Thread: Constant stream of missing enemies... 15 levels lower than you.

Default Constant stream of missing enemies... 15 levels lower than you.

:o Has anyone noticed how after the server maintainence that you miss alot more often to every kind of enemy?

I have a lvl 25 ELAR and my Bow has +20% to hit chance, and my bow and evasion skills are maxed (for my level), yet level 10 and under mobs I miss about 40% of the time. Things my level (lvls 25 and 26 for my rating) I miss about 50% of the time... The only attack that faithfully does not miss is the Heart seeker attack...

Also while im here, I noticed it seems my abilities arent calculating damage properly. I do about 40 damage per strike with my bow shots to a level 21 small grass beetle, and drop to blue stance, pop off heart seeker (supposed to do 200% damage, +5 more for being in blue stance) and it still does 40 damage. (mind you these are averages taken from about 4 hours of fighting level 21 small grass beetles...

I filed a bug report about the miss chance being soo erroneously high...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Default Re: Constant stream of missing enemies... 15 levels lower than you.

Some enemies have huge evasion, like spiders and wolves. But I hit the flame/fire beetles 80% of the time. Although, even the spiders and wolves should not be able to dodge so many times against somebody who has ~1100 dex and bow/xbow skill when they're only lvl 90-100.

As for your bow.. It has power shot II tech in it? Unless it's a special weapon, like the gnerf bat, or blade of rending. It only has +20 (not +20%) chance to hit ONLY for the power shot ability. Power shot, power strike and smash techs are limited to their respective abilities only.

The heartseeker ability is an odd one. Only thing I can think of it that the enemies would be in green stance (which is weird sinceno enemies atm, I think, change stances anyways). But even then, it should not negate the fulleffect ofyour heartseeker ability.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Baldrick

Beetles have the Ability "Harden shell", when activated (they mostly activate it after the first hit) its very hard to do damage to them even with special abilities. I noticed that also with my char. When I fight a beetle with same lvl as me, then I sometimes hit for 0 damage... so you might try other mobs as beetles to verify your problem...

:o i did not know the abilty tech thing... that sucks... i totally thought it was an on all the time thing... Oh well...

The title of the topic suggests I was figiting something other than beetles... Which I was lvl 6-8 sand pygmies and the sand ogres... I dont think they have too many abilities...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

I'm having this problem as well - as stated in a lower topic thread. I am clr57 now and trying to fight the redback spiders I had NO problem with when I was lvl 55 and now I miss 80% of the time. I also went after creatures I never had prbs fighting with (just to see if its redback spiders only) and having same prb.

:o I dunno if they could... But is it possible that the changes to hit percentages is slipstreamable; they can change it on the fly without takeing the servers down? I hope so :) and if someone knows could you tell us :)
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

spiders and wolves can be hard to hit with their high evasion. Maybe try against something that is easier to hit like golems.

I haven't noticed any extra difficulty in hitting mithril golems. I seem to hit them just fine.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    spiders and wolves can be hard to hit with their high evasion. Maybe try against something that is easier to hit like golems.

I haven't noticed any extra difficulty in hitting mithril golems. I seem to hit them just fine.
    same w/golems...am 61 now and am getting hammered more then when i was 55 on same golemsa...

:o I can see some low end mobs hitting me once in a great blue moon is fine... But missing that mob i cant see... Im a 31 elar and I miss level 6's alot more than I feel I should with my maxed out bow skill. It would be nice to see the formula for the hit chance and miss chance...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

Thread Information