The need for sanity focuses our minds on the Now, the ever present challenge for the next learning, the next achievement .. all success comes in gradual steps, taken with the certainty of experience previously gained, failures accepted as challenges yet to be won, and finally the pure essence of experience crystallized into the twinkling radiant crystals of technique finally mastered !.

Istaria : A Dragon's Tale [Part 4] - by Huffenpuff

As the Island of Skalkaar continued to appear, the jungle heat of this part of the island gradually absorbed into Huffenpuff's freshly formed scales .. the gentle waving foliage being noticed with the powerful peripheral vision granted to all dragons for their protection ..

A shape he did not yet recognize as a Hatchling Dragon like himself .. slowly taking shape in front of him ..

[Narrators Note: While it is generally accepted in Istaria that the bodies of Dragons are a Neuter Gender for various natural reasons, the personalities are on what we would consider to be an emotional level - YES, Dragons have emotions too in Istaria! - these do separate them into what would pass for nurturing and tolerant types, and on the other extreme peculiar to Istaria, the arrogant, haughty and extremely aggressive, intolerant types, who prefer to settle an argument with 'Tooth & Claw first .. and ask questions later! ..

You may feel these are more masculine traits, and the former extremes possibly being more feminine in nature .. in istarian reality however, many that are considered 'male feeling' dragons can express great wisdom and show immense levels of patience, tolerance and kindness .. while those considered more 'feminine feeling' types may exhibit great fierceness and impatience usually associated with the opposite extreme ..

Istarian humanoid types teach their new young players that these fierce dragons are to be avoided at all costs, and to hope that none of this aggressive type are chosen to be 'Questgivers' .. or a biped life maybe much prematurely shortened, and Death Points gained, some would say somewhat unfairly .. in fact it is also said in dragon communities that the newer hatchlings would live longer between recalls or possible resurrections, if this nugget of wisdom is also taken under advisement, if not dying too close to the original danger of course ... regrettably, many further unecessary Death Points have been incurred by those deciding to ignore this information]

The shape coalescing into existence right before his eyes, with bright colours Huffenpuff could not as yet describe .. took form and stood there, still as a statue, apart from the occasional blinking eyes and a slow swishing of it's tail .. no aspect of gender yet occurred to him quite understandably ..

Huffenpuff pondered what to do next, as the sights and sounds of everything around about him gradually became louder and more focused ..

Istaria : A Crafter's Journal [Part 4] - by Lio de Purr

The cold breath of gentle on-shore breezes occasionally brushing my face .. the crystalline purity of the snowy blanket covering everything as far as the eye could see .. disappearing gradually into a white haze of potential possibilities .. I slowly ambled back in the direction of the Acul portal .. taking in the beauty, the purity of design, the essence of Trandalar ..

After all, I am a snow saris I thought to myself .. while my race do indeed love the feel of the desert heat on their bodies and the gusts of hot air in their nostrils blowing onshore along Kion's glistening silicon sand beaches .. and that's just fine ... but my white coat and odd eclectic black markings, WE belong right here, in snowy climes .. a naturally developed white camouflage without thought or action .. NO thing or beast sees me coming, I chuckled to myself ..

.. as I passed Arrochas' plot, I stopped a while to visualise his planned structures .. a manufacturing paradise when completed, as his plans took form in my mind's eye .. he's missing two structures I mused after the total picture had been fully visualized in my mind

.. It could just be a planning stage awaiting construction completion before further thought .. but I made a sarisian note anyway to remind me to mention this to him when I next saw him ..

[Narrator's Note: this involves the knotting of some fur somewhere on a kitty's body, the exact location of which is not generally known by any other race, and not really worried about anyway to be honest!]

.. that human, giant, elf, dwarf, gnome, satyr, dryad and the other blue one [the name escapes me] and EVEN Dragons, cannot live on istarian air alone .. a confectioner's shop and a windmill would be necessary additions for the provision of delectable delights made with rare and tasty herbs and spices found in the wilder parts of Istarian's expanses, along with the more commonly found ingredients, lovingly processed into staple foods for the basic necessities of daily life..

I mused away timeless moments for a little more ..

Well, I thought, my T6 Grand Warehouse on my Harro plots WON'T build itself, as sure as istarian fungus is a delectable side dish if properly prepared and fried, as confectioners and fungal experts would say ..

.. yet a more seemingly neverending supply of adamantium bars and travertine bricks needed to complete this amazing and magnificient structure with seemingly a near unfillable bulkage capacity ..

I stood up, brushed the snow off the seat of my ironsilk cargo leggings, and made my way to Acul's portal ..

----------------

Once more, the sun sets, the moon rises, another day has ended and the time arrives for a leap into the restful arms of the night .. I take my leave for a short period, with musings of future adventures and possible discoveries trickling through my mind like a crystal clear mountain streams, as all gradually becomes still ...

-----------------

ARCHIVE
=======

IP Part 3 -- The ISTARIAN Player : 3. The First Steps on an Ever Present Journey !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...resent-Journey-!
IP Part 2 -- The ISTARIAN Player : 2. Before the Beginning, A Brief History !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ry-!&highlight=
IP Part 1 -- The ISTARIAN Player : 1. A New Journey, Another Return !
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...rn-!&highlight=