Thread: Gate in Old Oaks

Default Gate in Old Oaks

Could we maybe get a gate in Old Oaks? the triangle area where the road forks would be nice spot for one. Theres Maple, Silk, Mithril in area but few rarely use I think cause closest gate is NE side of Harro. Pad with a gate would be nice too but there is a pad in Imperial Outpost.

I wanted to attach a pic showing but since im not allowed to attach pics I couldn't

Default Re: Gate in Old Oaks

Closer gate would be Mithril's Anvil

Just where is this "gate" in Mithril Anvil? I see on map a pad but no gate.

sorry, meant pad. I was thinking along the lines of porting in, not out. Still wrong in that resepct as well, cause imperial outpost would have been closer for landing pad (shrug)

Here's what I think the problem is, there are no gates near any major resource area. Old Oaks is right near at least 2 resources. Hence, no gate out. you can port in close by but all resources area's require a long tow out or recall scrolls. I can't recall any area with decent resources having a portal. Eastern outpost, Imperial outpost - no portal, mith's anvil, wolf's paw, Irons silk- no portal.. Delgarath travertine and adamantium portal in delgarath only, still have to run from the fields back to town.

Saratova has portals, but they are an extreme run from the fields. as are a few other places like wisp and fabric island. Abandoned Isle the only one I recall having both a landing pad and a portal near the resources. They don't want fast easy access to the resources

While I cannot speak for the addition of new gates, we are currently looking into making gates themselves a lot more interesting to work with. I cannot release any more information regarding this currently, as a lot will depend on what the tech team can do, but I wanted to post in here to make sure people know they are being heard.

As an added thing though, next to the Imperial Outpost and Harro, South Gate is also relatively close with a gate if I'm not mistaken.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thx Liseth, According to Istaria map is just as far from Old Oaks where I suggested a gate to South Gate as it is to Harro Gate, just in opposite direction.

Harro gate you gotta weave through town to get to. South Gate or even Last Stand are both fairly close choices for someone working the mithril in Mithrils' Anvil. For resources in the swamp, South Gate and Selen are good choices.

I personally do not think we need a teleporter every 500m. The t5 and t6 resources are supposed to be further away, and that is what the travel scrolls are for.

Old Oaks is a pretty area, I wouldn't muck it up with a teleporter. Maybe put it in the lair by Imperial Outpost that used to have the Dragon Ghost npc in it. Or just don't put one in, as South Gate really is pretty close.

ok last time I request anything, gawd forbid muck up another area.
    Last edited by Smaug; May 24th, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Ok i probably lied, I'll eventually request something in the future but not for awhile at least.

haha longshanks

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    While I cannot speak for the addition of new gates, we are currently looking into making gates themselves a lot more interesting to work with. I cannot release any more information regarding this currently, as a lot will depend on what the tech team can do, but I wanted to post in here to make sure people know they are being heard.

As an added thing though, next to the Imperial Outpost and Harro, South Gate is also relatively close with a gate if I'm not mistaken.
    For my Wolf's Paw plots I mostly use 'Last Stand' pad, and sometimes its portal too .. a long time ago in an Amon post 'far far away', which was asking for 'pad/portal' placings .. I did put in a request for a Wolf's Paw pad, portal or both .. I believe the general wisdom was that the frontier should take some effort and time to reach .. however, if this policy is now being re-thought with a Portal now added to the Pad at the IO / OO,, I would like to repeat my hopeful request once more ..

Also, don't forget the Marble Quarry [Marble nodes/golems // Geostone nodes] right next to OLD OAKS, and Cobalt / Azulite not too far away either ..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Scratch the MARBLE QUARRY para above.. compass head on wrong way round .. obviously next to YEW FOREST at the North end of MA, so not relevant really to OLD OAKS ..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Pads take a place in settlement list and settlement list is very long already. That's why portals are more willingly added. But now theres search bar for destinations so maybe that's not so bad anymore...

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thread Information