Thread: level adjustment for blizard

Default level adjustment for blizard

i have done so far a couple of tries to kill blizard ( named ice golem) so far to no effect.

as a level 60 even named it should be cake walk for a level 93 adult dragon. but no its a cakewalk for blizard. the amount blizard hits with is very high. it behaves more or less like a level 90 named monster.

Default Re: level adjustment for blizard

The regular ice golems are very powerful too.

I’m a Lvl 76warrior, in full plate, with 96 ice resistance. The opening attack of a regularlvl 56 ice golem sounded just like my multistrike III ability. He hit me fourtimes for over 800 pierce damage. My response was multistike III with a flaming2 handed sword for almost the same damage. The trouble is I didn’t get thisability until I was a lvl 74 warrior. I was barely able to win the fight. Itried a second golem and the same thing happened. I barely survived again.

Iwonder if these guys are fighting a whole tier above where they are supposedto. Blizzard was a fair fight for a lvl100 ranger.

I'd... disagree.

I can defeat Blizzard perfectly fine as a level 50 hatchling with a bit of scathing leftover... however, I'd expect anyone to be prepared, at least around 50-60+ range if attempting. Be somewhat geared- at least keep your spells updated. For dragons, just do your ability quests. For bipeds, it varies between what schools you have maxed, or if it is your first school. Just be careful and don't bite off more than you can chew; a single school is very weak, but a fully multi-classed biped is very strong.

Make smart choices when fighting enemies in general; snarl to make them miss a lot, staggering howl to increase their delay and recycle times, tail whip to stun them, etc. Use refreshing breeze, spiked scales, and shield of gold (if you're an adult) to keep yourself alive for the duration of the fight. Use the equivalents for the school you're using as a biped. Spells can work fine, too. If you are fully geared and equipped with spells/buffs and still dying, it may be the way you use your abilities/spells or even lag in some situations (or you are as mentioned below, a biped).

As a tip, golems have very little abilities. Gem golems have a bleed, stone and metal golems have avalanche of ore (the multistrike ability which overburdens you), and earthquake, but they cannot do bleed damage. They can all throw rocks at you from a distance, and deal a decent amount of crush damage with golem crush. Most of the time, they will just slap you with basic attack.

Blizzard, specifically, has a Spiked Scales/Cloak of Thorns ability, Ice spray, which applies a debuff that reduces evasion, ice armor, which increases armor/ethereal armor by a set amount, plus the universal golem abilities. Generally, Blizzard's main damage abilities recycle in about 30 seconds. If you can survive the first set of burst damage, and manage to apply a number of debuffs on them, you should be able to fight out a win by the time the second burst comes out. If not, and you're a biped, don't worry about it. Leveling the first few schools to max as a biped can be extremely challenging and often kicks you into the dirt. Dragons definitely have it easier in that regard.

You can also cheat a little and level your craft really high, to equip better armor or weapons than your current adventure level/rating. I remember this level 1 warrior with level 100 BLK with a higher level sword 3 shotting sandstone golems and leveling off of them.

Hope this helps if at all ^^
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by xWaterwingx View Post
    I'd... disagree.

I can defeat Blizzard perfectly fine as a level 50 hatchling with a bit of scathing leftover... however, I'd expect anyone to be prepared, at least around 50-60+ range if attempting. Be somewhat geared- at least keep your spells updated. For dragons, just do your ability quests. For bipeds, it varies between what schools you have maxed, or if it is your first school. Just be careful and don't bite off more than you can chew; a single school is very weak, but a fully multi-classed biped is very strong.

You can also cheat a little and level your craft really high, to equip better armor or weapons than your current adventure level/rating. I remember this level 1 warrior with level 100 BLK with a higher level sword 3 shotting sandstone golems and leveling off of them.

Hope this helps if at all ^^

I still agree with them. I still believe part of this the lack of balancing between bipeds and dragons. True, a prepared and geared dragon could take out Blizzard, but a biped around the same level? Good luck....I believe to say that if you have to max a school out or two for a lvl 61 boss, something is wrong here.

Also the sandstone golem example doesn't really work considering you are comparing A monster who's lvl 18 with 360 HP to a boss who's lvl 61 with 4418 HP. Of course a biped with max out blacksmith would kill a sandstone golem easily with all the stat boosts you get from max craft out early, but i still feel it wouldn't make a difference with Blizzard.

Thread Information