Thread: Current blight patch on Order = no play possible

Unhappy Current blight patch on Order = no play possible

Heya

I just updated my game to Blight today and started Order. And... I can't do a thing! Basically I am logged in, with a standard dragon texture, I can move, but I'm not able to see anyone in channels, can't recall, can't use portals, nothing...

I had to patch to current Order again, get the old launcher2.jar (version 4.64) and start the game with that one in order to be able to play again.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Default Re: Current blight patch on Order = no play possible

get two clients one for running on order/chaos one for running on blight. the clients are different, but you can have more then one client installed on your computer, you just have to remember which one is for which server.

I found the problem in the clientprefs_launch.def file. the line that says "bool netEnabled" keeps switching to false whenever I try to change it to true. It happens on startup. so you always end up playing in offline mode.

I ran into this problem on live the other day.
    No matter what I tried, All I could get was
    "Entering Istaria Locally"
    It took a long time to solve.

I spent a lot of time assuming it was something wrong with windows permissions etc, as it first stopped working after windows updates.

After several hours, I remembered when I first logged on, new EULAs popped up and I wasn't sure I had correctly scrolled down and clicked accept.

So, in the end, the fix was deleting two .lopt files in Istaria/prefs/ which
    caused the EULAs to reopen and once correctly accepted, the game loaded fine.

I got the impression from others on discord when I posted the fix, that they believed this remedy might have been either coincidental or not what actually fixed the problem. But, I spent two to three hours troubleshooting this, and not only did it work, it worked twice, once right after the other, as I had two installs both doing the same thing on separate drives.

NetEnabled = false
    Somewhere in the launcher code if you do not accept the EULA, it prevents you from going online.
    Last edited by Mephistoph; July 24th, 2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarification

Thread Information