Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Lets just take everything, Ranger

  1. #21

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    It all boils down to one thing, in my opinion, and that is this

    Any time a school starts to become the dominant one, it gets nerfed in some manner, using some made up excuse of how unbalanced it is. This has happened several times before, and will happen again if we made another school the dominant one. We can't allow any class that might come in competition with this games only claim to fame "the Almighty Dragon" But.... lets not discuss how overpowered that is. Instead, this week, lets pick on a ranger. My word, they can stun 3 mobs at one time for a whole 10 - 14 seconds (but lets not be realistic and say that the ranger died because the other 5 mobs he couldn't stun, killed him).. this is unacceptable. This class is unbalanced!!!

    This is called Propaganda (take the worst info you can find about anything, and blow it out of proportion, to make it sound as bad as you can, in order to gain the backing of anyone gullible enough to believe half truths) This has been, and is still being used world wide to control people in any circumstance where it is convenient and suitable to the person (persons) way of thinking.

    So far the only ones that are totally accept-ant of this change are the 3 dragons that have posted here (hmmm, coincidence?) These also being able to kill 20 mobs in that same 14 seconds that a ranger can stun 1 or 2 mobs for while maybe being able to kill 1 in the allotted time frame. (and back on cool-down / recycle timers for those same stuns and flurry they had to use in the process) You people are making it sound like rangers are overpowered, but not giving the full information. Using what little info you have, to convince others of things are completely false. But you are going to do what you want to do anyway.. When you have angered enough players to quit, maybe then you will begin to understand.

    The difference between myself and the people looking to shoot down other schools is: I have knowledge on both sides of the fence, as I equally play a biped and a dragon (3 dragons and 3 bipeds, to be precise) I play a ranger on my main biped (I have most schools in the game). Because we learned to combine multi-classing the right way and make our characters stronger, doesn't make them overpowered, it just makes us better players for being able to combine things in the way the game was designed to allow, and you want to punish us for this.. Amon, how many schools in Istaria have you played? Every time, every dominant school gets nerfed. This has been proven time and time again. I'm tired of hearing how each dominate school is suddenly "overpowered and needs to be nerfed"

    one example, I remember this too, Trust.

    Originally Posted by Trust
    Stop nerfing classes, abilities, and spells. Remember when people played as Reaver? I do. Pretty soon the only classes you will see are Healers and Dragons.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    I'm not going to get into an argument about each individual point, it doesn't accomplish much more than raise everyone's blood pressure. However, we do have time before the next update and we are reading and listening for ideas about how to improve things. Lightning Arrows was broken, but just because it wasn't fixed years ago doesn't mean it should never be fixed.

    How do we improve other things around it moving forward? How do we make it more useful and interesting beyond stun-locking mobs? That is what we're all wanting, what we're looking at.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

    Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

  3. #23

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    I agree that Rangers /should/ be more powerful, so that questing/leveling up is not a complete chore, but do remember that this is one class out of MANY. You should be encouraged to multi-class to gain benefits from other classes to help you in battle. However, I will have to pause my leveling for now, as it takes far too long to kill mobs even with stuns.

    Instead of focusing on nerfing stuns, make them not obligatory and more of a luxury, enabling the Ranger to take care of mobs WITHOUT needing to rely on stuns, but still using them if necessary. Allow them to have multiple stuns that last a short time, and perhaps give them an active that surpasses stun immunity (to compliment the short stuns) for a short time by doing a quest? I say by quest because, in PvE, you often get attacked by multiple rangers/druids/scouts and you cannot escape their chain stuns. You rarely get stun immunity and it's awful. Even if immunity procs, it is immediately gone by the time you move 1 foot. If they were able to get a skill like that, it would probably cause a lot of problems. I dunno. Just a thought.

    I'd like to hear what other long-time players of rangers think? My ranger is only around level 50, so I'm not too keen on how this would affect things. =)
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

  4. #24

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    "You rarely get stun immunity and it's awful. Even if immunity procs, it is immediately gone by the time you move 1 foot. "


    This is part of the issue with the current method for getting stun immunity and why stun-lock is still possible. It uses a trick with the timer system so that at the very last second it gives the immunity. If you keep getting hit by stuns it will negate this because it will never reach the end of the timer. Stuns should not be something that occur every single moment, chained or otherwise, they should be something used tactically in combat to interrupt or change the tide.

    The goal should be to make stuns used less frequently in order to allow for the addition and improvement of other abilities that can help make combat more fun and engaging.

    That aside, some things I have on my notes to look at for the next delta are:
    • Compare Bow and CBow DPS to 2-H DPS and to Bolt DPS. Something seems off with ranged attack damage, you should be doing a good amount to compensate for the relative lack of protection.
    • Look at recycle times of Headshot, Heartseeker, Ranged Flurry and others.
    • Look at implementing some of the changes mentioned above to Arrows and to Ranger attacks.
    • Investigate stun abilities again. I suspect some are getting overwritten causing the immunity to not proc or that some aren't classified properly.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

    Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

  5. #25

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    ""You rarely get stun immunity and it's awful. Even if immunity procs, it is immediately gone by the time you move 1 foot. "


    This is part of the issue with the current method for getting stun immunity and why stun-lock is still possible. It uses a trick with the timer system so that at the very last second it gives the immunity. If you keep getting hit by stuns it will negate this because it will never reach the end of the timer. Stuns should not be something that occur every single moment, chained or otherwise, they should be something used tactically in combat to interrupt or change the tide."

    The above is about the mobs hitting players, and when this originally started, it was about stopping both the players and the mobs from stun-locking. so far it's only us who have been changed, the mobs can still stun lock any player with ease

    This is just part of one of my log files. where is lightning arrow broken? I can send all the files with my ranger fighting X the only epic I can use lightning arrow on that doesn't drop my damage to 20+

    04/30/18 21:10:18] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 168 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:19] You began using Demon's Flurry on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:19] Mordel hit Project X for 343 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:19] Mordel hit Project X for 333 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:19] Temporary Stun Resistance matched keyword and will not be applied
    [04/30/18 21:10:19] Temporary Stun Resistance matched keyword and will not be applied
    [04/30/18 21:10:19] Temporary Stun Resistance matched keyword and will not be applied
    [04/30/18 21:10:20] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 234 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:20] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 234 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:20] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 234 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:20] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 234 nature damage.

    You can easily see that lightning arrow doesn't not keep overwriting itself and in the following, you can see that it does not go off with every shot as you claim. It was used about 5 times in the length of about 1 minute (3 or 4 second duration). during which time, even demon flurry was active

    [04/30/18 21:09:56] You began using Demon's Flurry on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:09:56] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 378 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:56] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 436 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:56] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 463 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:56] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 413 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:56] Mordel hit Project X with Drain Strike X for 2391 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] Demon Flurry failed because Weiss has Ranged Flurry III
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You used Electrified on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You used Electrified on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You used Electrified on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 409 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 439 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 397 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 431 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:58] You began using Demon's Flurry on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:09:59] Alatum hit Project X for 361 primal damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:59] Mordel hit Project X for 665 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:09:59] Mordel hit Project X for 566 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:00] You used Electrified on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:00] You used Electrified on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:00] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 389 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:00] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 339 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:00] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 386 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:00] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 377 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:00] You began using Demon's Flurry on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] [MarketPlace: Bela] thanks again... I believe I was asleep for way to long this time. The world has truely changed,
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] Mordel hit Project X with Snarl V for 539 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] Mordel hit Project X with Snarl V for 484 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] Demon Flurry failed because Weiss has Ranged Flurry III
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 420 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 394 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 392 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:02] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 381 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:03] Alatum hit Project X with Galewind V for 102 pierce damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:03] You began using Demon's Flurry on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:04] Mordel hit Project X with Staggering Howl II for 626 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:04] Demon Flurry failed because Weiss has Ranged Flurry III
    [04/30/18 21:10:04] You used Electrified on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:04] You began using Demon's Flurry on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:05] Mordel hit Project X with Bite V for 710 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:06] Demon Flurry failed because Weiss has Ranged Flurry III
    [04/30/18 21:10:06] Demon Flurry failed because Weiss has Ranged Flurry III
    [04/30/18 21:10:06] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 375 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:06] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 470 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:06] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 403 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:06] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 356 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] Alatum hit Project X with Bite V for 391 primal damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] Mordel hit Project X for 669 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] Mordel hit Project X for 773 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] You began using Demon's Flurry on Project X.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 326 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 351 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 465 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] You hit Project X with Demon's Flurry for 358 nature damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:07] Mordel hit Project X for 48 pierce damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:08] Demon Flurry failed because Weiss has Ranged Flurry III
    [04/30/18 21:10:08] Mordel hit Project X with Ravage III for 657 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:08] Mordel hit Project X with Ravage III for 717 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:08] Mordel hit Project X with Ravage III for 692 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:08] Mordel hit Project X with Ravage III for 693 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:08] Mordel hit Project X with Ravage III for 717 spirit damage.
    [04/30/18 21:10:08] You used Electrified on Project X.


    But as long as you do not have a solid plan in place, it will be completely wrong to just throw those nerfs at us the way you planned to do. KNOC got a year discussion, we got literally no notice other than blight notes. How welcome is this approach? This was planned on the premise no one would notice till it was too late. If it had been an open discussion as it should have been, this wouldn't be happening the way it is. But you were just hell-bent on wiping out stuns from at least 8 schools. As I have repeatedly stated, you have never played a ranger, so all you are seeing is complaints and what's on paper. It would be more helpful if you actually knew what a ranger was about, and no manner of talking on a forum is ever going to explain this to you. The only way for you to know, is to play one and you can't or won't.

    I do appreciate a lot of changes made over the past few years, don't get me wrong. But I am also willing to stand up against the things that appear more like tyranny as opposed to being a discussed and planned change. You were completely wrong in this manner. If you thought "Lightning Arrows was broken, but just because it wasn't fixed years ago doesn't mean it should never be fixed." then that means you had all this time to make a discussion and talk about changes. The way you handled it? you woke up and said hey, today we kill all the nature class survival abilities but lets not say anything. WTH. This is why I asked that you remove the upcoming changes, sit down and have a proper discussion, since you ARE interfering with at least 6 - 8 different schools with no regards to the after effects you will cause and no plan in place to help replace what you are taking. You need to have some foundation, and not a blitz attack formula. All well and good if you get Ranger somewhat sorted here, but then what about all the other nature schools that still haven't even been discussed yet, and still also being affected by this same change?

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    KNOC got a year discussion, we got literally no notice other than blight notes.
    I don't have a horse in this race as I don't actively play a ranger/bow class but...
    Just pointing out that blight patch notes are the only mention that we get for a LOT of content (revamps ring a bell?) where there is/was no discussion before the content went to blight.

    It's on blight now, which leaves room for testing and feedback. If it were pushed to live with no notice I'd be as upset as you seem to be, however that is not what's happened.
    Ordinis est mortuus
    Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

  7. #27

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    So far the only ones that are totally accept-ant of this change are the 3 dragons that have posted here (hmmm, coincidence?) These also being able to kill 20 mobs in that same 14 seconds that a ranger can stun 1 or 2 mobs for while maybe being able to kill 1 in the allotted time frame. (and back on cool-down / recycle timers for those same stuns and flurry they had to use in the process) You people are making it sound like rangers are overpowered, but not giving the full information. Using what little info you have, to convince others of things are completely false. But you are going to do what you want to do anyway.. When you have angered enough players to quit, maybe then you will begin to understand.
    I think it's more of a coincidence that you're going off on assumptions lol. I have a biped with several 100 classes that I've played on fully invisible mode (for reasons not relevant to this discussion) for several years now, and surprise surprise, ranger is one of the 100 schools!

    Aside from that I have another biped with a large number of craft classes above 70, a couple at 100, and mage in about the 60 range as well as some other adv schools. I'm taking a bit of a harder route than your average player would take, heck, it's essentially like playing the game as if it was dead (also again, fully on invisible), which is why my adv is far behind in comparison, gotta be able to craft all my own stuff before I even truly consider adventure leveling.

    Next to those I have both a satyr and a gnome as well but I rarely play those and have them more just to fill some of my slots.

    But because I know the next argument will be "Well you can say all you want, where is your evidence" I'll grab the mirror ahead of time while I wait for the character to be transferred to my new account and ask you "Where is your evidence I only play dragons?" I don't have anything in my signature/profile that shows I only play dragons, I've edited pages on the Lexica that benefit both sides of the game as well, clearly something that a "dragon" cannot know, right? Oh wait that's right, I don't belong in the senior group so clearly everything I say (or heck, anyone that doesn't agree with your little mindset), regardless of whether it's factual or not, is simply false and a dragon-only player's opinion right? Gotta have that Elitist Pass to have an opinion that counts! (I'm really not surprised many have fled the forums...)

    It also saddens me that people have forgotten the meaning of Blight, it used to be a home where things actually got tested and reported and then changed if needed...but it seems people just consider it an "early preview" thing now? sad :'(

  8. #28

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    BTW, lightning arrow is not a stun every hit. it's a "50% chance" to stun. if you don't like that value, then lower it a bit. changing it to being only special attacks isn't the answer. Maybe lower to 25% chance to stun and leave is as it is now, an ability arrow. not connected to special attacks.

    "It isn't broken, it's by Design"

    meepsa: I think it's more of a coincidence that you're going off on assumptions lol.

    Your whole theory of Ranger being stun bots is all assumption, and that's ok?

    Besides your vested interest in this change.. No one said you ONLY play a dragon. That was your assumption. Just because you leveled Ranger, doesn't mean you know anything about actually playing one. A lot of people have ranger school. Now go play it, then post your thoughts.
    Last edited by Malicore; May 3rd, 2018 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    Your whole theory of Ranger being stun bots is all assumption, and that's ok?

    Besides your vested interest in this change.. No one said you ONLY play a dragon. That was your assumption. Just because you leveled Ranger, doesn't mean you know anything about actually playing one. A lot of people have ranger school. Now go play it, then post your thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    So far the only ones that are totally accept-ant of this change are the 3 dragons that have posted here (hmmm, coincidence?)
    This is you, literally saying I, as somebody who sees the promise a change like this can hold, clearly only play dragon. But please, crawl back on your words and say that isn't "what you meant at all".

    You are now also assuming I haven't truly played ranger (mhmmm, that's why said ped was built entirely around her ranger build, to not play ranger) just because I once again don't agree with you, only further proving what I said before both about the forums/mindset "Yeah but you haven't played it long enough because I say so!" and this whole discussion. (oh and why are you commanding me to play a school I already played and know? doesn't seem very community friendly to do such things.)

    Either way, I posted my 2 cents, and I've also noticed this discussion has moved on to another place where it was discussed without pitchforks, torches and toxicity, so I'm not sure why the forums have to be 100% pitchforks and toxicity 90% of the time, but I think I'll also take full distance from it now...

  10. #30

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    This thread is quickly descending into attacks, so I'm bowing out. If you have ideas, please share them in Suggestions. Otherwise, have a good day.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

    Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

  11. #31

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    I agree Amon
    esp. cause there is no reward for the famous last words
    *shakes head in disapproval*
    YOU told me to play a dragon! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #32

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    meepsa: (oh and why are you commanding me to play a school I already played and know? doesn't seem very community friendly to do such things.)

    I apologize it came off sounding like a command to go play it. I should have worded it better. you should "Take some time to actually play your ranger, then come back and make your
    assessments of the school." Now, if you had played one for any length of time, you wouldn't have referred to them as stun bots, making it sound like it's a school that can stand there and kill all day without having to worry about dp or taking any damage ( any ranger knows better ) I am sorry this turned into a quarrel as opposed to a decent discussion, but when others come on and immediately start acting like they know all about rangers, and are doing nothing but giving false info and pasting a bad label on the school, It tends to ruffle my feathers too. just as you didn't like my assumptions about you and your play. It didn't feel good, did it? Lets keep it more respectable from now on. Thank you

    (but please have a little knowledge of a school, before you just blast it the way you did) Devs too. what you see on paper, isn't always the way things play out in the game. take a day to at least check something out first hand before making statements that aren't true. Go into the game, actually look at the abilities and see what they they do. you don't even have to play the character to see the abilities and descripts. Thanks for your time

  13. #33

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    I will forgo pointing out everyone who wanted Dragons' Gold Rage nerfed, whining about the still-present stun lock being looked at...
    ***
    Haven't read the whole thread, but regarding the temp stun immunity, it shows as 3 sec immunity on a 4 sec stun ability (say something like lightning arrows). So was the immunity meant to land after stun fades? Or does it start when stun starts, to lessen the chance of complete stun-lock? so that after 3 seconds of the stun have ticked down then it might be able to be re-stunned?

    I seems to me like it works like the second example. the timer starts when the stun starts. So to fix the stun lock just increase the length of the immunity time. As long as both mobs and players get the changes, it helps even it out.

    As far as ranger/bow classes, it does seem like there is still a near stun-lock capability with lightning arrows...

    With a shortbow and ranged flurry, or a demon flurry, the hits with a bow can be 4 or more per second. So whatever lightning arrows stun%chance is, its pretty good chance to land when you get the flurry. Maybe adjust the %chance down? But increasing the stun immunity timer would be near the same thing. Could give lightning arrows a % chance to land multiple effects that would be lightning related. few %chance for a stun, larger chance for a disorient, chance for lowered focus/dex (getting shocked is not fun), maybe a small chance for the mob to briefly enrage and do 200% damage on next attack.. (guess that really pissed it off..)

    As fast as bows fire right now, its kinda crazy. How can a bow user have free unlimited arrows plus the ability to fire 5 times a second over and over without ever getting tired? I mean how to they get the arrows reloaded so fast...

    Re-work the bows to all fire about 1/4 the current speed, keep damage about as is, but after X number of shots hit the mob, they are taken to their feet and take big damage and big bleeds. How many arrows can you fire into something before it slumps over? So if its possible, set it up so that after X shots, mob takes a big hit of damage, and/or after X time, it takes a damage that is based on the number of arrows it took during the buildup. So the more arrows, the bigger the lump damage is. You put 20 arrows into something with flesh, it should be dead. (Skeletons might be a different story.) Arrows shouldn't be able to shot 5 times a second over and over... I guess that is probably flurry... demon flurry really does add to the crazy hit speeds too. Slow it all down, then add up damage based on how many arrows it takes, then I think it would be more interesting and fun to play class. Multiple bow users could work together and reach the lump damage point more quickly... things like that. new tactics.

    Not sure that is possible, but I think some interesting fun things could be done with Ranger. Right now all people use it for is stuns.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    the timer starts when the stun ends, not when it starts. the bow doesn't fire 5 times a second. and especially the demon bow, has a 2-3 second draw and fire timer on it (you begin using demon bow ((timer starts)) timer ends, shot fired). There is no longer a stun lock capability. 50% chance to stun. Though if you want to do some damage, you need to remove lightning arrow and use a dragon crystal. so, now that most mobs have resistances, even less chance of lightning arrow to stun as you can not use both dragon crystals and lightning arrow in combination

    I do like some of your other suggestions. add them to the suggestion thread where this has now moved to?

  15. #35

    Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

    When I observed the inbound changes that may come to Rangers I sighed. As a long time paying customer of this game and the 3rd biped player to reach 100 in all adventure schools, I had some experience playing ranger. The person who taught me how to play this class was Trust. Trust is arguably the best damned ranger on Chaos shard or at least he was. I followed his skill set with Moregoth to develop my combat style as a ranger and that involved lightening arrows (it was a fundamental part of all the skills he would juggle). Over the years of playing this game and seeing changes (I started on 9 December 2003) it has suffered from some unnecessary changes (Many changes have been good especially considering the size of the dev team). This is another one of those changes I have to question.

    I am currently finishing my Master's degree in business and one reoccurring theme pops in the workplace and it is necessary for organizations to remain healthy. You have to understand and be prepared for change.

    However:
    1. Changes to core principles/concepts must be meaningful and add measurable value to your product or service.
    2. Do not needlessly provoke those who support you financially.

    Personally, I wish something positive would happen to Beserkers (my class of choice). Forever and a day they have been Istaria's misused stepchild among the biped classes. (I apologize for going off topic)


    Malicore, Trust keeping fighting the good fight. Maybe I will log in and come and see you.
    Regards,
    Vengeance/Moregoth the Hunter
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Multiclass Ranger with what?
    By Sounjah_old in forum Help (Question and Answer)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
  2. Ranger Quests
    By Finduilas in forum Quests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 7th, 2005, 10:34 AM
  3. Ranger Trainers give no quests to 78 Ranger....
    By Astor in forum Test Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 4th, 2004, 07:52 AM
  4. Ranger quests
    By Finduilas in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 15th, 2004, 03:35 PM
  5. Ranger quests
    By Calinor in forum Bi-Ped Adventure Schools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 14th, 2004, 05:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •