Thread: Low FPS

Default Low FPS

Hi all

I have a problem with low fps in Istaria.

I run around 30fps, and in Bristugo lower than 20.

My setup is

I7 4790k
    32gb ddr 3 ram
    geforce gtx 1080ti
    and 512gb samsung ssd

I tried to delete ClientPrefs_Graphic and ClientPrefs_Common with no luck.

If i lower the viewdistance to 50% i get like 35fps.

All i run in max, but when i lower it i wont get much more fps.

I used to have ALOT more fps.

If i run Istaria on my second screen thats are connected with the displayoutput on the motherboard HD4600 graphic i get arround 80fps

Can anyone help me with why i am getting so low fps with my build? Should have alot more

Best Regards
    Last edited by Abbie; February 26th, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Default Re: Low FPS

check to see if you have anything running in the background that'll use your video card like movie, mining ect
    Nodaken

I dont have anything running in the background

When i am running ark survival i am getting over 100fps in epic

If i run istaria with the graphic from my cpy (hd4600) i get alot more fps, 80fps or more

Its wierd

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I dont have anything running in the background

When i am running ark survival i am getting over 100fps in epic

If i run istaria with the graphic from my cpy (hd4600) i get alot more fps, 80fps or more

Its wierd
    Istaria cannot take advantage of most current high-end GPU/CPU potential, where as most current games can. An example is that current istaria only works with 1 core of your CPU, so you could have a beastly quadcore or better, if its single core power isn't good it won't be any good for istaria.

GPU wise there propably is a ton of things limiting it as well, I know that it hates NVIDIA cards for example, refusing to render or rendering a bunch of things wrong.

One thing to up your FPS a lot though is changing up shadows to either not be there at all, or blob shadows only.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Istaria cannot take advantage of most current high-end GPU/CPU potential, where as most current games can. An example is that current istaria only works with 1 core of your CPU, so you could have a beastly quadcore or better, if its single core power isn't good it won't be any good for istaria.

GPU wise there propably is a ton of things limiting it as well, I know that it hates NVIDIA cards for example, refusing to render or rendering a bunch of things wrong.

One thing to up your FPS a lot though is changing up shadows to either not be there at all, or blob shadows only.
    I dont have shadows on. But for now i will play on my 22inch screen thats are connected up with my cpu graphic

Abbie you should get great FPS in istaria and it should run smooth with that video card. I have a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB DirectX 12 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD PCI Express 3.0 x16/6144 GDDR5/192-Bit and I get great FPS and the game has not dropped below 50 fps with mt 'create item widow' open. With the older system and the AMD card most times I would be down to 8-10 with create item window open and choppy. Running through Harro I would get 15-20 FPS and now I can do it smooth with 80-100 FPS. so smooth now.

I found this link by Ractor. maybe take a look and see if some of it may help you.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...Looks-(nVidia)

Can't seem to link a screenshot

Last edited by TheRock; March 14th, 2018 at 12:59 PM. Reason: screenshot pic didn't insert

I have the same crappy FPS Abbie, but on a 1070 GTX rather than a 1080. I should be blowing this 15yr old game out of the water, but I am just not and it is depressing. I have had to turn off ground clutter, have only blob shadows lower the view distance etc. just to get 50 in open spaces and as low as 8-15 in really buiding heavy areas or GodForbid Harro

I can maybe bring something in to it maybe it isn't graphics card primarily.

I know when i start crafting with all the recipes i have. On Oldin (biped crafter, lotsss of recipes), I get very low FPS 1/s, however in the same situation if i craft the same thing with marble (dragon crafter (less recipes)) I get mostly normal FPS. I would say that this difference doesn’t have anything to do with the graphics primarily but with the more with the CPU and memory management. Nevertheless, it comes out as FPS.

Also working a double login (on two screens) on high viewing distance or a single log in low I normally notice no difference. But that is on a quad with 16G of memory

What is your memory and what is your CPU.

would a 4G patch help this program and if were would we need to apply it

see for the idee on the 4G patch https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

hmm I tried that patch thing on the Istaria.exe. The file stayed exactly the same (I created several checksums of the files). So obviously it didn't do anything to the file.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

I have 2 systems, older less powerful system gets better fps then newer more powerful system. Settings ingame options the same...

1. older Intel I5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 8 GB ram, no vid card-Intel HD Graphics 4600, 24" screen 1920x1080 res. Bristugo FPS 35

2. Newer system Intel I5-6600K CPU @3.50GHz 16 GB ram, Nvidea 1070 vid card, 32" screen 1920x1080 res. In Bristugo FPS 18
    Last edited by Smaug; October 20th, 2019 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    hmm I tried that patch thing on the Istaria.exe. The file stayed exactly the same (I created several checksums of the files). So obviously it didn't do anything to the file.
    no it would do any thing like that it set just one parameter different in the setting for the program (memmory limitation)

but by changing that setting you can use 4G and not 2G for the program.

I'm only not sure on what it has to be applied, normally it would be on istaria.exe. but it could be java or something like that in this case

Quote Originally Posted by Gaderath View Post
    I have the same crappy FPS Abbie, but on a 1070 GTX rather than a 1080. I should be blowing this 15yr old game out of the water, but I am just not and it is depressing. I have had to turn off ground clutter, have only blob shadows lower the view distance etc. just to get 50 in open spaces and as low as 8-15 in really buiding heavy areas or GodForbid Harro
    I used to have GOOD FPS back in time, when i had a geforce 5200, haha,
    But when i use my graphiccard on the motherboard i get good fps.
    Seems like its not optimized at all for newer GPU's

ABbie

From what I've learned listening to our technical developers, Istaria barely knows - if at all - how to run off of a GPU and isn't that great with modern hardware. Generally, the better your CPU is the better Istaria will run. There's also some sweet spots in old hardware that Istaria knows how to use and runs better with.

You have an extremely similar build to me, Abbie. My CPU is identical and I ran off a 512gb SSD before it fried (now on a different brand 1tb SSD) and a GTX 1080. I have 16gb DDR4 ram, though. I'm not sure what is causing the difference in our FPS there, but if it helps, I run the game on max settings with blob shadows and midrange ground clutter.

Any area with lots of buildings will harm your fps, though, no matter your specs.

Thread Information