Thread: Thoughts on Elemental Archers (new) spirit arrows

Default Thoughts on Elemental Archers (new) spirit arrows

After a recent try of the spirit arrows in their new current state, my opinions about the 45% health on 75% of hits, is not as good as its original of 100% of the damage given back as health of 30% of hits for the level 94 spirit arrows 3.

I am not sure how many others use elar anymore so feel free to add your thoughts about it.

As of right now spirit arrows feel a good bit weaker now than they used to be in the past. At the moment my feeling about it i would prefer quality over quantity as this is what the change is for the spirit arrows a "quantity over quality"

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Default Re: Thoughts on Elemental Archers (new) spirit arrows

Personally haven't played ELAR that much anymore lately since I'm enjoying Monk's new combat but from the quick tests I've done on blight before, this version is in my opinion somewhat better, unless you're really really unlucky.

Though I think I might go ELAR again in a bit and I'll do some more testing on it, but as I've said, it should be better.

Reason it got changed is because if you've really tried, you could get heals of up to 1k per hit (with Flurry buff or Demon's Flurry's extra 3 hits that'd be a 4k heal). Now you just heal a lot more, if only for less in value per hit. I'm kinda surprised though that you'd say you rather have quality above quantity in this case, considering how much hits SCOUT/ELAR/RNGR can dish out.

In a way it is still a nerf (as you've got to hit twice as much atleast for the same heal), but in another way it's a buff too, one that makes it easier on the lower level versions too I believe.
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Quote Originally Posted by flamefeniks View Post
    Reason it got changed is because if you've really tried, you could get heals of up to 1k per hit (with Flurry buff or Demon's Flurry's extra 3 hits that'd be a 4k heal). Now you just heal a lot more, if only for less in value per hit. I'm kinda surprised though that you'd say you rather have quality above quantity in this case, considering how much hits SCOUT/ELAR/RNGR can dish out.
    Not sure what ranger and scout have to do with spirit arrow, since neither can use it. Also wondering how anyone could have ever gotten 1k per hit using spirit arrow, let alone 4k (if you really tried?) Maybe I am missing something... I have never seen anything in the game that could possibly help you to reach 1k.

I play ELAR quite a bit and seldom used the spirit arrows because I didn't get enough back. So I'm not against the change.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thread Information