Thread: several deportees cause a morality crisis for developers and forcing radical action

Default several deportees cause a morality crisis for developers and forcing radical action

I do not fear use sharp words for it, sorry if i offend anyone here right now:

As a player I have to oppose the change regarding the restriction with access to the structure in which objects, silos, shops, guild houses can be placed, in which I am currently on one avatara, they were blocked because several jokers decided to steal something, it's just like you were participating in epic hunt and someone in group would steal your loot I will tell you that, even if you decide to never let such a thief again, he has a chance to change his image. will you know who it is then? it's the same with silos, objects that you put into silos to create, grind level, you will not save yourself from theft, if you can not control what you've dug yourself, this change, I can bet on it, harm many players, watch for your own stuff

PS: sorry for my english,
    Last edited by vasteel; June 19th, 2018 at 08:37 PM.

Default Re: several deportees cause a morality crisis for developers and forcing radical acti

To be honest, I'm not really certain what you are saying .. but the system of setting permissions to 'Guild only' or 'Friends' is how you protect your storage space .. machines are always accessible by anyone .. no one can steal anything unless you don't trust your guildies etc ..

If you could clarify the change you're referring too, that would help ..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Default Re: several deportees cause a morality crisis for developers and forcing radical acti

I can, acces to every storage in game, public/private and guild is depend now of active subscription, for protecting stuff from thieves

Quote Originally Posted by vasteel View Post
    I can, acces to every storage in game, public/private and guild is depend now of active subscription, for protecting stuff from thieves
    Well that's just shouting for a test … I will put something in the woodworking shop storage on my Drift point plot ..[ by the granite field ] .. go look and comeback and post what's there .. I'll be waiting !

My Guildies will stand witness if need be..they have been told what the item is and noted i told them at 19.07 GMT ..its now 19.14 ..

Good luck
    Last edited by Lio; June 20th, 2018 at 06:23 PM.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.

Believe OP is referring to the 8 June announcement on the Community News page -

There have been ongoing issues with players on Free Accounts taking items from community available storage. Moving forward, only accounts with Basic or Property Holder Access will be able to access structure storage.

end quote

This is now in effect on live shards.

Knossos

it's not that, you want to have your plot safe? lock all storages, wanna make available some siloses for other players? make sure you will not put anything there important for you, and someone who will use, get resources which you digged use and leave clear silo without resources which could be stolen, same with community plot's, like this in falanthien, in mithrill anvile, in valley of the moon, bristugo, etc, those also has been locked, and these are not private, reason of locking entire storagesmin game only because free players could be anonymous and can steal stuff is silly and stupid in my opinion, most of players do not involved in stealing stuff, and idk who did this, i can only wonder it's because last matter with one big guild who lost some resources and massivly posted about it to developer's team, in results of want to solve issue, developers locked all storages for players who do not have active subscription.
    Last edited by vasteel; June 20th, 2018 at 08:28 PM.

by curiosity i checked Lio request, in some situation i have no acces (chat message about upgrade account) and some is just, not showing up, loading and that's all, no message, where situation about perma lock was withtier 3 logging camp in drift point and unknown state of acces with private silo, also in drift point

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Believe OP is referring to the 8 June announcement on the Community News page -

There have been ongoing issues with players on Free Accounts taking items from community available storage. Moving forward, only accounts with Basic or Property Holder Access will be able to access structure storage.

end quote

This is now in effect on live shards.

Knossos
    aah ok, well that could well be the case .. community shop storage would ALWAYS come with usage risks .. THAT makes sense .. but in his last post he seemed be saying he could access anywhere .. which is what I wanted to test ..

it's not that, you want to have your plot safe? lock all storages, wanna make available some siloses for other players? make sure you will not put anything there important for you, and someone who will use, get resources which you digged use and leave clear silo without resources which could be stolen, same with community plot's, like this in falanthien, in mithrill anvile, in valley of the moon, bristugo, etc, those also has been locked, and these are not private, reason of locking entire storagesmin game only because free players could be anonymous and can steal stuff is silly and stupid in my opinion, most of players do not involved in stealing stuff, and idk who did this, i can only wonder it's because last matter with one big guild who lost some resources and massivly posted about it to developer's team, in results of want to solve issue, developers locked all storages for players who do not have active subscription.
    What you say here is of course just common sense practice, which most, if not all, would be doing already as default .. but unless I'm missing something, you're talking about community shops and properties owned by the community manager from absent players who have cancelled or lapsed subs ..

Which when reclaimed, have had all items moved to their vault before structures are deleted and novians sent to their vault too .. nothing there to steal ..

so we're left with 'owned with active sub' properties where if the permissions are correctly set, will NOT allow anyone but guildies or friends to access storage .. do I understand you correctly ?

by curiosity i checked Lio request, in some situation i have no acces (chat message about upgrade account) and some is just, not showing up, loading and that's all, no message, where situation about perma lock was withtier 3 logging camp in drift point and unknown state of acces with private silo, also in drift point
    Right .. what you missed I believe is the system message which states - 'You do not have permission to access this storage' .. all that happens is the window stays at the 'Loading ...' state until you close it .. the system doesn't tell you what the current 'permissions' setting is .

The chat about upgrading your account is simply the game telling you that you have to have an 'actve' paid account before you can access ANYTHING.. AFTER that is checked the game will check permission status .. hence the account check first ..

So the T3 community logging camp is locked to you, ok .. and as I don't have any finished silos, you must be referring to the other plot which isn't mine, so I couldn't tell you what their silo status is anyway ..

So then, the main point here is you couldn't access my shop storage I hope my posts help a bit to clarify the siution .. so we can all relax .. /grin
    Last edited by Lio; June 21st, 2018 at 12:24 AM.

All storage is locked to my free accounts. They are grandfathered accounts. The issue is in a ticket I filed and it is being looked into. As of yet, there is no way for my alts to do any crafting that requires materials in any storage, public or otherwise. even access to guild plot is locked.

This includes shops, public field machines, silos, guild halls... anything that pertains to storage

I forgot to add: human race also do not have acces, seems indeed only active subsxcription have acces, anyway, experienced player can mastering his own alt in few days/weeks, idk either what developers mean by grandfathered account, when the same player could have some account's

grandfathered accounts (when talking about free accounts) are ones that existed before they made the changes that limited free accounts to a maximum level (forget what the lvl is 15 i think) and I think no quests after that limit is reached.

the latest report back to my ticket:

Administrator · 1 days ago
    Greetings,

The developers have been considering the idea of allowing Free Access accounts to access storage if the character is over level 50.

Thank you for feedback.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the hacker also be a lvl 100? This is not an answer, or a solution. Please find the exact cause that allowed the plots to be hacked or stolen from and plug that leak. You are punishing everyone in this manner, for the actions of 1 or 2 players. If they had given him access in the first place, only they are to blame. If it is known who the hacker / member is, just ban his IP. Granting access to lvl 50+ players won't solve the issue.. This person could just lvl up and once again gain access. Give his name, lock your plots, kick them from the guild.. whatever. But you can't punish the entire free player community, stopping them from being able to level any crafts by not allowing them storage access.

Or as another option, re-catagorize how grandfathered accounts are looked at by the game, so they can be allowed access to all permissions given
    Last edited by Malicore; June 23rd, 2018 at 10:58 PM.

To my knowledge:

• Grandfathered free humans are not meant to be affected by this change. This was brought up and a fix was rolled out, but had issues and had to be pulled back. I'm unsure if another fix has been sent out in the time in between, but I know it's not intended.
    • The hacker issue is not why this change has gone through. We receive many reports of items being stolen from storages - public ones or guild ones - and nearly all of them are on new throw-away free accounts. Preventing free access to these storage structures is meant to curb trolling and harassment, not to punish everyone for the actions of one individual.
    • The issue with the hacker has already been figured out and the issue fixed as far as we can manage, beyond some lingering damage control. It was not an issue on our side - as was noted in the security e-mail that was sent out recently, the issue was that many players had e-mails/passwords that were leaked due to security breaches on sites completely unrelated to our own. The hacker used these e-mails/passwords to log into people's accounts, steal items, and transfer them to other characters. I am not allowed to speak on the fate of the hacker's own account for privacy reasons, but I simply can say that we don't plan on letting it happen again for a while - especially if players are well-aware of their own account's security. (Ex. If you have a Yahoo account with the same e-mail and password as you use for Istaria, someone could easily find it on a well-known list of leaked e-mails/passwords circulating the internet and log into your account. That is what happened.)

The change that was mentioned in the reply to Malicore's ticket is more towards what we are aiming for: preventing the creation of free accounts simply to troll and hoard items away that other players want, use, or need. The hacker was not on a free account and accessed structures through means entirely unrelated to this change. My apologies for the confusion, as I realise that the two events have occurred very closely together and may be seen as one being the effect of the other.
    Last edited by Sarsilas; June 23rd, 2018 at 11:12 PM.

There was mention that it was being looked into. But as it stands right now, the reply I posted was the response given to my grandfathered free account. Seems that someone isn't giving the account the proper info then, as the entire ticket was based on grandfathered free accounts being locked, including the title of said ticket. I do hope they correct the issue with these accounts (intended or not, it still affects them and makes it so they are unable to do any major crafting) So I hope a fix is available soon.

Atm, I can not afford my to pay for my large sub and have to rely on my free account to make everything he needs. Right now he has to do without, as he can not gather and store materials in order to make food or scrolls in any quantity.
    Last edited by Malicore; June 23rd, 2018 at 11:44 PM.

Sarsilas: The issue with the hacker has already been figured out and the issue fixed as far as we can manage, beyond some lingering damage control. It was not an issue on our side - as was noted in the security e-mail that was sent out recently, the issue was that many players had e-mails/passwords that were leaked due to security breaches on sites completely unrelated to our own.

I am not sure everyone got this e-mail. None of my accounts have received anything. I always make sure to check junk mails and everything before I just empty folders out.

I double-checked with the rest of the team and the issue with grandfathered accounts being unable to access storage was fixed approximately a week back and was never intended to happen. I'm unsure if the person who replied to the ticket was confused, but grandfathered accounts shouldn't be bugged anymore. If they are, though, that's unintended.

As for the e-mail, I've asked Deforian if he can post it to the community site due to issues like yours. I, myself, had to dig through spam to make sure it sent to my own e-mail when it was sent out.

Maybe have to do a clear world cache for the "fix" to show? I have to do that whenever a fix for a structure is done that has/had problems accessing storage.

I guess I’ll add my 2 copper. I have tested access on two “grandfathered”free account characters on order. One of these is a level 100. Neither character can access any storage on any structure for any reason, period. They cannot access storage on a shop or a silo set to guild-only for the guild theyare a member of. They can access pawnbrokers and consigners on the same plot. You can shuffle storage this way,

Thread Information