Thread: World not fully loading

Default World not fully loading

Haven't played in a while, so I had to download the new launcher, and then there was a lot of patching to do, but when I finally get logged in I have problems.

My screen is just an orange sky, and my character appears with no clothes on, in a slow walking animation with "Unnamed Character" above her head. The UI loads pretty much, but none of the actual world

I've cleared the world cache and done a full scan, but the problem won't go away. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I also get an error message about not being able to make a backup of a launcher file, not sure if that's related or not

Default Re: World not fully loading

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Haven't played in a while, so I had to download the new launcher, and then there was a lot of patching to do, but when I finally get logged in I have problems.

My screen is just an orange sky, and my character appears with no clothes on, in a slow walking animation with "Unnamed Character" above her head. The UI loads pretty much, but none of the actual world

I've cleared the world cache and done a full scan, but the problem won't go away. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I also get an error message about not being able to make a backup of a launcher file, not sure if that's related or not
    Greetings,

This is a known issue and we are at work creating a fix for it, but to fix it yourself you can go into your prefs folder within your istaria directory, from there delete all .lopt files (usually AccountPrefs.lopt and <username>.lopt), logging in after doing this will fix the issue.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thanks. I'll give that a try when I get home. Will that erase all my hotkeys and other settings too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Thanks. I'll give that a try when I get home. Will that erase all my hotkeys and other settings too?
    Those are stored mostly in the character specific folders (though some are also in clientprefs_common/graphic/launch), deleting the .lopt files shouldn't touch anything in regards to your direct preferences. ^^

Let us know if you run into any issues though, I'm sure if this doesn't fix it for you something can be figured out.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

That worked, thank you Liseth!!

Thread Information