Thread: A Modest Proposal

Default A Modest Proposal

I suspect the problems taking Chaos off-line on a regularbasis have to do with 14+ years of errors and problems built up in the databases. Maybe trying to fix these one after another just isn’t going to work. Let me make a “modest proposal”. Get rid ofthem all with a little help from our old friends the Vielo. They stepped on thelast time the world was falling apart.
    One day the gifted wake up and notice a few things aremissing. Their money, the contents of their vaults, the contents of theirbackpacks, the armor they were wearing when they went to sleep and, oh yes, all the plots and lairs they went to sleep in. They have the skills and knowledgethey acquired over the years and nothing else. They are standing in training tunics in what looks like a fresh clean world with a fully functioning Novo machine humming away south of Bristugo. The only clue to what happened is a mysterious note where Nadia used to stand. “So long and thanks for all the techs”

Default Re: A Modest Proposal

Do you want people to leave Istaria? Because that is how you make people leave Istaria.

Big "No" from my side, no matter the shard.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Even if there are such problems in the database, they were not made by the current developers! Istaria was sold a couple of times and the previous owners made some mistakes. The current ones have to fix everything the others did wrong, work hard on the game and in the background there is the update to unreal engine pushing in. That`s a lot of work! This downtime occured once in maybe 100 years. I think we will survive it. I hope you did at least manae to recognize all the changes that were applied during the last 2-3 years... This is the first time since a couple of years that some real changes were added. Some small issues happen now and then. I hardly doubt that everything will disappear out of our inventorys, vaults or even the lair. Dont assume the end of the world is comming over a simple downtime.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i agree with phara. this is my second fave game of all time, but if over a decade of goods and plots disappeared over night, i don't think i could recover. i have a lot of legacy stuff that i can't get back.
    i would be totally and completely against the op's suggestions.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

A quick note to people taking this seriously...

"A Modest Proposal", by Jonathan Swift. Anything that starts 'a modest proposal' is satire, and not to be taken seriously. The original essay suggests that the impoverished Irish might ease their economic troubles by selling their children as food for rich gentlemen and ladies.
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Quote Originally Posted by Daulnay View Post
    A quick note to people taking this seriously...

"A Modest Proposal", by Jonathan Swift. Anything that starts 'a modest proposal' is satire, and not to be taken seriously. The original essay suggests that the impoverished Irish might ease their economic troubles by selling their children as food for rich gentlemen and ladies.
    Interesting. I knew the essay, but not that the given phrase is used to indicate satire in other venues. Well, the OP certainly met its goal, then, I suppose. Hopefully, those with the ability to enact the suggestions therein will also recognize it as satire (or see your post), and not take up the "suggestion". <wink>

Thread Information