Thread: Preparing skill not worth xp to Confectioners? Also can't find trainers

Default Preparing skill not worth xp to Confectioners? Also can't find trainers

Why doesn't preparing ingredients grant xp even though it's a confectioner skill? Also, I can't find the journeyman trainers in Dalimond. They're not in the bakery, and their map icons along with several other NPCs in the city are red instead of blue. Why is that?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Default Re: Preparing skill not worth xp to Confectioners? Also can't find trainers

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Why doesn't preparing ingredients grant xp even though it's a confectioner skill? Also, I can't find the journeyman trainers in Dalimond. They're not in the bakery, and their map icons along with several other NPCs in the city are red instead of blue. Why is that?
    Hello Flamestar,

Confectioner does not get experience from preparing because it is a skill shared with gatherer, confectioner is on a system known as the Primary Skill system, where a craft school will only get experience for skills unique to them, in this case cooking. Other examples are the various builder schools like Weaver, Carpenter and Fitter.

The Journeyman Confectioner trainer should be in the Dalimond bakery, immediatly to your left after entering the building, she goes by the name Velma.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thread Information