Thread: Make it possible for adventurer dragons to generate hoard like crafter dragons

Default Make it possible for adventurer dragons to generate hoard like crafter dragons

Title says it all. Since the drop rate on pre-merge hoardables (coffer, urns, crowns, scepters) is almost non-existent (I've found just one 5k coffer since merge even though I gained 17 million adventurer exp), it is effectively impossible for adventurer only dragons to generate hoard in large quantities. I estimate that a level 100 adventurer only dragon can generate hoard at only about 1/20 the rate of a level 100 dragoncrafter.

Trophy tokens typically give less than 1k hoard value each. Its not possible to generate a large hoard using them. Adventurer dragons can't even buy hoard anymore (even if they had money since most mobs now drop none). Since the good hoardable items aren't dropping for anyone, nobody is selling them on the connies. If a dragon wants to generate a large hoard, that dragon has just one option - crafting.

Adventurer only dragons should be able to generate hoard more efficiently than now. Some suggestions:
    1. Give dragons a certain amount of hoard points per kill.
    2. Increase the drop rate on coffers, urns, crowns and scepters so that they actually drop.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Default Re: Make it possible for adventurer dragons to generate hoard like crafter dragons

I dont think we should get hoard per kill, would make our hoard abilities a bit too powerful then.

I fully support increased hoard drops though, even in their prime hoard drops were far too rare.

Treasure Hunt type Quests would be another entertaining way of gaining hoard, much more than grinding out mithril wares.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Default Re: Make it possible for adventurer dragons to generate hoard like crafter dragons

Here is an idea, why can't they add it so that you can add your exp to your hoard at like 20pts for 1hp or something similar.

Also make it so that you can't spend less than the lvl your at so you can't/won't/don't lose a lvl, but you can only spend adventure exp.

Because expereince isnt the same as hoard. It means a level 100 dragon can just slay lots of monsters and put all of that experience into hoard. It completely goes against what collecting hoard means.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

I agree since the merge I have looted so few hoard drops (other than trophies) its not funny.

Only 3 royal ceptres, a few ornimental swords and my scepter of ruling (dimensional one)

Probably only about 200k of hoard pretty pathetic considering in that time I have completed training in 5 classes.

The only mobs I have seen where I have got more than one hoard item in the same group was the level 120 fyakki. But I fear a dragon would burn more hoard than they would earn fighting these beasts.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

The old ED set-up was awesome. The reanimated had about a 10% chance to drop 2 platinum hoard items. Not sure if it was 10%, but it was pretty high. And the Deathly Ogres (ohh, how I miss them) had about the same chance to drop a platinum bell.

You used to be able to hunt here, and gain about 20 platinum hoard items in 2 or 3 hours, depending on your efficiency at killing them and numbers of your group.

I don't know what went wrong here, and everywhere else for that matter. But hoard items should have a much higher chance to drop. Perhaps a 10 times more chance (unless it's at 0%, which wouldn't surprise me) at getting hoard drops.

Off Topic: For you dragons that can mine Mithril and willing to dig upsome ore for hoard, /t me in game and we'll discuss a deal. Can't mine Mithril? 1c/2HV I charge. (On order shard)
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

ok. perhaps getting hoard for every kill isn't a good idea.

But the drop rate on old-style hoard loot should be increased significantly. At least one piece should drop every 30 or 40 kills ... not once every 10k kills.

Oh and boss mobs should have a chance to drop multiple pieces like they used to.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

i got a brass bell offa maggot with one of my mules lol i can give it to ya next time i see you on lol
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Dranar

So far I've found that agents of the Withered Aegis seem to drop hoard...

In an hour of hunting crushing ogres, managed to gain two gold scepters and three gold coffers.

In the Dead pool, in an hour probably gained close to ten to fifteen gold hoardables.

Of course, I didn't hunt hoardables ever before pre-merger so I don't know the ratio, but it seems like undead creatures or things in blighted areas at least seem to have a chance for dropping hoardables that isn't too bad a ratio.

~Allon / Dranar

Being lowlvl and all, it seems to me that undead drop once in a while.. found a few brass bells and a few silvered bells so far + some other hoard drops..

Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Thread Information