Thread: Low FPS

Default Low FPS

Hi all

I have a problem with low fps in Istaria.

I run around 30fps, and in Bristugo lower than 20.

My setup is

I7 4790k
    32gb ddr 3 ram
    geforce gtx 1080ti
    and 512gb samsung ssd

I tried to delete ClientPrefs_Graphic and ClientPrefs_Common with no luck.

If i lower the viewdistance to 50% i get like 35fps.

All i run in max, but when i lower it i wont get much more fps.

I used to have ALOT more fps.

If i run Istaria on my second screen thats are connected with the displayoutput on the motherboard HD4600 graphic i get arround 80fps

Can anyone help me with why i am getting so low fps with my build? Should have alot more

Best Regards
    Last edited by Abbie; February 26th, 2018 at 07:47 PM.

Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior
    Rougee: 100 Shaman, 100 Cleric, 100 Guardian
    Warrior of the Blight Shard

Default Re: Low FPS

check to see if you have anything running in the background that'll use your video card like movie, mining ect
    Nodaken

I dont have anything running in the background

When i am running ark survival i am getting over 100fps in epic

If i run istaria with the graphic from my cpy (hd4600) i get alot more fps, 80fps or more

Its wierd

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I dont have anything running in the background

When i am running ark survival i am getting over 100fps in epic

If i run istaria with the graphic from my cpy (hd4600) i get alot more fps, 80fps or more

Its wierd
    Istaria cannot take advantage of most current high-end GPU/CPU potential, where as most current games can. An example is that current istaria only works with 1 core of your CPU, so you could have a beastly quadcore or better, if its single core power isn't good it won't be any good for istaria.

GPU wise there propably is a ton of things limiting it as well, I know that it hates NVIDIA cards for example, refusing to render or rendering a bunch of things wrong.

One thing to up your FPS a lot though is changing up shadows to either not be there at all, or blob shadows only.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Istaria cannot take advantage of most current high-end GPU/CPU potential, where as most current games can. An example is that current istaria only works with 1 core of your CPU, so you could have a beastly quadcore or better, if its single core power isn't good it won't be any good for istaria.

GPU wise there propably is a ton of things limiting it as well, I know that it hates NVIDIA cards for example, refusing to render or rendering a bunch of things wrong.

One thing to up your FPS a lot though is changing up shadows to either not be there at all, or blob shadows only.
    I dont have shadows on. But for now i will play on my 22inch screen thats are connected up with my cpu graphic

Abbie you should get great FPS in istaria and it should run smooth with that video card. I have a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB DirectX 12 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD PCI Express 3.0 x16/6144 GDDR5/192-Bit and I get great FPS and the game has not dropped below 50 fps with mt 'create item widow' open. With the older system and the AMD card most times I would be down to 8-10 with create item window open and choppy. Running through Harro I would get 15-20 FPS and now I can do it smooth with 80-100 FPS. so smooth now.

I found this link by Ractor. maybe take a look and see if some of it may help you.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...Looks-(nVidia)

Can't seem to link a screenshot

Last edited by TheRock; March 14th, 2018 at 12:59 PM. Reason: screenshot pic didn't insert

Thread Information