Thread: The Biped Alchemy Craft School is Broken (and related issues).

Default The Biped Alchemy Craft School is Broken (and related issues).

1. The Earthencraft, Essence Shaping and Transmutation Skills of the Biped

Alchemy Craft School are no longer classified as Primary Skills. Thus, work done

utilizing these skills while a member of the Alchemy Craft School yields no

experience.

These 3 Skills should be classified as Primary in the Biped Alchemy Craft School.

2. The Enchanting Skill, which has been added to the Alchemy Craft School, is

correctly classified as a Primary Skill. The Enchanting Skill should be allocated 10

Skill Points per level, as accorded to the Enchanting Skill in the Enchanter School.

Otherwise, in order to achieve 1,000 Enchanting Skill Points, the Alchemist must

join the Enchanter School and level it to 100.

3. Suggest this thread be revisited:

https://community.istaria.com/forum/...16-Suggestion-

Rename-Biped-Craft-Building-School-Enchanter-to-Essense-Structerer

with the change of Enchanter School name to Essence Artisan. This renaming is

consistent with definitions of Fitter being a Metal Artisan, Carpenter being a Wood

Artisan, Mason being a Stone Artisan and Weaver being a Cloth Artisan.

I expect that minimal if any additional Teched Armor/Jewely would be needed.

The suggestions regarding revisions to cogs and boons are still valid.

Knossos

Default Re: The Biped Alchemy Craft School is Broken (and related issues).

Fun fact: none of the issues you bring up are bugs.
    1. The change to the primary school system was intentional and does provide more xp than the previous system.
    2. The fact that Alchemist gets ANY enchanting skill at all is an improvement over what it was before. If it gets 10/level, Enchanter loses half its functionality. Let's not.
    3. How about no more unnecessary renames. The ogres and beetles did enough for me thanks.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I am not suggesting any change of the "Single Primary Skill System" of any of the 5 Building SCHOOLS - I am only suggesting changes to Primary SKILLS within the Alchemy school, which is NOT a Single Primary Skill System School.

Please do not confuse School Names with Skill Names. The Enchanting School (or Essence Artisan School) HAS NOTHING TO DO with the Enchanting Skill. It is precisely this confusion that I seek to eliminate with the change of name of the Enchanting Building School to be Essence Artisan School.

I am proposing change to the Earthencraft, Essence Shaping and Transmutation SKILLS within the Alchemy School to restore these skills to the original Primary SKILL status they had before the change of the Building SCHOOLS to the SINGLE PRIMARY SKILL system. The Alchemy School IS NOT A SINGLE PRIMARY SKILL SYSTEM SCHOOL.

In addition, I neglected to mention in the original post above that the Beginner Journeyman and Expert Enchanting Formulas sold by the present Enchanting School Trainers should be moved the corresponding Alchemy Trainers.

Thank you,

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; July 9th, 2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    The fact that Alchemist gets ANY enchanting skill at all is an improvement over what it was before. If it gets 10/level, Enchanter loses half its functionality. Let's not.

The fact that the Enchanter school has absolutely no need for the skill at all, and Alchemy fully depends on it, is grounds enough to warrant The suggested changes

I am in agreement with Knossos.
    Skirnir

I agree also.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Alchemist was improperly assigned a primary xp system when the enchantment update was added, this will be amended in the upcoming blight delta, which will be pushed to blight soon, after which we hope to release it to live soon thereafter.

That being said, no further changes are in store for alchemist in it's current state until a later date. Enchanting was added to Alchemist in a lesser degree after Enchanter was moved to the Primary Skill system, as it was at the sole source of enchanting skill up to that point, enchanter is still considered a builder school, but also the prestige school for enchanting.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thread Information