Thread: Moving monsters and dead while fighting.

Default Moving monsters and dead while fighting.

I have had two problems since the last Delta (October 2018). While fighting monsters, they slide away from 50m to 100 m. After the monster I have killed, the dead will slide away from 50m to 100m. When you try to look, it says monster is too far away. You can chase the dead sliding monster down but on trying to loot you get the error message "GM Only". I thought this was just a problem with the new Kion quest and the dungeon by Parsinia. Today, I had same problems with Fire Beetles doing same thing. The other problem, which is similar, I kill monsters on a floor (inside dungeon or building) and they fall through floor to next level or inside rock. This just started happening after new Delta.
    Thanks. Slimey/Fatuous on Order

Default Re: Moving monsters and dead while fighting.

An update. While fighting Fire Beetles, the server updates and the beetle I am fighting pops to a new location. The fight continues even from over 100m away. If you kill a beetle when it has moved, you can not collect loot at all for it say you are always "too far away'. Golems seem not to be effected by this movement. Sapling Yew Treants are though. While fighting Sapling Treants, they pop away also. If you kill one while away from your fight, they sink into the ground and can not be looted. This all started with the new Delta. The new Kion quest dungeon had this happen to me several times. Most of those monsters sunk through the floor to be "too far away".
    Thanks Slimey/Fatuous on Order
    ps: I have run a full scan on my install since this started.

I experienced similar issues. Not related to latest Deltas but recent client versions. I had it first on Live while using the Blight client before Deltas came Live. I had no issue on Blight, and as playing with Blight client can have sometimes some side effects I didn't report it and prefered to see what would happen when Deltas would be applied. Now everything is Live, I still have the issue.
    While fighting, the mob can move itself from 20 to 30 meters. If you kill while it's away, you can't loot it because it's always too far... annoying when you are precisely hunting for loot. A solution is to stop fighting until it is at right distance, but if the issue happens at the last blow, you're done.
    I've been mostly hunting at Spirit of Dralnok's place lately so I don't remember to have seen this elsewhere. But it happens pretty often there.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

From my side, issue is gone with client v397.1. Zero teleporting mobs during today's hunt.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I agree. So far it seems to be working. No popping since patch. Slimey on Order

A correction. The monsters do not seem to pop in and out anymore. I have a hotkey for selecting corpses to loot. If I use this hotkey, the "GM Only" errors always occur. The dead can not be looted after this. I can manually select the dead and loot them without the error. So now any hotkey trying to look corpses fails with "GM Only" error. Slimey on Order

This message is displayed when you use /setscale in your macros. It's just a warning message that doesn't change anything as setscale works just fine.
    So far, I have no issue with looting, using my macros as well.
    But... I remember to have got some troubles on Blight before the patch went live with one character (and only this one, the others were just fine): I had to be persistant to have the loot window open, or be able to use loot all. Double click on the corpse, right click, macro... after a while it could work but it was pretty random. Sometimes I had no issue, sometimes it was a chore. Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    From my side, issue is gone with client v397.1. Zero teleporting mobs during today's hunt.
    Sadly, the issue is back with client v397.5.

Fire beetles are poofing out of existence and some can't be hit after being targeted.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Can you all use the Patch to Blight option, in the launcher's Configuration button to get client 397.11 and see if the issues still persists?

You can verify the client version with /window fpswindow
    Last edited by Cegaiel; November 18th, 2018 at 01:49 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information