreams of life. The pain was gathering in a nightmare of corruption decimating her dreaming of the love in life. The great balance had finally been disturbed. Her eyelids began to flutter. A resounding whimper throughout the realms became a scream of anguish. The oceans had begun raging. Earthquakes rolled across the lands of the Prime and all the realms connected. Where there was desert it thundered and rained. Where there were swamps heat blistered the land causing spontaneous fires. The silent volcanoes rumbled as before an eruption.

Skirnir drew upon himself the School of the Knight of Creation. He called for a Gifted Half Giant to lift him up. He knew this fight had to come to an immediate end. They the Gifted ones were needed elsewhere. The Embodiment of Magic had granted him a frightening vision. He called out to the Gifted, “The great Mother of us all is beginning to awaken. This battle must END in this place. We are needed elsewhere! Grant me of your own free will oh Gifted ones of all realms and all times all that ye are and share what I have been given.”

The Gifted did not move as the great ropes of evil increased in their power. One by one the Gifted sheathed their weapons and laid their hands on their brothers and sisters next to them. Seven thousand Gifted began to slowly glow with golden flames, as they transferred all that they were to others, who in turn gave others, finally arriving to Skirnir. Empowered by the Gifted Ones and the eternal magic of Istaria he wove the Glyph of Power in the air. The Gjallerhorn appeared in his right hand as he shared his Divine vision. Drawing a great breath he blew the horn of the most ancient of Gods. All that were asleep were awakened. The bindings on the honorable dead were released as the Gates to the Summerlands were opened. The uncorrupted dead and their ancient armies sprang out of their Divine confines with standards raised and horns blowing. The Elder Gods of Light were awakened. They boiled out of their dreams attacking their ancient enemies in the Divine lands. Drulkar, God of Fire, called upon his brethren in the Plane of Fire having only just recently received the plea of a particular hatchling related to himself from days of old. The journey to Istaria would be a long one.
    The trials of the Gifted would truly begin this night. For the Gifted there were no further decisions. Now the mortals and their battles would decide the Tapestry of Destiny for all.

The Twilight of the Gods had begun.
    Skirnir

Battles Part 8

In the Air to Chiconis

Lovwyrm thought to herself, “The Nimrod Family with its sixteen dragons will need it make its way as quickly as possible to Chiconis. The hatchling was approaching her time of death. Lovywrm's decision had been made for herself and her family. The rest of the family was recalling and porting to the Nimrod lair residence to prepare for their arrival. The volatile changing air currents was making the trip almost painful. Keeping a flight formation was becoming a near impossibility. Only a short time more she was hoping, as the vision granted to Skirnir was shared by all the gifted with the exchange of the power they gave him.

The divergent two futures were horrendous. Neither were acceptable to the Gifted much less any other living sentient creature, in her opinion she reasoned. The Divine Pantheon was busy now attempting to keep Istaria asleep with their magic and song. Only one Goddess did not join them.

Feeling her strength dwindle, as Skirnir had drawn on the power of all the Gifted, she alerted the others, “Above the Clouds quickly Nimrod, where the air is thin. The battle of our brothers and sisters in ED had drawn nigh!”

Flameus called out immediately, “All ancients assist those who cannot rise high or fast enough!”

Skirnir then blew the ancient horn. The Elder Gods of Light were now released to the Divine Realm to fight the Elder Gods of Darkness. The armies of the honorable dead were fighting their way to the Prime. About twenty percent of the lands were now meshed with the other realities and as this night progressed that percentage would grow.”

Higher and higher they rose. Below them the great dark tendrils were enveloped in molten like golden fire reaching out through the WA cloud cover. As the golden brighter than daylight flames enfolded the great dark tendrils power, in the great expanse below.

The Nimrod family was tossed in the air like flotsam in a grand storm at sea. The burning expanse in the clouds below, slowly collapsed to its point of origin. The land indented then exploded outward with a blinding white column of fire reaching above the highest cloud cover. The column in turn collapsed, resulting in a second explosion with an expanding circular ripple many meters high, slowly diminishing with distance from the implosion on the ground.

In the far distant west she could see the Naka aerial rafts rising quickly to avoid the shockwaves. She and her brethren had not been so lucky. Most of the family had taken damage to their wings and their pace slowed. Many could only heal each other in the air at a slower paces.

Seeing their predicament Lovwyrm spoke to her family, “Flameus. Lunalove and I will proceed to Chiconis. Others with us shall catch up and meet us and make ready for the trip to our terminus. Be prepared for battle in the air afterward.”

With her great wings she reached even higher then sped up, as she turned down to the shortest line of flight to Chiconis. Flameus and Lunalove pulled in tighter forcing the air to go around them all. In the distance she could see Chiconis covered by the green clouds of the WA. At two hundred meters above the city the green clouds were already slowly weaving themselves together after having the golden fire shred them.

Corrupted spirits and other creatures could be seen wandering the city in small groups. Her heart ached within her at the loss of such a Grand Center of Learning being lost to the enemy. The sheer audacity of it was outrageous. The WA walking about on the stones of a dragon city as if they had conquered it and the battles were done. This was the result of one of the probable futures Skirnir had shown them all in the revelation from Istaria if the night was not won.

Suddenly a blue column of fire rose up from Chiconis to the clouds above. A bubble seemed to be expanding from the base of the tower of blue fames. It rapidly went out and up over all the dragon lands associated with the dragon city then stayed in place. The corrupted spirits and undead were instantly dust blown away in an icy wind. The ground burned with blue flamed intensity. Words appeared in the air comprised from ancient Draconic glyphs before them, as they began the descending glide down. The glyphs fell apart into blue snowflakes of ice as they passed.

Lovwyrm addressed Flameus and Lunalove, “Walk only on the way provided by the Great Power. Step elsewhere and die. The Gifted will die here as quickly as the divine, much less any mortals. I am being made aware that ONLY Nimrod will be allowed here at this time. Do not change to your Khutit forms lest you die as well. I will speak for us all. This Great Crystal Guardian would just as well kill us, as look at us, much less speak to us. To her we are merely tools for use in a certain manner no more no less, if she decides to favor us with this necessity that must be done. Flameus please inform the others of these directives”. Her mate nodded seriously. The message was sent.

But we are Gifted!! and only we can come back to fulfill Istaria's wishes!” growled Lunalove.

Did you not remember the Fifth Great Crystal Guardian's warning given to Istara to give to that same Goddess? She said,

... I will –Obliterate-- her from all the realms, if there is ever another attempt.”

That threat was not hollow. It was a promise full of menace and great power. We are needed by Istaria. We cannot risk that possibility. Istaria Herself has not changed what the Goddess Nyrevin said to us,

....The duties of the Guardian will far surpass the duration of this night into the future. Let there be no doubt Gifted Ones,-this-Great Crystal Guardian will allow the death of the all of the Prime and Divine realms for the sake of the ONE!”

Child of mine, we are here for the safe retrieval of the hatchling which Istaria has approved. You will be silent. You will observe, listen, and learn in a matter of wisdom concerning one of the great powers of this world. You will not strike unless bid to do so. Follow your father's lead. Clear your mind of all passions. Let there be clarity and emptiness as Flameus and I taught you long ago. It is my belief she can see all of our thoughts, due to the changes wrought by her mother, Zadora.”

Following the path shown her, lovwyrm entered Chiconis underground halls with her claws sheathed. She slowly traversed to its deepest protected basement where the public birthing rooms were located. These rooms were for those without lairs. The newly born hatchlings would be protected and assisted by the ancient female matrons, till parents were able to attend them properly. The path was a long one and dark. The Great Crystal of Power had been moved to another location. The air began to thicken with power as lovwyrm entered the final huge underground set of chambers. The very air lit all objects clearly. The rooms were filled with a mother's song of rest and healing.

The Abomination was hovering one meter above the ground facing the entry way. She appeared not to notice them. Her wings, twice the size of an ancient, moved slowly. The creatures height was three meters. Upon closer examination lovwyrm noticed her Draconic features were only partially formed. Though her horns and wings were fully formed, the creature's lower paws and talons were warped and twisted which prohibited any standing. Tiny blue scales glistened on her nude form. Swirls of minutia blue flames randomly caressed her body.

Looking at the creature's feet her attention was drawn to the stone floor. She could see the lines of tiny bloody paw marks on the stone flooring indicating the hatchling's prior movement. The hatchling had tried to follow the others but had been unable to make it up the ramp. Over and over the bloody marks showed her attempts that ended in a spiral marking a center with a small pool of blood partially smeared on the floor.

The Abomination named Lilith had rends, tears, lacerations on her chest face and arms. Bite marks were here and there. The tiny hatchling was almost hidden in the arms of Lilith. She was limp then fighting and clawing and then limp again piping her anger then grief then ceasing abruptly. Despite her hostility the little one's tail was wrapped tightly around the forearm of Lilith. On her little forehead was a Draconic glyph, carved into the little one's flesh, already healed. At the base of the hatchling's neck was a circlet of crystal shards bound together with strands of blue light. The shards seemed to sparkle and shine independently of each other. The hatchling's scales were a pearly white and rippling highlights of scintillating silver with icy blue undertones. Her wings were pure transparent Istarian sky blue.

Lilith hovered with a serene expression slightly smiling without flinching each time damage was done to her by the little one. Lilith's blood would drip on the hatchling and then disappear. The room remained full of the sounds of a mother's song of rest and healing but there was no love in it, Lovwyrm observed. Intuitively Lovwyrm realized the abomination had been created to fill a need. A need that held no mother's love. Inwardly she shuddered at the pain of the revelation.

Lilith said out loud as if to herself, “She fights showing no mercy, no quarter, with all of her little heart and mind. How refreshing!!”

Lilith suddenly focused on the trio with animosity frowning, “You are late Nimrod!”

Lovwyrm said nothing nor did the other two. Slowly Lovwyrm walked to Lilith looking up at her calmly and remaining silent.

Looking down at the ancient female dragon Lilith said, “You are right about me. My mother left me unfinished and incomplete. She succumbed to the naka emotions of regret, grief and sorrow then left me for elsewhere or elsewhen. Her prophesies continue to come true though.

In my arms rests my mother's heir to the House of Zadora. The mortal Dragons were wrong about the hatchling's intent. She did not arrive to their conclusion till all had gone leaving her alone exhausted and spent. The spirits of her parents then tried to come for her. I relocated her parents to where they belonged and broke the links the hatchling had to the dead.

This is no true hatchling Nimrod. She carries the ability of an ancient's mental linking though limited in number now. Methinks she has other abilities but there is no time now for me to study this to ascertain. She thinks like an ancient without training. These crystals around her neck I made. They force her to remain in her body, provide a measure of protection and teach her what Zadora knew. This tiny hatchling will one day dwarf the dragons around her like your fore-bearers of old. I need not visit her for we are bound and linked through my mother's blood within us and the great crystal. Through me she is also linked to all within the House of Zadora and all its bipeds and a few Dragons of that same house. There is room in her tiny mind for one more link. When the link is formed you will know how to protect yourself from her adopted mother's blood abilities. Zadora was the only Blood Dragon ever born as well as Seer. So, with whom shall this be be formed?”

Looking up Lovwyrm said calmly, “I will link with her. It is only fitting.”

The hatchling looked into the eyes of Lilith without blinking. In a blur she leapt to the paws of Lovwyrm while still looking at Lilith.

Are you truly prepared Nimrod? You do not have time to spare to prepare yourself I think.” spoke Lilith, peering closely at Lovwyrm.

Lovwyrm retorted with exasperation, “Of course I am! She is only a hatchling.” holding gently but tightly the little one on her paws.

Still looking at Lovywrm closely, Lilith continued, “Listen closely therefore to these truths I tell you. The decision to take the hatchling to a Gifted lair is wise. For some unknown reason Istaria protects the properties of the Gifted. There will be assistance offered from an unwelcomed quarter in the flight to reach the lair. Take it, lest the hatchling die, Nimrod is overwhelmed failing in this duty and you face my wrath until the End of Days. A battle is coming to you in the skies.”

Turning slightly looking at Flameus and Lunalove, while ignoring the hatchling and ancient female, Lilith stated emphatically, “Your mate and mother will need your assistance to stabilize the link. I simply don't have time. Mordel is in need of assistance. The High Elders of both Chiconis and Dralk are dying, due to Mordel's scruples of Gifted Laws and the foolishness of mortal Draconis, guardians or not.

A great spider has spun a web snaring all of Draconis for aeons. This traitor in their midst manipulates the destruction of the children of the 1st Dragon for its own reward. This traitor, Brutus, is there now and my mothers living blood has looked forward for the aeons of her life to experience his ignominious demise.”

In a blink Lilith touched Lovwyrm's forehead. The Abomination flashed into blue flames heading to Dralk. The Gifted dragon could see her mate reach out for her as the world to her eyes shredded into darkness. Her mate's bellow of fear became distant. Her mind felt stretched then emptied then filled falling into a vortex of scintillating colored lights sweeping her into an impossible rainbow of different hues of blood caressing her in warmth.

She seemed to have no strength. Feeling she was drowning, she thrashed this way and that, caught in the current of red horrific memory in which she had no control. She could hear the piping of a hatchling on the shore telling her to get out of the blood river or be lost forever. Every breath she took of the living blood flooded her with new memories, tragedies of hunger, thirst, fear, pain and hatred. Lovwyrm could feel all that defined herself slowly fragmenting and slipping away, overwhelmed by the aeons of thick red river memories. The truths became apparent in the living memories of the unspeakable one, the unmentionable one, whom had been stricken from all the records of Dragon kind, as the great ultimate anathema. The weight of the truths of Zadora's memories dragged her under its fast moving surface.

Jumping into the river the tiny hatchling grabbed Lovwyrm on the side of her face screaming, “Have you forgotten your mate? Have you forgotten your mating flight of binding? Remember the Love remember the Glory of it!”

Snatching at her own memories and with a might snap of her Gifted wings lovwyrm rose up from the River of Memories that was heading over Edge of the massive cliff. She looked down hovering above the lip of the massive falls where the blood was falling in a distant horizon far below. Shrouded by a rising red mist below her she she could see no end of the mighty red river. Time seemed meaningless here. A vast landscape of high mountains and deep green valleys with an horizon of blood red hues for the skyline were visible to her.

The hatchling stirred looking up stating clearly in her minute piping voice, “We must hurry the enemy is drawing closer. Time is running out for all of us.”

Lovwyrm held her closely, “How do we leave this fearsome place.”

Reach out to Flameus your mate. This place cannot hold you. You are Gifted.” she replied yawning, as she began sliding into Morpheus's arms.

Lovwyrmn asked, “Where does the river go?”

The hatchling did not respond. Reaching out to her mate she found herself enclosed in his wings. She drew up slowly embracing him gently, “Your love brought me back my Beloved. Time is up. We must fly. The battle promised is nearly upon us!”

Racing to the entrance the Family of Nimrod launched themselves towards their destination. High above Chiconis and heading southward the power of Lilith was removed. The heavy neon green clouds of the WA once again covered the great Dragon city thickening. Above and behind them they could see one of the bipeds fleets. Taking a formation above the thin true clouds higher than a Gifted could fly. Tiny specks could be seen falling from them west of Chiconis.

Seeing below herself, while flying high above the water, she could see the crisscrossing waves hundreds of meters high scouring the seabeds. Uncovered were the ancient wrecks of yore and broken stone cities laying deep below the water's surface, while horrific shapes moved in the still full ravines of deep black waters.

Feeling a tapping on her paws she leaned forward to the hatchling whom whispered softly, “The great river of blood goes to Zadora. Lilith does not know her mother is alive. Zadora received her daughter's plea of need. She, her family and their great clan of Dragons come, full of wrath full of vengeance...”

Far in the west behind Nimrod, almost obscured from sight, monstrous columns of fire rose to the distant sky easily providing the light they needed before them in their trek from Chiconis.....

Twilight of the Gods continues
    Last edited by Skirnir Ouija Glada; July 31st, 2018 at 05:00 PM.
    Skirnir

Battles Part 9

Dralk

Mordel addressed Brutus after seeing him almost kill Malicore knocking him out of his way. Brutus had attempted to charge out of the entry way from the ancient grand hall, wherein seven thousand dragons congregated.

Personally positioning himself so that Brutus could not leave Mordel chuckled, “Ah Brutus I am so very honored you came to meet me personally. There is much we need to discuss at the podium below!” Knoble heard the ancient's bellow of pain as Mordel back pawed him into the entry way. At the Gifted Mordel's command the stone arched entry way flowed into a solid wall, there would be no escape. Knoble recalled then began the flight to Admiral Sharpfizzle.

Malicore called to his comrade behind Brutus in the hall way, “Does the plan remain as we discussed?”

Mordel replied, “For our purpose here, yes. Another party will conclude it I think.”

“Do we split the kills?” enquired Malicore.

“There will be no kills if it can be helped. We will gain however such a grand list of enemies that no doubt we will be busy for decades with the challenges. Now give the Elder ancient plenty of room to go down the right side to the base of the Grand Hall Malicore.” replied Mordel somberly. Looking at Brutus, who tried to avoid eye contact with the angry Gifted Ancient, Mordel continued, “However IF he tries to injure you again you DO have the right of self defense. This IS Dralk after all and not Chiconis with their committee decisions after much debate. So feel free to kill him with those special Dragon killing arrows you made, to prove to me that they actually work. I find myself dubious still despite your lengthy explanations.”

Brutus, glancing at Malicore drawing an arrow from a bright yellow quiver, prudently decided to run down the opposite side. Bellowing that a Gifted attack was eminent Brutus ran down the large long ramp downward knocking other dragons aside in his flight to avoid the Ancient Gifted behind him. Though he hurried along behind Brutus, Mordel appeared to be moving at a pace that bespoke of a stately grace of power and grandeur.

Glancing below Mordel could see the 2nd in command of each High Council at the base of the huge chamber slowly executing the two High Elders. Cassius of Dralk and Nerious of Chiconis seemed to relish the slow killing. Each believed he would inherit a Crown of Guardianship. This would make him a Guardian of a Great Power Crystal with its inherent power in each city. Blood lust filled their eyes as they cursed in the oldest Dragon tongue of their hapless law abiding victims. Pools of blood gathered below each high elder until they respectively fell into their own blood, each weakened too much to remain standing.

Malicore was approaching the end of one ramp making sure he touched all in this path screaming all the while, “Make way, tainted coming through.” The bellowing outraged dragons tried to strike him only to hit their fellows by accident. The fear and anger in turn broke out into conflicts down the ramp behind him. Dragons in front of Mordel complained, as they had to make way for his greater Gifted bulk. However being solicitous Mordel apologized to all that he accidentally jostled in his trek downward. Seeing Brutus already running like a hatchling with its tail on fire at the base of the grand hall, Mordel bellowed to Brutus sarcastically, “Fear not Brutus you need only turn into Khutit form to get out through one of the two emergency exits. I fixed them myself to assist you, as the adjoining cliff sides are rather steep. I did not want any unforeseen deaths here today.” Only the ancients around himself thought the statement strange.

As Brutus ran though the first exit opening at the base of the grand hall, Mordel paced over to the open area where the high councils had gathered around the dying two High Elders. Shouldering his way past the circling clustered groups Mordel commanded the slow executions to cease. Neither Cassius nor Nerious stopped.

Cassius looked him in the eye saying, “This is the law being carried out. If you attempt to set yourself above the Laws, all in this great hall will rid the world of you. Unlike the bipeds WE do NOT fear the Gifted.” Both High Councils looked at Mordel in animosity. The shouts and bellows of the grand hall was thunderous in anger. Mordel basked in the outcry extending his wings standing in his back paws thinking how much his vaunted long list of enemies had grown.

Malicore intruded happily, “I can kill them Mordel!. I am not a dragon and your grand laws do not affect me. Besides you and I both know the High Elders cannot die here tonight lest the world end early and all these fools die too fast.,” piped Malicore, waving around the yellow quiver for all to see.

“No Malicore you can not kill them outright. That is against the Law.” Mordel huffed.

When he saw he was no longer being paid attention to Malicore pulled out a Gnomian folding chair from his back pack and sat down pouting by the trio of large crystals coming out the the middle of the dais. Thinking to himself, Malicore watched the Elders slowly die, seven thousand dragons bellowing in hate, and seeing the Dragon called Brutus speed to the to the 2nd exit unable to leave through the 1st like a Mythological Gerbel Beast hopped up on speed potions truly set the stage for a D.D.--Moment--. Only the hotly sought after issues of the Daily Dungeon illegal tabloid could tell a better story than what he was seeing. Thinking of a great DD story line he could sell to the tabloid for more cash, an idea came to mind.

Jumping up suddenly from his folding chair Malicore shouted at Cassius and Nerious, “HO CASSIUS!, HO NERIOUS! Look and see!! There goes Brutus with your shares of the stolen horde from the hatchlings, fake public assistance laws, horde tithe laws and last but not least the sealed lairs of the Honorable Dead!! He is escaping!! Nab him before he takes it all and the blame falls ONLY on you both! Your lives will surely end and he will sun himself daily on a sunny island beach far away with Naka female bipeds cleaning his scales every day!!

Due to the precise acoustical nature of the ancient grand hall the shout echoed from top to bottom. The bellows of rage suddenly silenced as all watched the Seconds of both High Elder Councils stop their slaughter and start running towards the second exit after Brutus. Realizing for the first time just how well everyone could hear him, Malicore strode with confidence to the center of the huge flat slightly elevated stone platform.

Malicore raised his voice looking upward to the huge audience, “Hail and well met oh Draconis! I am glad I am here for this historic event. A grand Convention of all Draconis. I am Malicore finest archer in all the lands and in the air above. I am addressing you since Mordel is busy watching the High Elders die since he cannot heal them, according to the Gifted Laws and the supposed laws of this land. Since I am Sslik and do not abide by these fake laws of Dralk, I will save my friend from himself. I will give the High Elders a bit of help, since he does NOT want a particular 3rd party holding this event over his head until the End of Days.”

Malicore then briskly walked over, poured a Vestia's potion down the throat each of the High High Elders then cast a low level regrowth spell on them. Small things though they were, the combo would keep them away from the brink of an untimely death.

Returning to the grand podium he held up his bow and yellow quiver saying forcefully, “Draconis OWES me two favors now for your ignorance and stupidity. Mordel seal the exits lest the evil two dragons escape destined punishment.” Mordel stood up and clinched his right fist. Distant bellowing and fighting could be heard. The air seemed just a bit cooler. Looking at Mordel, Malicore knew the dragon noticed it as well, albeit no one else did.

The grand hall echoed with the bellows of anger and fire at the audacity of the Naka's statement. Seeing the huge trio of crystals mounted in the middle of the podium's base, Malicore climbed up standing on all thee using his tail to stabilize himself.

Holding himself up proudly, he raised his voice, “Let the great crystals decide as they were made by Drulkar himself before he left. I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth so help me Kaasha. Since I am the ONLY follower of Kaasha here and am a devout tithe paying adherent, if you mess with me you will be messing with my GOD.”

Standing on the crystals of Truth, Judgement and Punishment Malicore spoke plainly. The Assembly of Dragons grew silent watching the ropes of fire from the Crystals swirling around him without damage. A transparent shape surrounded the trio of tilting crystals with Malicore standing on top. The shape of a huge snake towering seven meters above him stood over him flaring its hood coated in ever so faint flames, colors of the deep jungle. Seeing the shape around him he smiled, showing all his sharp teeth then spoke.

“It is true that Cassius and Nerious are horde thieves, liars and blackmailers. It is true that even though they did not actually steal anything they got their share. The percentage of the hoards of hatchlings, adults, ancients and sealed lairs of the dead were not all. Their additional crimes of blackmailing Brutus, insured their share of the tithes paid to Dralk and Chiconis and various causes. Their other crimes are mostly lies of empty boasting with all their nonexistent battles and exploits of adventure. Now Brutus is a rather vague and unknown quantum. We have watched him steal from the sacred sealed lairs. We have watched him blackmail ancients, threaten adults and terrorize hatchlings. Only recently did we realize there was more after a healing session with the head of the healing tower outside of Tazoon. This fact tho is neither here nor there as what we found out is unsubstantiated. Another however will elaborate on these issues.

HO CASSIUS, HO NERIUS come out come out where ever you are! All of Draconis awaits your words of wisdom from two of its finest ancient warriors, one of Chiconis and one of Dralk. I have shredded your reputations and cast grave doubt on your glory, your bloodlines and the truths you have supposedly spoken for centuries. The podium is yours to defend yourselves and all that has been alleged that you have done. Forsake not your race in this Holy place of truth, judgement and punishment.”

Looking around there was no doubt the air was colder, a chill wind was beginning to swirl inside the Grand ancient hall. The lava was not flowing as fast but was becoming sluggish with chunks of black stone in it. He happened to look at his hand as a snowflake drifted down and melted. He looked up and saw Mordel motioning upward. The rasping sound of the God coiling around the crystals caught his attention and he glanced sideways.

The huge hooded flared head of Kaasha dropped down looking at him nose to nose saying, “Ware thee child of mine!” The apparition then disappeared.

Cassius and Nerious had been coming onto the stone podium with deliberate slowness in Khutit form. Seeing their chance they transformed into dragons from their Khutit forms as they ran towards Malicore. The Sslik stood in silent conversation with the transparent figure, his back to them. Seeing the huge figure coiled around Malicore disappear they attacked rearing up with wings extended to deliver their spells and great bursts of flame.....

Malicore knew he was in trouble with the warning given to him by his God. He could almost see behind himself and with his acute hearing he could hear the scraping of talons running on the shiny stone flooring of the podium. The two great ancient Draconic thieves were attacking from behind. Although the attack was an uncharacteristic dishonorable move, with their crimes both knew that they would surely be condemned to death. Horde theft with grave robbing as well as theft of the living were almost the greatest of the Draconic crimes. Malicore knew there was no way he was going to live. They were preparing their stuns and immobilization spells as they ran, accumulating in the use of their greatest flame breath weapon. He could dodge successfully sparing his own life or attack both once successfully, ensuring their deaths with his specials arrows. He, Malicore, would come back of course since he was Gifted. The two dead ancients would be dead forever AND he would win his bet with Mordel. He liked that latter outcome. He grinned to himself.

Using his mastered schools he jumped straight up somersaulting backwards while drawing two arrows and equipping his bow. Time slowed down as his movements speeded up. The ancients gestured like a performing duo while taking the deep breaths as they extended their wings. The bow twanged. Malicore released the arrows a microsecond before being frozen stationary in the air, stunned in a floating stance. The bow string still vibrated from the powerful draw.

The heads of the duo came forward releasing their breaths of flowing flames searing the air heading to the Gifted Sslik warrior. The arrows with large multi-bladed heads on extended shafts and covered with various types of odd scripts sped to their targets. The scripts on the arrows seemed to burn, waver and glow, while passing the breaths flowing to Malicore, on the way to kill him.

With his thoughts turning to black Malicore's voice floated on the air softly with his expiring breath, “Mine, I won.” The fiery flowing breaths hit him in midair carbonizing instantly. The body of the Gifted dropped to the tripod of huge dragon crystals shattering into dust. The bow and quiver of arrows clattered to the floor echoing in the huge ancient chamber full of Dragons. The arrows hit simultaneously with the death of their master. In the center of mass they buried themselves wiggling deeper to feathers of each shaft in the chests of the Dragons. Flesh bubbled and burned around the shafts. One dropped to a knee wings laying limply on the floor with flesh turning to stone. The other stood fully still though wobbling unable to speak or move as he began to topple melting into a growing puddle. With a cry Mordel lunged too late to protect his battle companion.

His bellow of anguish and howl of hatred filled the chamber echoing hollowly with dragons watching above, silently ensnared in the drama below them.

Skirnir

Battles Part 10

Dralk

The base of the brilliant Lapis Lazuli colored column of flames splashed on the stone in front of the two ancients dying in place. Within the three meter wide column of flames the nine foot figure's descended with wings folding effortlessly . The creature finally floated one meter above the stone with an aerial grace matched by none. Hovering forward as the column of flames disappeared, she approached the one dragon still barely standing until she was face to face with him. Watching his slowly dulling eyes she jerked out the arrow to inspect it then thrust it back into his chest.

With a slight movement backwards she addressed both, “Sorry but my mother was rather explicit about your deaths in her prophesy. You will NOT die in this manner. Making an obscure gesture in the air both were frozen “absolutely”. Cold icy streams of fog flowed off them to the floor.

The breaths of dragons could be seen upward throughout the balconies above. The flowing darkened lava slowed then turned into shiny black stone columns up to their points of origin. The trio of crystals of Truth, Judgement and Punishment began to crackle then burst into different colored flames.

The creature continued as she turned surveying all of Draconis in a slow three hundred and sixty degree arc, “Well well well!! A fine gathering and I was not invited, despite the numerous requests given to the councils and to that fine Archivist and Law Giver Brutus. How so against the Laws set forth by the 1st Dragon! In accordance with those ancient Laws here I am. I will address certain misconceptions of the Dragon race concerning MY mother. There was the treachery within the Dragon's own ranks and the wayward direction YOUR race takes this night according to the Laws of the 1st Dragon no longer remembered. All of these things occurred due to Brutus's machinations. The tiny Sslik Malicore was indeed correct in the small amount he said. You saw with your own eyes the crystals and their finality with the presence of his God. But where is Brutus, as his compatriots of a sort stand frozen solid before us all?”

Facing Mordel the creature said sarcastically, “Why are you allowing that traitor to all dragon kind to run around? He is already on his way galloping like the mythological horses of old to the entrance. He is on the 2nd, almost 3rd tier at this time. He is causing all sorts of commotion and fear, due to his sordid terrible reputation that none dare to challenge with his great social standing. Is this beyond the Gifted's abilities oh Gifted Mordel, the Mighty Lunus?!”

Mordel growled at the creature hissing, “I look forward to meeting you in battle without the mantle of being a Crystal Guardian!”

Edging closer she looked down at Mordel, “I look forward to you no longer being a Gifted one. Then we will see whose bloodlines are more powerful! But think what you will I care not whether the world ends or continues. I have obtained what --I-- needed. You would just perish with the rest of these fools.”

Caught by surprise Mordel backed up saying, “I will get the broken one Abomination!”

At his words the entire grand hall erupted in protests, demands and threats. With his great wings snapping Mordel rose up to the 3rd tier of the grand hall. Obliterating the spiraling balustrade in front of Brutus, Mordel snatched him by the foreleg and flung him out to the huge airy center of the hall. Brutus fell like a bag of stones. Almost to the floor he bounced then stopped in place in the air, flailing about in fear above the trio of crystals in the center of the great podium.

Lilith called out Mordel high above her, “Unless of course you are just cranky because I am beautiful and you wish for a Mate!” The creature called the Abomination, Lilith child of the unspeakable Anathema named Zadora changed into her Fiendish form and stood on the stone in the center of the raised flat podium. Raising her arms out wide to encompass all she tilted her head back as she sang the praises of her blood lines and her mother Zadora, while the great multitude of Dragons howled and bellowed in anger.

“Kill it!” bellowed one.

“It is the tainted one! Let none go near!” squawked another.

“It is a biped plot to lead us all astray from the Great Laws!” said a third bellowing above the others.

“With a howling screech an ancient female Lunus cried out, “She is the one who kidnapped the hatchlings, killed the matrons and seeks like her mother to destroy all dragon kind while allied with the Withered Aegis!”

The great multitude of Dragons divided into factions each following one of the different ancients who's statements had inflamed them all. Only a third in number remained silent, watchful and quiet looking to see what would happen to their High Elders within the drama below.

“Come down here Gifted Mordel formerly of Lunus,” commanded Lilith, “and tear off the scale pack of Brutus and empty it here on the floor. All need to see a certain terrible truth hidden by the lies of Brutus and his sycophants, who squawk like chickens in the balconies above! I will bring back your brother to do what is required as you have not!”

Walking over to the tripod of crystals Lilith began to chant. With one palm up the bow and quiver floated up to settle in her left hand. Her other palm down was wreathed in blue robust flames. The carbonized pieces of the Gifted one known as Malicore assembled themselves turning into bone, sinew muscle and fleshly covering below her right hand in the order chanted. Malicore appeared standing on the crystals where he had been.

Lilith floated upward in her Fiendish form addressing Malicore while holding out the bow, quiver and arrows to him, “Henceforth you will not dabble in Dark Dragon magics. The curses were more than you knew. You thought there were only a blend of poisons of all types AND a mere one hundred curses per arrow. You were wrong. Ten arrows, two of which you used had one thousand curses on them. Many of the Dragon curses were not singular but a panoply. You should have asked Mordel for he is brighter than you believe. So I do you this courtesy. I changed the arrow heads to something far deadlier and colored the more damaging arrows in a nice bright blue to remind you of me,” smiling maliciously.

Hovering by Brutus, whom he swatted off and on when he got to close, Mordel looked down upon the Abomination whom he wished to kill with all of his great Draconic heart. He called down, “By what authority do you command me oh Abomination?”

“By the Laws of the Balance of course Gifted one. The Laws that state none may intrude, but the Guardians in the Affairs of Balance. Now mind you when a Great Crystal Guardian is incapacitated then another may wear their mantle of power. Even now I wear three mantles in this affair of Dragons. By being chosen by Istaria you no longer have a say so before this Grand Gathering even as their authority does not bind you.”

“Turning to Malicore she said , “Now refresh your heals on the High Elders that they may not die. Then you should encourage your friend hovering up there that you both need to leave.”

“Why should I obey you Abomination?” quipped Malicore.

“Because it is the Gifted thing to do little Sslik and if not well I am looking for a suitable Mate she silkily returned adding, “Your God did say. 'Ware then well child of mine'. So the more suitable question should be of whom was your God warning?”

Malicore slowly backed up with this revelation, as Lilith's liquid blue fiery eyes followed him closely with a certain hunger. Fearful for the first time in his life Malicore hurried complying with the demand of this truly cold wrathful creature. He gestured to Mordel to come quickly. Seeing the secret gesture for battle Mordel responded landing next to him.

Malicore whispered, “Pick me up quickly oh my brother of battle. Away we must be gone immediately. A terrible fate is coming. Kaasha has warned me.”

Smelling his compatriot's increasing fear Mordel looked from Malicore to see Lilith clothing herself in a flowing gown of the most delicate of all silks that floated around her and behind her as she walked to them. Her grin of malice becoming larger and larger, showing her gleaming white sharply pointed teeth, as she neared. She curtsied deeply lowering her head to view the floor in a mockery of obeisance. Then raising up she tilted her head and began to dance gracefully twirling in circles singing a ancient guttural spell of a dead language long since dust.

Suddenly the stone flooring in equidistant places around trio of crystals located in the center of the podium became liquid. Fiery lava-like chains shot through the air searching for those the spell demanded. Fear rolled through the great hall like giant enclosed waves. Leaping off the balconies Dragons scattered in fear of the fiery stone chains weaving their way through the ranks of seven thousand, burning many of them. The air itself had seemed to begin to humm with the surrounding walls of the great hall vibrating. Pieces of stone fell off onto the ornate balconies bouncing and impacting on Dragons. Chaos added to the thickening aura of fear. Four of the Dragons were pulled from the air above to the floor around the crystals. Two were snatched from the ranks of the twin High Elder Councils. Six dragons now laid manacled and chained to the floor wailing for mercy from the fiery lava chains. Brutus floated turning this way and that. He cursed at the chained ones reminding them all that the Great Trio of Crystals, gave Truth, Judgement and Punishment for all thoughts, words and gestures. He was ignored. Only the last two dragons frozen in slow deaths of courses were silent.
    Changing to her full semi Draconic form, Lilith snatched off the scale pack of Brutus who floated helplessly, unable to stop the his motion of turning in place. She moved first towards Mordel saying softly in barely contained wrath, “If you ever disobey a command of any Crystal Guardian again in a matter of Balance I will obliterate you in every incarnation till the end of days!”

Turning her back on the pair of Gifted Ones, she hovered to and over the trio of crystals. Lilith called out to the crystals below her and the dragons above her. “ Behold all Draconis the possessions of Zadora, stolen by Brutus,” pouring them on the floor.

The Crystal of Truth flared its white flames around her and the items from the scalepack without damage.

Moving around and slowly back to the Gifted ones she spoke softly, “You each owe me a very large favor. Now you need to prepare to leave or stay dying the lesser death first with the eternal death quick to follow.” She turned her back dismissing them and headed back to the crystals.

Shocked at a threat no one else had ever dared give him Mordel was taken aback blinking slowly. Malicore leaped up onto his friend and whispered urgently and quietly so none would hear, “My brother of battle. We must leave NOW. She is become ringmaster and holds the fates of all in her taloned hands.” Mordel grunted in acknowledgment but remained unmoving.

Hovering over the crystals and reaching down she grabbed the tip of the Crystal of Truth.
    Lilith called out again to her Draconic audience pointing to Malicore and Mordel, “Behold my thankfully Distant Draconic relatives, whose elders swam once upon a time in a no doubt murky gene pool of bloodlines, our Gifted Guests here below. Behold my relatives, Mordel the legendary Gifted Dragon from Dralk and Malicore the famous demon bow user from Lesser Aradoth. Gifted Ones, who I might add, were not invited and who are intruding upon the affairs of Dralk by even being here. Imagine the audacity of them trying to give orders to Elders of the High Councils to stop a supposedly lawful execution, even though the alleged event was so poorly attempted and forsooth not even completed. If this was not enough, a Naka biped addressing the grand hall of Dragons, as if he had the authority of the 1st dragon to do so!!

But who am I to understand the foolish things dragons do since I am merely a simple half breed Abomination of a female looking for a mate. Alas, there will be no mate garnered here for me! She clasped her arm across her chest in mock sorrow. My hopes have been absolutely dashed since those Gifted ones PURPOSELY tainted every single dragon in here at least according to those fake idiot laws all of you follow.”

The various rumbling and insults growled and bellowed at her ceased faster than one could blink. All looked down upon the duo of Gifted ones in question while scowling at Lilith.

She continued, “Did not Brutus say, ' a Gifted attack was eminent ' as he ran down the ramps after being back pawed by Mordel at the entry way above you? Did not Malicore say, ' Make way, tainted coming through.' as he ran down alone on the opposite side of the great hall?”

The crystal flared with white fire enveloping her but not burning. A singular truth had been revealed. The crystal had spoken. Without hesitation hundreds of Dragons attempted to attack the Gifted duo. Mordel reared up in defiance. Malicore without thought pulled a random group teleport scroll out and initiated the spell. Dragons hit the floor bouncing as the pair vanished to an unknown destination. Lilith sidestepped while hovering in the air avoiding colliding Dragons and the chaos of many dragons shoving their way through others hunting for the pair.

Slowly the multitude of dragons gathered their composure. The accused Dragons lay chained to the floor below them and the Gifted pair was gone. Many remained hovering not taking back their places on the balconies. Only the few most ancient Dragons had been unmoved as they silently watched the explosive drama below unfold. Sniffing the air with eyes squinting, they cast spells around themselves heightening their awareness of their environment and the stone surrounding them all. They could feel it in the air. They could feel it in the stone.

Something dark, Something monstrous, Something ravenous with hunger was coming. Time was running out...

Last edited by Skirnir Ouija Glada; August 23rd, 2018 at 05:50 PM.
    Skirnir

Battles Part 11

Dralk

Slowly Lilith, claimed daughter of Zadora, known to all as the Abomination rose slowly and majestically to the center of the huge space of the most ancient Grand Hall of Dragons.

Built by the 1st High Elder Council, while the 1st dragon still flew the skies of Istaria, nothing since could compare to its grandeur and magnificence. Large statues lined the spiraling stone, gem and jeweled balconies. All the walls were inlaid and carved with the ballads, battles, glory and adventures of the 1st Dragons of that race. Only Dragon knowledge and might could have built such a place to house the huge triad of crystals of Truth, Judgement and Punishment in the center of the of the diaz. Inscribed in a huge circle around the sentient crystals were the great Laws. The triad of two meter high crystals, carved out of unknown deep stone of the world by the 1st Dragon, could not be explained. The 1st Dragon never offered any explanation of their existence.

There was no whisper of even a breeze, as she surveyed above and below herself. The Draconic race of adults and ancients, except a few protecting the hatchlings, watched her. Only the Gifted Dragons were not here but this night was not meant for them. This was the night of reckoning her mother had planned for, but could not stay to see. Lilith noted four ancients blocking and guarding the third of the Dragon race in Khutit form behind themselves to the front entry way at the top. Only these four ancients had remained loyal to their own High Elders.

Lilith's wing span was twice the area of that of an ancient and easily folded the air without effort. She remained silent with only a hint of a mysterious smile, as she surveyed her audience. With the Two High Elders still on the floor ever so slowly regenerating she retained their power for action which emanated as a perfect glowing sphere around her. Swirling hues without pattern of gold, blue and red fire surrounded her, a translucent cocoon of undeniable power. The moments passed like a wall of grinding ice on stone, inexorable and unstoppable.

“Why are you here Abomination?! What are you waiting for?!” shouted one of the hovering dragons.

“What gives you the right to close the exits with ice, trap us here and chain our leaders?!” bellowed another,” speaking with a voice of indignant rage an ancient female accused while standing on a balcony.

“Our time is far more valuable than you or your so called mother. You are wasting it like a petulant hatchling,” roared an ancient Helian drake.

The dragons roared their wrath at her with threats of slow death and obliteration.

Lilith augmented her voice, then chuckled softly with echoing musical laughter. With a sarcastic gesture of her hand on her forehead in mocking fear she replied, “I am here for my mother for I am a dutiful daughter. I await the arrival of destiny for this race of fools I observe all around me. By necessity I close the exit corridors to address what is by right mine. I will prevent the escape of traitors you know not in your great ignorance that are present in this grand hall. I am here for Truth Judgement and Punishment for those to be held accountable by the great taloned paw of the 1st Dragon. I will taste and see the sweetness of retribution for the crimes of the guilty that have continued to this day. I will free all of you from the snares of the lies given by your leaders in their ignorance, or their contrivance, for the present and past aeons. So first I shall tell you all a nasty little story, then you will see with your own eyes, feel with your own flesh and thus know how far the mighty so called Draconic immortal race has fallen in this world.”

Lilith continued, “By the right given by the 1st Dragon, and forgotten through an aeons long conspiracy, I address you all. Let any adult or ancient challenge, if they must, so that I may quickly kill them that this grand circus may be finished. But know this all, I carry the mantles of Guardian Power of Three, not One, given by Istaria for the Great Balance of the world. I will use this great power for the good of all. Afterward I shall give you a single warning, a single message and a single reminder. Therefore come one come all that I may obliterate all of you and be done with it!”

Ignoring all and focusing, Lilith raised her hands and arms gracefully. She started making an ancient intricate series of gestures in the air muttering in the first ancient Dragon tongue an incantation forgotten by all, but her mother and given to herself. Four score and seven Dragons attacked from below and above to rend her. Leisurely pointing to the trio of Truth, Judgement and Punishment she called out their forgotten names. The crystals exploded with pillars of flames reaching up to the ceiling far above encompassing the attackers in white, red and black flames. Crescendos of explosive power shattered many of the balconies with pieces of stone falling on those below. The great hall rocked back and forth with the power of the Truth, Judgement and Punishment of the 1st Dragon.

Silence came quickly as Dragons both, hovering and still standing on the remains of the huge spiraling balconies, watched the trails of dust that were all that remained of the attackers, fall to the floor. Only the wails of the chained dragons could be heard faintly on the floor below. Brutus' rage was obvious to all but he said nothing knowing that to do so would invite the attention of the Crystals to himself.

Lilith called out to the spectators rather maliciously commenting, “Have you all forgotten that the great crystals herein this grand place are alive? Only the 1st Dragon understands their intelligence having created them himself.”

She continued to speak grinning while turning slowly about that all might see her smile, “I see you are shivering in anticipation so I will get on with this necessary revision of most all you know. All are aware of the departure of the 1st Dragon and its approximate date. There is nothing however about the 1st High Elder council that left with him. That has been changed over the centuries by Brutus.”

A Dragon retorted above, “It seems to be always this and always that about this respected high Dragon but no proof have we heard or seen with each alleged crime you cite. You imply his crimes are Legion. Provide the truth or face death!”

“Come forth from behind others so that all may see your foolishness Dragon . Come forth that the crystals need not search for you. You tread on the precipice of oblivion for speaking out of turn. To not abide by the rules of this convocation as set forth by the 1st Dragon can result in Death. However, I shall be magnanimous and forgive you in your arrogance and ignorance. Until you all were notified by your High Elders none knew this place existed nor the rules set forth by the 1st Dragon for its use. Brutus knows but you all see he has said nothing to refute anything stated here in the place of our powerful ancestors. Imagine that!!”

There was no response and no single Dragon came forward.

She continued, “ The two first born of all dragons were Brutus and Zadora. Zadora was perfect in every way and far greater in size, strength and intellect than all her peers. But, Brutus was umm ahh how can I say it politely, while rubbing her chin in an absent manner, “.....different.”

Like a historian of old she continued her tale, “In those ancient days all hatchlings were evaluated. Brutus was a runt and perpetually weak. He had no magical spark of power within him. He was mortal. He could not fly despite aging to an ancient. He was a slack-wit of such standing none has ever been born like him since. Cunning tho is not intelligence and what he lacked in one regard he was abundantly blessed in the other. He could neither read nor write but had a memory far superior to any but Zadora. He could not initiate any mental contact but could however respond to one sent to him.

Three abilities were noted by the 1st High Elder Council

Firstly, he could siphon off the power of hoard magic rendering those objects powerless and only mere treasure as such the bipeds seek. He could use this power to strengthen himself and expand his life.

Secondly, he could change the emotions and memories of others around him singularly or as a group. Others read the Laws to him and he rewrote them, as he dictated with the memory of this sacrilege removed by him from their minds.

Lastly, if he was close enough to another he could siphon off their very life force.

As he grew older, these illicit abilities grew in distance and type of contact. Why he was not killed by the first of your kind, I do not know. However, Brutus owes his present existence to their lack of due diligence. In fact, they not only let him live but fed him hoard to enhance his survival, but also Left this abomination with the 2nd High Elder council who had already been adversely affected. The succeeding High Councils knew nothing of Brutus and his nefarious machinations.

I believe I know Brutus' plans and what he hoped to attain, as well as why he was not eliminated long ago. But those ideas are suppositions and not facts. Only facts may be spoken in this holy arena of the ancient Laws. One need only look below at Brutus and the chained ones. See how they grow weaker? See how little they speak? At least you now know why, as to the facts of their diminished and lessening strength which is obvious to all.”

A low level of grumbling was beginning as Draconic rage was mounting in the huge balconies. Laughing, Lilith suddenly dropped down in front of Brutus taunting him, “Your adherents and sycophants want to hear your side to this torrid little affair of so many centuries. A conspiracy that only the Draconic race would allow to go for so long. Speak up mighty Brutus as you know you can. According to the so called great laws, you can speak at any time in your defense.”

Brutus, however, remained silent while the other chained dragons slowly fell to the stone floor no longer able to stand. Their whispers continued to echo through the ancient chamber, although weakening, still urging him to speak on their behalf, as the sacrifice of his life, would save their own.

Last edited by Skirnir Ouija Glada; August 31st, 2018 at 08:54 PM.
    Skirnir

Battles Part 12

Dralk

Lilith continues, “I am grateful for the Naka oh mighty Draconis. For by their most ancient laws, to say nothing is to say yes in their courts of law. So the learned and most honorable Brutus has agreed to all the charges leveled against him, according to their laws. But this is Dralk, not some capital of a lesser inferior race. With this being the case I shall bring forth the proof that all of ye so breathlessly await. Alas there will be those who will not see it, as they are already dead. Two of the chained ones lay dead now on the floor. Four ancients of the two high councils are still alive---barely. Brutus has been sucking their lives away even as I speak saving up this power no doubt to try to escape.”

“You LIE Abomination!!!” shouted one adult behind the horde of dragons near the top of the grand hall.

“Come down then little hatchling and make your case before the crystals of the 1st Dragon. I shiver with the need of hearing the intellect of your oration before your seniors and elders. You are a Dragon, member of a superior race.” Coughing into her hand insultingly she continued, “There is no doubt that Grand Draconis are far greater thinkers, more thorough with minutiae and more astute than the puny bipeds. In fact let any here come forth with this outstanding warrior or scholar and dispute me in front of the crystals of the 1st Dragon.”

Looking at the dead dragons, Lilith enshrouded in all her great power and the three great crystals, none came forward.

“I see that many of ye grow weary with all the exercise of those still hovering. My mother anticipated this long ago and decided to assist you with the knowledge of the puny biped Gnomes. You fly through the air with your great strength, the power of your hoards and love or fierceness of your hearts. The tiny Gnomes have not these things, being as you say, lesser creatures of a lesser race. My mother, tho to survive, had to learn all the that bipeds knew. Being a Dragon she could do what they could not. She constructed crystals that for a period of time defied the magic of a great power in the world that the Gnomes call gravity. In fact she made one for each of you that you might be at ease for her case set forth to this great assembly of seven thousand.”

With a snap of her huge wings Lilith instantly rose up to the apex of the center in the air of the grand hall. Pirouetting in place, she flung the contents of a large sack from her scale pack. Tiny shards began circling her in a wider and wider arc. Lightning emanated from the shards to each other. In an expanding sphere the grand hall was covered in light. Suddenly the dragons floated weightlessly drifting hither and thither while bumping into each other, the walls and balconies.

Only Lilith in the spacial center seemed to be unaffected.

With a malicious smile full of sharp white teeth Lilith gleefully spoke, “Alas I really don't have time to chat as I would like. I have far more important affairs I must attend to. So as the Humans say, ' Now is the time! Now is the moment! Destiny is at hand!' ” Tapping on her chin in reflection she added, “I must say that other great biped philosophers do point out that to create chaos one need only stir the chamber pot with the Truth and the stench will fill the the town!! Since my mother is not here, of course, she left something quite personal to speak for her that all may know intimately what occurred with her, the traitor Brutus and those who followed him.”

Without further ado she took two earthen jugs from her scale pack and began chanting. Her eyes turned into liquid dripping blue flames. Lilith grew much larger in height and mass as she continued to hover. Power dripped like sweat. White blue fire expanded around her exploding with a shockwave resounding and echoing in the great open area. The air seemed to thicken with its currents showing up while arcing around herself and the Dragons in the Great Hall. Popping the corks off the jugs she poured them into the air before her. The smell of blood filled the air of the grand hall. Dragons by the score roared at her to stop, recognizing a great ritual of blood magic, but ignorant of its power.

The fluid intermixed and began to take the shape of a multifaceted growing sphere. The crystal with its surface flowing in hues of red swirling glowing light, rotated in place. Weaving her hands around it painting glyphs of power about the object she thrust in her hands. Screaming in pain and diminishing in size she shrieked in the Ancient forgotten tongue of the Naka howling, “Et evigilare faciatis loquimur matrem!!” as she jerked out her hands weakened.

The faceted flowing red crystal in a blink hardened with seven thousand barbs appearing on its surface while slowly turning end over end rotating in place. Without warning the barbs exploded outward seeking their individual terminus in each unique dragon.

In the silence that followed she hovered down to Brutus held in the thrall as were all others from the massive blood link of Zadora's and his own memories.

Lilith smiled grimly facing him,“Feed on me Brutus. I know that no water nor sustenance has passed your tongue in over two aeons. Consider this gift you last meal before your destiny is fulfilled with the weighing of your deeds in the grand scales of the 1st Dragon's crystals of Truth, Judgement and Punishment.”

Brutus sucked her life force till he glowed, as she spread her arms out before him. Snapping her fingers she released him from her spell. Lilith laughed saying, “You are free of my spell and full of power now Brutus, the great Traitor to all Dragon kin. You need only fly away. Oh my, as she slapped her forehead, “You cannot fly can you? since you have no love, no heart and no magic.”

Brutus full of a power he could not use howled in frustration as he rotated slowly, ending up facing the stone flooring of the podium below him.

No longer able to maintain her hovering, Lilith returned to her Fiendish form. Covered in flowing silken gowns she walked with an elegant grace across the floor to the two High Elders who were slowly regaining their footing with their limbs shaking in weakness. Glancing around she could see that the life siphoning of Brutus had killed the members of both Elder High Councils as well as all the chained dragons. Above her in the air the enthralled dragons were twitching in silent anguish. All of Draconis in the grand hall relived in moments, the centuries of Butus's machinations, along with Zadora's pain, fear, horror and rage--always running always alone.

With great solemnity Lilith returned each mantle of power to each High Elder. The two great Guardians were once again established per the wish of Istaria. Lilith spoke quietly without rancor, “I am done. I am finished. I am finally free. The tenets of my Mothers Geas have been met fully. In the first collar of the Great Sapling I have placed all the scrolls my mother had duplicated of the Laws and original histories to replace what Brutus destroyed or rewrote. Similarly, I have resolved all of the tampering in the great libraries of Chiconis and Dralk. I did not desire that proof of any of these transgressions could be used in the present or future to lessen the glory of all Dragon kind. Now I must fulfill my promises herein this terrible place I told you and your people that . I would give all a single warning, a single message and a single reminder.

Firstly, my mother's message to her dead mother's father has only in the last hours arrived there for the way is long and far. A great war now rages on the Plane of Fire. The 1st Dragon is cleaning his house of the 1st High Elder council. All that failed him here in Istaria will be no more.

Secondly, the 1st Dragon spoke to me when I was abruptly awoken and he said, 'I am coming and the wrath of my judgement shall come with me along with what remains of the High Elder Council. By the fire of my breath shall I straighten the way of my errant children.'

Thirdly, already the Naka die in droves on the land and in the air collecting the glory that should have been obtained by Dragons. What shall 1st Dragon say when he sees how high the Naka have risen and how low his own children have fallen? When he sees only that the House of Zadora, forbidden by the Great Laws in every way, holds the standards, swords and shields at the forefront to defend where his children should be, while his own children quibbled while held in thrall by a traitor?”

Finished she continued quietly, “Now my brothers take me to Knossos, only he can save me now lest the Great Balance be destroyed. There is no heir at this time to replace me. I give you my mantle for your needs, lest I be destroyed by its use.

My final gift to you both and all others is this: No longer shall Dragons and the House of Zadora be subjected to the whims of Gods and Goddesses through the Four Fates.” Smiling warmly at the Lunus High Elder she whispered, “ All four of those foul creatures are dead by my own talons. Let Destiny do her own work. The Dragon tapestries are destroyed and all are free of them now.

One of you must leave with the People to free them from the Doom that has come for all and go where you must that the wrath of the 1st Dragon may be assuaged. The other must bear witness to the Doom in this place that the crystals and my mother will have wrought.” Lilith then collapsed in the great taloned paws of Sirius, the High Elder of Chiconis.

Sirius spoke adamantly, “I will leave quickly after all is witnessed herein.”

Aldebaran replied, “Agreed. As much as I wish to see the demise of these traitors, I will take our strength for the moment to the air above the Western Deadlands.

“Yes,” said Sirius, “Only one gifted dragon is there to assist the fleet and he has died a dozen times while the bipeds defending are ravaged over and over.”

Flexing his talons the High Lunus Elder retorted, “We shall not be found wanting by our great founder. Calling out his orders the entry and exits opened and the ice vanished, as if it was never there. He chuckled to himself, “ She had fooled them all with an illusion of ice given substance by ignorance and fear.” Laughing he launched out the entry way followed by a third of all Dragon kind.

Sirius slowly gained height in the huge cavernous area to the very top. With his sister guardian slowly dieing he watched the drama below. The stone floor turned to a viscous liquid. Two gigantic jaws came up through the floor snapping at the drifting dragons. The crystals flared protecting the innocent as the great Dark Lord of Stone Dragons howled in anger at being deprived of his snacks.

Brutus seeing the huge gaping throat of the stone dragon below him and engulfing him, squealed wailing for mercy, as he glowed with all his stolen life force but none answered him. Opening his mouth a second time the Dark Lord screamed in pain as he began to melt and freeze equally from the cursed arrows. Two thousand Draconic curses came to pass in the belly of the Great Dark Stone Dragon Lord. In the mouth of the great beast Brutus scrambled up to the teeth raging in verbose hate only to find there was no room left betwixt them through which to exit. Turning his head to look between the teeth up to the High Helian Elder, Brutus reached out a glowing taloned paw between the teeth to Sirius in silent supplication. Brutus remembered what Lilith had told him, “ Consider this gift your last meal before your destiny is fulfilled........” With the glut of power he had absorbed he would stay alive for a hundred millennia. Brutus screamed the howl of the damned. His Destiny had been obtained.

Sirius slowly flew out carrying his precious cargo in his paws. Turning in the air he spoke a single word. The entry and exits were sealed. The voice of Brutus was cut off in finality. The great crystals of Truth, Judgement and Punishment would deliver the innocent to their proper places. The world was changed. The plight of Zadora would be forever remembered by Dragons. The constant hurricane winds howled through Dralk destroying much that had been built there as Istaria continued sleeping in travail.

Calling to Knossos mentally, Sirius recalled to Himeji.

Last edited by Skirnir Ouija Glada; September 8th, 2018 at 09:55 PM.
    Skirnir

Thread Information