Thread: Coin Help

Default Coin Help

Simple facts here...
    I have limited time
    this is a great game
    but....

I am more than willing to stick around but the curve for beginners... horrible. It seems once you have a higher toon, creating another is easier. A simple end-run around this is coin (I am guessing). This would not make the game easier, only solve the grind for coin issue.

I would like to exchange for some gold coins.
    I would like 50 gold. This would help work on the first toon and hopefully, persuade my gaming partner to join once I get going.

All at once would be preferable, price we can negotiate.

Send me a message.
    Thanks

(This is not my actual account in-game)

Default Re: Coin Help

I have been in the game since 2004. I have never had 50g. And i am doing well. Money cant make your game easier at all.
    Only thing for you to do is go out and hunt/craft what you need. a few 100s could be at help for you. but 50g? no way

Things takes time. So will your lvl up also. It took me over 2 years to get my first toon to 100. If you play much you can get it to 100 within a few month.

Right now my main toon have 905 silver
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Glutten, there is a decent amount of coin available if you do quests and sell the junk loot you recover. However, if you are attempting to purchase every formula then you will definitely be short on coin and may need to do some grinding. Junk Loot, sell to the Oddities Brokers as they give a better rate.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i have been playing this game for well over a decade and i have never had more than 35 gp total on any alt. and i only have that because the long lost god of blight gave me a sweet amount when he left us. i got other gifts, that i value more than the coin.
    and i am on blight, the self sufficient shard. believe me, you don't need coin to do what needs to be done.

in fact, my dream is have a mith piece one day. not because i need it, just cause i want it.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Glutten, there is a decent amount of coin available if you do quests and sell the junk loot you recover. However, if you are attempting to purchase every formula then you will definitely be short on coin and may need to do some grinding. Junk Loot, sell to the Oddities Brokers as they give a better rate.
    To build on to what Amon has said here, if you are playing a biped selling the various hoard items you'll get to junk brokers is also a very efficient way of getting coin, as they will pay more for it than anyone else.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Good points I reckon.
    If only there were a working economy. I wish to relax, isn't that the purpose.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glutten View Post
    Good points I reckon.
    If only there were a working economy. I wish to relax, isn't that the purpose.
    Enjoy.
    Have you ever played a online game where everything was given to you on a silver platter? We all had to start from the beginning and build our characters. When playing online games if you work with other players there is always benefits. But you don't get things handed to you.

cheers

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

The initial learning curve can seem steep. One small thing will flatten it out - make your own equipment, and tech it. Go get the Mining tech from the quartermaster, get the limbs that drop from the little cedar treants near New Trismus. Make yourself +mining clothes, jewelry, and a pick. You just skipped up four levels in Mining.

This is true of everything else. Some things are not as easy as Mining - combat techniques are drops from monsters, rather than easily bought from a quartermaster. Some of the monsters that drop the parts you need are too high for you to kill yet. But you can find a path that isn't too hard.

Last - as a biped, you want to join some adventure schools, but not too many. Two if you don't know the game yet, four (or even more) if you do. That will help with gathering the formulas, techniques and monster bits that you want - you'll end up fighting monsters way over your school level - the ones that drop those bits you needed.
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Thread Information