Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bipedal spell

Default New Bipedal spell

Hello everyone:

I would like to discuss one change recently added in the game, namely I mean a new spell called gift of fate added for the bipedes. Let me start from the fact that I do not like the very concept of this spell, we have in the game a variety of resurrection, ressurection, superior ressurection, primal restoration and primal rebirth, superior ressurection and primal rebirth removes death points and death penalty, I think it's it should be enough for players, especially since these skills are used in larger battles, as well as in group ones. The second thing is that bipeds of all races, they can use newly acquired skills without consequences, but they can create food to remove the negative effects of death, which is obvious violation of the rules of cooperation and total independence from the factors of the game, which mainly boils down to breaking the rules cooperation between players, this is so harmful change, that I have heard opinions mocking on this subject, bipeds rule, dragons drool, players also justify the decision to introduce a new spell that there are players who would like to play alone, hunt, gain level without anyone's help, I am one of such players, but unlike Bipedes, dragons systematically have limited such possibility, ask? after all, when it comes to asking for the incantation of a spell, the same goes the other way, please, can you resurrect me? it should work, and not say that if you ask nicely you get it, let's be honest, there were a lot of elements that I could use to play and not worry, but it has been reduced all over many changes. my request is for developers to remove this new addition, it breaks the rules of cooperation, which was so intensely introduced by hindering gamers, and now has been broken by adding a spell to the breed that can now himself to resurrect and have proverbial (you know what) help from other players or dragons.

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Bipedal spell

Bipeds can cast the spell on dragons, like any other gift spell, so dragons aren't exactly left out. Besides, if I'm adventuring and dying in a random place way out of the way, I don't want to have to run all the way back or make someone run all the way out there to rez me. Then there is Blight and Order, which have a smaller population. You might not be able to find someone to group with there all the time, or ones that have a spare minute to run out to the far reaches of Istaria.

I don't mind Gift of Fate. I don't think it breaks anything. And you have to give up a different gift to use it. It's just as easy to refuse to use it as to use it, if you wanted. It's not required. It's just a different tactic.

Besides, you get a penalty for using it, if I recall correctly, though I'm not totally sure what it does. And once you get rezzed by it the first time, it's gone, if I understand correctly (someone tell me if I'm wrong). It's not like it's perma-rezzing you.

And I remember the "bipeds rule, dragons drool" comment. That was a joke, I believe, in regards to the whole "it overpowers bipeds, and dragons never get any benefits" debate that cropped up that day. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
    [09/29/15 22:38:24] General Reklar Plaguebearer surveys your corpse with a look of smug satisfaction.

ok let's see:
    1. "Bipeds can cast the spell on dragons, like any other gift spell, so dragons aren't exactly left out." On self too, so you can show middle finger and say you not need help from anyone.

2. "Besides, if I'm adventuring and dying in a random place way out of the way, I don't want to have to run all the way back or make someone run all the way out there to rez me. Then there is Blight and Order, which have a smaller population. You might not be able to find someone to group with there all the time, or ones that have a spare minute to run out to the far reaches of Istaria" So in your mind dragons in game are so powefull they can die without gain death points and bipeds ares o weak they need self ressurect spell? lone player playing as dragon need to care for himself.

3. So easy to say in that way, you have choice:
    "I don't mind Gift of Fate. I don't think it breaks anything. And you have to give up a different gift to use it. It's just as easy to refuse to use it as to use it, if you wanted. It's not required. It's just a different tactic."

I i give you seweral examples, i can use powerfull spell/scales on blight server (Greetings Devs) which grant powerfull strike, no one need to use it in group or for mocking otheres, but i had no choice and they removed it, i been alone there, i could have gold rage on 15 cooling down, i could have ebbe'it ally which could have 1 hour lethal immunity, i could have no loot lava fragas for ally and use it on blight alone,

Coming back to not wanting to ask anyone for help, do you know everyone? how could you know someone will say no? otherise, your decision in which danger you hop in, so do not say you had no choice.

4. "Besides, you get a penalty for using it, if I recall correctly, though I'm not totally sure what it does. And once you get rezzed by it the first time, it's gone, if I understand correctly (someone tell me if I'm wrong). It's not like it's perma-rezzing you" and bipeds can craft food, for self, what is good+rez self, no matter,I can raft food for self, dragons can? they cannot rez self, and they cannot craft food, considering if someone play alone and play as dragon, do not force me to play on other race.

Besides, i do not like such a jokes, do i offend any biped in game, anyone, show me who? i wanted to act this matter abit more seriously, small community is because such acting, because such changes,and because one side supporting and restricting support to other side ( i may wrong so correct me if i do).

I forgot to add, you said that you can use it on the dragon so that it had the opportunity to resurrect yourself, do not you notice that only once? who will be flying to you if you die again? it conflicts with what he said that you do not want to ask anyone to fly / run to the end of the world and pick you up from the ashes.

Blog Entries

I didn't say dragons were all-powerful, nor did I say bipeds were nothing but cannon fodder. I said exactly what I thought, and nothing more. I understand you have a different opinion, but there's no need to get up-in-arms about it. In my opinion, Gift of Fate doesn't break anything. I can see how it can be used. I can see why one would use it. That's all I said.

Nobody was mocking anybody, either. I didn't say it, but they were trying to lighten the mood, as I recall it got a bit heated. Guess we need to stop doing that?

Nobody's forcing anything. If you don't want to play a biped, don't. You can always trade or communicate with other players who do play bipeds. Community and all.

I won't be responding again. I've said my thoughts on the matter.
    [09/29/15 22:38:24] General Reklar Plaguebearer surveys your corpse with a look of smug satisfaction.

I am grateful for the attempt to loosen up the situation, but such jokes appeared in situations deepening the anger when thinking about the current matter seriously, I want the game to be honest, do you think it's a fair solution? after all, you said yourself that this is the way that someone would go for you and help you, and you do not want this help, at the same time want to finish what you did, by the least effort, I would like to be just as sufficient, mucus so much to create items, destroy obstacles with a flick of your finger, die and resurrect whenever I want and how I want, but I respect cooperation, after that I would like to consult other people, I respect your opinion, but I do not agree with it.

I find the spell mostly a "push". Meaning I don't care one way or another. I will be honest with you, if you die in game, recall and except your DP or use this spell. I play on Order where there are not many around so I eat a lot of food. I play both bi-Ped and dragon and will state that all bi-Ped schools have been nerfed to death. Slimey on Order

And this state of matter i can understand, i may have ssugestion, but this impossible,support on less populated servers, be fair on live server, still if someone play as dragon on empty server have no support, same as bipeds, but support have only bipeds in that way, other must depend of generocity of others, if there any others on empty servers, i had some support on empty server, self support but develpers taked most of it, yet bosses and mobs in game are growing in strenght, restriction in use some stuff is made, and population weakening.

You cannot think only about self, there is other players on servers where such sollution is less neccesary and it isn't fair, hhh...i said long ago about consequences of emigration from order server to chaos server, there is still loyal players who resist leave, too much good memories, but developers pushed all of it in wrong way.

I feel like I could agree with both Vasteel and Myrdiatoken. It feels like its also intended for smaller population which it is right now. I see three solutions to this.

Take away spell. But I cannot find really good reason for this. It doesn't hurt anything to have it in other than deepening feeling of unfairness between dragon and biped. As some people said, use new content or ignore. It is cast-able on dragons. It also deepens dragon-biped cooperation in hunts. It is the same as food and I see it as incentive to play biped.

Make dragon version of the spell. This seemed to work in the past. Spiked scales (CoT). Silver strike (Multistrike). Primal Cast (Multi Cast). Primal Restoration (Ressurection), and more. While I don't think this is bad idea, it does leave some kind of bad taste and feels cheap.

Leave as is and ignore this thread. It doesn't sound nice though and if there is one against new spell, there are others.

Tough nut and don't envy anyone making decision.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It sure doesn't sound good, if i could be greedy and selfish i could leave it in shape as it is. add the same spell for dragons alsos have not much sense, taking away is a shot in the head of community

After thinking about all this, I would like to consider the best solution without hurting any of the parties, if adding a similar skill to the dragon would be a proffesional benefit, I agree with it, but without nerfing for bipeds, no one deserves to be worse, another solution is , to make concessions in the game, on servers with the popularity of players equal to 0, I suggest to restore the advantages, not much I know, I do not remember much, but where there is no support, content is needed, more hp, faster cooldown, something else I understand then that players will play where it is easier, but then gradually, without radical changes, everything can be adjusted to be honest, we have a very small community of players, when we increase it, we are going to balance, this is my proposition

It is not a biped spell, it is a class specific spell: my biped cannot use it. So, I would hardly say it was 'added for the bipedes'. Giving it to dragons (or other classes) will be another nail in the healer's coffin. although for parity I would maintain if they wanted to give it to all quadrupeds they should give it to all bipeds as well, further eroding the use of healer classes. I dont play my biped for adventuring anymore so I really dont have a dog in the fight, but if it's more free stuff for my dragons... yay!
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

dragons also cannot fly before ascend, cannot rez with delete dp before ascend, nothing standing on your way, esspecially when on blood mage school you can use it, and this is favourite school of most of players who play as biped, thanks for your opinion.

I don't understand what you are saying, could you elaborate? It reads like you are telling me that to use a spell that you want dragons to get for free, I should level up a class that I don't have and don't want to play... is that correct?

ah no, i just only say it's possible, but indeed it's up to you, sorry if you understood this wrong

Its up to you as well; if you want the spell, make a bloodmage, right? Easy-peasy.

chmm, I think that, not many players have tested it, not many people know that it is something like that, but basically everyone is defending it, I tested it a bit, so I have my own view. anyone who has already written his thoughts here, or does not care about what will happen or defends it, I just wonder if everyone has already tested it and already got some opinion about it, after that look at what has already been mentioned, do not base your opinion on the last 2 posts

Well, it requires life skill, and is only available to certain classes. I can't use it in my chosen class, but thought it was an interesting addition to the healing classes' bag of tricks which as you stated in your initial post, fosters co-operation.

Thread Information