Thread: Floating Combat Text bugged

Default Floating Combat Text bugged

I did a fresh install last night; downloaded the installer from the website, installed latest Java, I allowed the redist package to install, and then had the installer do a full fresh install.

I did not install any sort of third-party overrides, mods, etc whatsoever.

Made a new account to test what the game is like, the game scanned all the files and updated itself and rolled a Saris and joined the Cleric school. First battle, I notice that I'm seeing these weird blocks where the floating combat text should be.

I disabled the floating combat text altogether and that "fixed" the problem by getting rid of it altogether.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen5 1500X
    GPU: GeForce 1050Ti (just a small note: the game thinks my GPU card only has 1MB of RAM in some places and in others it claims it has 256MB... it's a 4GB card lol)
    Resolution: Windowed+Maximized (native desktop is 1360x768)

I just put this computer together two weeks ago so I'm pretty sure the drivers are all up-to-date, and it was also a fresh OS install too. I'll try to get a screenshot of what I mean in a bit.

EDIT: Also the starting armor looked a little... odd. Not sure if intended. I'll make sure to include that in the screenshot when I get it.

Default Re: Floating Combat Text bugged

Okay, so the game decided to make me out a liar, I re-enabled the combat text (both numbers and the other text) and it's working fine now.

Blah, don't know what was wrong with it last night.

Anyways, I think the weird armor might be something having to do with shadows:

https://imgur.com/a/R6uFFBR

Not sure tho. Maybe it's just bad memory and it's always looked like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Okay, so the game decided to make me out a liar, I re-enabled the combat text (both numbers and the other text) and it's working fine now.

Blah, don't know what was wrong with it last night.

Anyways, I think the weird armor might be something having to do with shadows:

https://imgur.com/a/R6uFFBR

Not sure tho. Maybe it's just bad memory and it's always looked like that?
    It's good to see that the Floating Combat Text issue fixed itself, we often see this issue for fresh installs, but it seems that after a relog it will behave.

If you mean the darkened spots on the armor pieces that is indeed caused by usage of the Real Shadows option, which calculates the shadows based on the characters polygons, due to the low polycount of some character model areas this can sometimes seem a bit weird. If I'm not mistaken there was also a slight overhaul of the textures some time before I joined the team, though that mainly had to do with the level of detail from a distance.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Yeah, I suspected it was a shadow thing after I looked at it more closely today.

And at least it's somewhat nice to know that I'm not the only one to have ever had the floating text bug, lol. It just seemed so weird, but if it's a known issue, np. At least it's fixed hehe.

Thread Information