Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

  1. #1

    Default Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Yes, I am asking that Bipeds be allowed to use Wyvern ally's that currently only allow Dragon Usage. Now a Dragon is not limited to just the wyvern ally class. They have full access to all ally pets. So Why are there requirements for Dragon only ally pets? Please remove this block, and allow Bipeds to choose the ally that they want. Even if there are those that do not want the wyverns, there are some that do. Since Dragons have no limit on which pet they can choose, a Biped should not either.

    Otherwise, you need to find a way to stop Dragon's from using biped only pets. You can decide which way is easiest. I know... some are going to argue about this post.. but it matters not, as it is only about not playing favorites here. This post is for the dev's to read and debate on. I will not comment on any other posts by players who wish to argue this issue.

    Personally, I like the healing wyvern, but I would also like to be able to collect all the ally's at some point and have them usable. I think would be nice to have a dragon pet to follow me around. They look nice, and they do provide nice enhancements. So I do not see any reason why they can not be usable by all

  2. #2

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    A biped should not be pulling around a dragon as a "pet". so a big hell no from me. None of the biped pets are one of the living races...

    If you want the stats and effects in a pet that isn't a dragon, I think that is fine. Otherwise, no.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A biped should not be pulling around a dragon as a "pet". so a big hell no from me. None of the biped pets are one of the living races...

    If you want the stats and effects in a pet that isn't a dragon, I think that is fine. Otherwise, no.
    Not to bring in a technicallity, but the wyvern allies are not dragons. The lore isn't in officially, but wyverns (once they get their new model in it will be a lot more clear) are not intelligent in the same way as dragons are, the best way to describe them in terms of intelligence and behaviour is hyper-agressive dolphins.

    That being said, the main reason the wyvern allies are dragon only is simply because it would be weird to give a gnome the ability to have dragon breaths.
    The schedule might be tight, but there is always time.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    Not to bring in a technicallity, but the wyvern allies are not dragons. The lore isn't in officially, but wyverns (once they get their new model in it will be a lot more clear) are not intelligent in the same way as dragons are, the best way to describe them in terms of intelligence and behaviour is hyper-agressive dolphins.

    That being said, the main reason the wyvern allies are dragon only is simply because it would be weird to give a gnome the ability to have dragon breaths.

    • Wyverns are often depicted as having the tail of a viper-a venomous snake-and that fact is reflected in the etymology of wyvern: it comes ultimately from the Latin word vipera, which means "viper." ("Vipera" is also, of course, the source of our word viper.) The creature the wyvern most closely resembles, however, is the also-mythical dragon. "Dragon" is a much older word-it has been in use since the 13th century, while "wyvern" dates to the early 17th-but it too has snakes in its history. The word originally referred not to the lizard-like creature we imagine today but to a huge serpent.
    • That being said. I don't think it would be weird for any race to have a tamed wyvern. I know this isn't Game of Thrones type game.. but most lore dictates wizards and such controlled the beasts. (or even created them) It isn't wrong to let them think that they have captured and tamed a Wyvern for protection.


    It is not that of the gnome having the ability to cast a dragon breath, but that of his now tamed, or captive protector
    Last edited by Malicore; April 3rd, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    wy·vern
    ˈwīvərn/
    nounHERALDRY

    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

    • a winged two-legged dragon with a barbed tail.

      That being said. I don't think it would be weird for any race to have a tamed wyvern. I know this isn't Game of Thrones type game.. but most lore dictates wizards and such controlled the beasts. (or even created them) It isn't wrong to let them think that they have captured and tamed a Wyvern for protection.


    It is not that of the gnome having the ability to cast a dragon breath, but that of his now tamed, or captive protector
    Actually, no, the mechanic is that the wyvern's bestow the ability upon the dragons. If it was the wyverns themselves doing it it would be done in the way of a passive AoE that the player has no control over like the Surtheim Ally.
    The schedule might be tight, but there is always time.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    Actually, no, the mechanic is that the wyvern's bestow the ability upon the dragons. If it was the wyverns themselves doing it it would be done in the way of a passive AoE that the player has no control over like the Surtheim Ally.
    The mechanics allow the user to control when the wyvern is activated. not actually the user being the caster of the breath. more like feeding a dolphin and having him do a trick for it. Yes because of the mechanics it can be confusing. but you are using the wrong side of the mechanics for your own reasoning. It is no different than the other races being used in teh same fashion, since you could argue that a dwarf can't use magic but you give him a pet that bestows magic for him to attack an enemy.. now there is no difference. or the poison effect, the list goes on. Lets not use the mechanics side of the game as influence here.

    Otherwise you have to take into consideration the reverse and remove access to all other ally pets for dragons. I don't think they want that anymore than I do

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right behind you when you're not looking!
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    Actually, no, the mechanic is that the wyvern's bestow the ability upon the dragons. If it was the wyverns themselves doing it it would be done in the way of a passive AoE that the player has no control over like the Surtheim Ally.

    Surtheim ally also grants an ability, namely Magma Bomb to bipeds, although at a ridiculous cost of 5 t5 recharge cells.
    Meanwhile dragons got an easy 5k hoard :l
    And the recharge cells weigh so much, so if your inventory is plenty full due to armor and weapons and whatnot, you can barely carry say 40, so about 8 attacks with it...
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    I'm watching you hehe :3 ~Me
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Call them whatever you want, they are hatchlings.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Call them whatever you want, they are hatchlings.
    Hmm I don't hear you complaining that your own kind would be (by your own words) enslavers of your own kind. If they were hatchlings... well why would you own one and keep it on a leash as a pet? So Dragons can enslave their own, but a Biped couldn't.. Got it (wink) *wondering where the logic is here.*

    Free the Wyverns Please, Ty

  10. #10

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    My Hatchlings are "Guaran's Student" and "Guaran's Apprentice".

    The logic is a biped shouldn't have a Dragon breath ability.

    A biped shouldn't have a Dragon "pet".

    None of the pets are playable living races except the Hatchling pets.

    Dragons can enslave their own as you say... so by that logic, bipeds should be able to enslave their own kind. That logic says nothing about a biped enslaving a Dragon.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A biped shouldn't have a Dragon "pet".

    None of the pets are playable living races except the Hatchling pets.

    Dragons can enslave their own as you say... so by that logic, bipeds should be able to enslave their own kind. That logic says nothing about a biped enslaving a Dragon.
    Wyvern is neither hatchling, nor a living race. Therefore, none of the pets are living races. I don't see any animation that shows a dragon casting the breaths when using a pet. I only consider the ability to say when it gets used, like using a shock collar on a dog to silence or torment it into acting as you have tried to train it to do (captive pets) Wyverns are 2 legged, and more like serpents than dragons. One day soon they will fix the graphics. Either way, they should be usable by everyone.
    Last edited by Malicore; April 7th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA // Order
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    I for one see Malicor's point and must agree that all pets should be useable by all living races. Any gaps so opened can readily be closed RP wise.

    Knossos

  13. #13

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    A shock collar on a dog... just further emphasizes exactly why it would be unacceptable.

    Plague Breath, is a breath attack, which comes from Reklar. A biped using that? Yeah, no.

    If you want a hatching pet, play a Dragon.

    If you want to Fly, play a Dragon.

    If you want to breathe fire, play a Dragon.

    If you want to use Dark Cyclone, play a biped.

    If you want to cast Shining Blades, play a biped.

    If you want to use Ethereal Blade, play a biped.

    If you want to make adamantium keys, play a biped.

    There are plenty of established differences in the races.. a few pets thrown in the mix is nothing out of the ordinary, nor somehow "unfair".

    The dragon only pets are hatchlings... And their current appearance is just fine. Changing that now would only upset many players, myself included. And even if they did, still makes no sense for a biped to use a dragon breath from Reklar...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    The mechanics allow the user to control when the wyvern is activated. not actually the user being the caster of the breath. more like feeding a dolphin and having him do a trick for it. Yes because of the mechanics it can be confusing. but you are using the wrong side of the mechanics for your own reasoning.
    However, it IS the player who uses the breath in the actual gameplay, which is why it can't be given to bipeds - they have no dragon breath skill.

    The same can be said in reverse: why can't dragons use the biped allies?

    Same reason. The abilities that the allies give use skills that just aren't available to dragons. The wyvern allies all use dragon breath skill, the Than'kuk and Stone Skulk allies use the energy skill, the Thel'kuk ally uses the flame skill, the Ish'kuk ally uses the ice skill, the Agh'kuk and Forest Skulk allies use the nature skill, and the Blood Skulk ally uses the spirit skill.

    Dragon allies use dragon-specific skills, Biped allies use biped-specific skills. It's fair.
    Ordinis est mortuus
    Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

  15. #15

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Go to the outpost and look, you will see "Yes" under usable when you look from a dragon. All Biped pets.l. I have not the spare Plaque to test whether or not they actually perform, but according to the NPC, a dragon can buy and use any Ally

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Look at the actual abilities used. They're just as I listed for skill requirement.
    I'd think it's an issue with the filter being inaccurate rather than a dragon being able to use spirit/nature/flame/energy/ice.
    Ordinis est mortuus
    Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

  17. #17

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Look at the actual abilities used. They're just as I listed for skill requirement.
    I'd think it's an issue with the filter being inaccurate rather than a dragon being able to use spirit/nature/flame/energy/ice.
    Here's where it all falls apart. I took ally plaque to blight and bought 2 biped ally's with my Dragon. I equipped, and used the ally as any biped would. The ability given by the ally worked just fine for the dragon. Also, equipping the biped ally doesn't prevent a dragon from flying. one ally using poison arrow, other using an ice attack.

    I am still not seeing a valid reason to prevent Bipeds from using the wyvern. The rest is up to the devs

  18. #18

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Bumping back to the top. Still hoping for a dev reply. Maybe a possible release of all ally's to Bipeds

    Invalid points: biped would get an action equal to that of a dragon breath use.. (Previous posts: Dragons can use bow and caster actions)
    The ally's are hatchlings... (previous posts: they are wyverns. 2 legged ally)

    all countered in above posts. So please don't just keep reposting the same arguments. Please consider the release of all ally's to all races
    Last edited by Malicore; July 27th, 2018 at 06:38 AM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Sorry, Malicore, but at this point there are no plans to make the Wyvern combat pets available to bipeds. They were created specifically for Dragons.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

    Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

  20. #20

    Default Re: Remove Dragon only Requirements from Ally's

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A shock collar on a dog... just further emphasizes exactly why it would be unacceptable.

    Plague Breath, is a breath attack, which comes from Reklar. A biped using that? Yeah, no.

    Where u agree with you Guaran (even know i cant log in and when i can i cant find a party to kill the things needed so i can get my hachie pet ( No dont change anything devs ) ) There are some bipeds that can copy Reklar Plague Breath

    Kittys Eat day old fish and dont brush or rince there mouth out for 1 week ... that smell will Knock a dragon over !

    Bipeds in general eat stink cheese + garlic 2 day old rotten fish, taco-bell and not brush there teeth or use mouth wash for1 week ... ya that's Plague Breath to my nose anyway
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ally plaque
    By Dragon lover in forum Help (Question and Answer)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 20th, 2016, 02:41 PM
  2. Replies: 88
    Last Post: May 17th, 2015, 12:47 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 11th, 2014, 03:03 PM
  4. dragon hall requirements lowered????
    By Krakkanoth in forum General
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: September 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM
  5. Trandalar access - Remove requirements
    By Nalrach in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: July 7th, 2006, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •