Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horizons Chat Log Reader

Default Re: Horizons Chat Log Reader

am I the only one this program won't work for?

I've downloaded it at least twice, on two different computers - it won't run on either one. I've also downloaded the uhh other files Gil said to download if it wouldnt run *mind blanked*

Still doesnt work.

Am I the only one? I'm thinkign I am :)

no, friend, you are not alone. My situation is just as yours.

I have sent mail to the writer, but have recieved no reply.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

Sorry about the problems getting the program running. From Yuusuke's e-mail it looks like the issue might just be a missing Comdlg32.ocx file. That really should be included with the VB runtime files, but it looks like Microsoft is being stupid about it and not including it for some reason (I'm not sure why since it contains the common dialog boxes...which one would think would be...common). I'm currently at work so I can't easily upload the file to my server, but a quick google search reveals at least one site that seems okay to download it from, and it includes directions for installing it:

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=COMDLG32.OCX

I'll try to actual update the information on my site to make it easier to do when I get home, although that might mean actually making an installer for the application. *sigh*
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Your assistance was both timely and most helpful.

<bows>

The chat log parser functions perfectly after following your instructions. My thanks!
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

I would like to put the light again on this handy tool to read your chat logs much easier.
    You had some quality RP and you would like to save it somewhere, but don’t want to dig the discussion lines one by one among your gathering spam? This is the right tool for you.

The link a first post is still working, so you can get the program easily. The Visual Basic 6.0 (service pack 6) runtime files, available at the download page, are still needed.

One common issue with this program is the often missing comdlg32.ocx file.

Here is how to fix it.

First, download the file here and extract it.

If you use a 32-bit version of Windows:
    - Copy Comdlg32.ocx in C:\Windows\System32 folder
    - Open a Command Prompt windows as Adminstrator (right click on the shortcut => Run as administrator), type the following command in the window:

REGSVR32 C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.ocx

- If you see a message like this you have successfully install it:
    DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\System32\comdlg32.ocx succeeded.

If you use a 64-bit version of Windows:
    - Copy Comdlg32.ocx in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder
    - Open a Command Prompt windows as Adminstrator (right click on the shortcut => Run as administrator), type the following command in the window:

REGSVR32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx

- If you see a message like this you have successfully install it:
    DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx succeeded.

(sorry, my operating system is not in english )

Now, you can enjoy your tool:

However, this program is old and sometimes a bit moody: you can have some crashes.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information