View Poll Results: What color scheme do you prefer for new trophy colors (Tier 1 - 6)

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

16 38.10%
  • B

26 61.90%

Thread: Final Vote for Trophy/Junk Loot Colors

Hybrid View

Default Final Vote for Trophy/Junk Loot Colors

There was an initial vote done through Discord to decide on new colors to help sorting trophies in inventory.

We know not everyone uses Discord, so wanted to also give opportunity to those who don't, have a chance to weigh in their vote.

The top row in this image shows how trophies are currently colored, by tier (Tier 1 to Tier 6)

A and B is the top 2 choices for new colors. Please choose your favorite choice on new colors for trophies/junk loot.

Some background on the reasoning of "B" that was discussed on Discord. Most MMO's follow a traditional color scheme of Common to Rare. White, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple. B represents that scheme. While "A" was more brilliant colors to make sorting easier.

Either way, currently the top 4 tiers are easily confused.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 12th, 2017 at 11:56 PM.

Default Re: Final Vote for Trophy/Junk Loot Colors

Where's the vote to leave it as-is?

none of the choices are any better.

Use the wisp color tiering for junk loot.

Keep the trophies following the color scheme of stone.

Skip this nonsense.

In one of the original votes in the discord, it was clear that it was a choice between one of the options (option B here) and the original as a competitor against option A... the original was losing bad. So rather than waste a vote, many of us voted for the option B here.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

The initial vote to keep current scheme was 22. The original vote against it was 69 . 3:1 was against the current color scheme.

I don't think adding 'keep the current scheme', in the final vote (and dillute results furthur is needed). Current color scheme already lost by about 31%
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 13th, 2017 at 07:28 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

not sure I even see a need for a change (shrug). I don't see anything exciting about the new choices. just new colors, doesn't change anything else. I am already used to the original. Null vote

If you want to vote for something of any significance, have a vote for removing the cap on how may times you can use trophies before the value is lowered. let it remain the same value at all times
    Last edited by Malicore; December 13th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

What I liked about old trophies is that they were colored by tier according to metal resources, thus it was easily recognizable:

-T1: Bronze
    -T2: Iron
    -T3: Gold
    -T4: Platinum
    -T5: Mithril
    -T6: Adamantium

Now, if a change has to be done, I would mostly agree with the "B" idea. The color scheme I've mostly seen in MMORPGs is:

-Common: white
    -Uncommon: green
    -Rare: blue
    -Epic: purple
    -Legendary: orange
    -Mythic: red
    (-Divine: yellow)

If this had to be used, it would look like:

Option 1.1: T1-T6 = white to red
    Option 1.2: replace red with yellow

Option 2: T1-T6 = green to yellow
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

I prefer B, but my main concern is with people who are color blind, as there is no color blind option in the client at the moment. I have no idea which option would be preferable to them.

I voted for A just because there seems to be a better contrast between the colors, and at my age, any contrast at all can help :)

But, what would be wrong with keeping the current colors and just putting a "1", "2", etc. on them instead of the "T"?

My biggest problem with the colors we have now are that on some monitors, some of the tiers' colors blend together for me. Having the number visible on the face of the token would help immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wealtheow View Post
    I prefer B, but my main concern is with people who are color blind, as there is no color blind option in the client at the moment. I have no idea which option would be preferable to them.
    Blue blindness:

Green blindness:

Red blindness:

I don't care what colour they are, I just want them to drop more and less junk.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

I did not vote because I like it as it is. I agree with increasing the drop rates. Drop rates should be improved period. I had a quest to kill 20 adamantium golems. After the 20 count, I totaled the drops I got: 2 shivers and 2 trophies. What a waste of time. Slimey on Order

I like A because there's a lot of difference, but the way they are now is fine with me. The drop rate is not good for many of those and what is most perplexing is that some tiers have universally awful drop rates while other tiers are much better.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thread Information