Thread: Instant Complete Heals for Monsters

Default Instant Complete Heals for Monsters

Yesterday I went to fight the giant crab Carcinus on the island of Talinis. Every time I got the crabs hit points down to 7k it healed to maximum of 13k. I did this for 40 minutes real time. It always healed back to maximum. I wrote a support ticket on this and was told to stay in the crabs area. I fought the crab this morning in the middle of its area. Every time the crab got to 7k it healed to maximum. How do you ever defeat something that heals to maximum whenever it gets to 1/2 its hit points? I have tried this 3 times with same result every time. I do not have any spell or weapon that can do enough damage to beat this. What is going on? I then decided to fight something else. I went to the Cooks area in Eastern Deadlands to fight Prison Guards. I selected a Prison Guard in area and started to attack. The Guard had only 2220 hit points. I hit it down to 1k hit points anf it instant healed to maximum. I fought this same Guard for 20 minutes with the same result. When the guard got to or below 1/2 hit points it went back to maximum hit points. What is going on? How do you play this game with the monsters fully healing all the time? Thanks. Fatuous on Order

Default Re: Instant Complete Heals for Monsters

I have seen this with the shadow wisps in the Doom also. There is nothing I can do to combat that. I tried stunning them, etc.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Carcinus and other crabs on the island have no innate healing abilities so my guess would be that you are inadvertently stepping onto world objects that are causing the monster to think you are perching and it auto-heals.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Lov could not get it down standing inside crab- no matter from which place . its healing up to 100 per cent all the time.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I did the fight again in front of witnesses. I was in center of structure. I did not leave the area. The crab healed 3 times to full amount. Video was taken of fight. He would heal 10k whenever his health dropped to about 5k to 7k. No way to beat something that heals full all the time. This is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Carcinus and other crabs on the island have no innate healing abilities so my guess would be that you are inadvertently stepping onto world objects that are causing the monster to think you are perching and it auto-heals.
    I Had also healing problems with the sand crabs though of island that they were healing them self full. this was how done not once in full but in ten smaller steps quickly after one other. These I could now and then defeat especially when I was hitting them quickly enough with enough damage. they started healing normally on there last 1-400 hitpoints.

Is auto heal is happening they should be out of combat. slimy did it still attack you while it was healing

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...-out-of-combat

SO sand crabs do have this problem

what I would suggest for killing them try to get as much damage in in as short time.

Does it also happens when he was using there "harden shell"

Oldin on order
    Last edited by gkoster; January 30th, 2018 at 09:01 AM. Reason: out of combat question

Yes it does happen when the crab uses harden shell. Also it attacks me while healing. I had 3 people try to kill the Carcinus and none could beat its healing ability. Slimey/Fautous on Order

I tried killing it with pulling it out of its temple-which was difficult enough cause it won`t followe me^^

Then attacked with bolts which prevented heals for a longer time than it does with melee attacs or spells (those dmg get healed within a sec).
    Got him nearly down. then healed up to full again.

Got him down at 25805/ 18656 without any heals or probs.
    Will test at other cords later

It also works if you stunn snarl tailwhip him- and use other mighty things dragon vets have.. but this makes no sense on a mob like him right?
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; January 31st, 2018 at 12:04 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thank you for the feedback. We're investigating it. Its acting as if it isn't in its home region. Its not a data issue that was the result of any change in a delta so we're digging into what is happening. Thank you all.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

This mornings restart of Order did not fix Carcinus. After Oder came back on-line, I went and fought Carcinus in middle of his structure. I never moved. He started at 13.5k hit points after getting him down to 10k he fully healed. I keep fighting using the new and improved dragon spells and some melee. I got him down to 6k before he fully healed again. Even after healing, it takes about 1k damage before he takes any more damage. Tried 3 times. All the same. Fatuous on Order

The devs are aware that the fix released on Tuesday still hasn't resolved this issue. While we don't have a fix, the fact that the "fix" didn't work helped them recognize that the source of the problem is somewhere else. The devs are working hard to get this fixed - it's a top priority. We're sorry for the trouble.

I'm not sure if it help. But we noticed that the healing did start with a cast of "harden shell" may that can give other venues to look ad.

Carcinus is still a healing freak. I was told it was fixed. It is not. He heals more and faster now. I fought him for 25 minutes today and he had 13650 hit points when I left and I had hit him for over 10000 hit points. This is not fun in the least.

Thread Information