Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Master Construction Forms

Default Getting Master Construction Forms

Hey everyone,

Just came back from another absence, so my memory is foggy

I'm getting close to the point where I need to get the Master Metal Bar form on my biped, along with the Master Metal Sheet/Joint formulas.

As I remember, there is a Cenotaph that you have to talk to out near the Eastern Outpost to get the bar formula, and you have to be 1200 skill in smelting to get it. Is that still the case?

Also, where to you get the Master Metal Sheet/Joint forms? Is there a Cenotaph for that as well?

Thanks!

Default Re: Getting Master Construction Forms

No longer do you talk to Cenotaph. Master forms are now purchased with tokens you can get
    from doing crafting or adv. quests from NPC at the Imperial Outpost. At least I think it's that outpost.
    Hey, it's very early in the morning here so don't get mad if I'm a bit off. Or a lot. As usual.
    And welcome back.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

OK, I remember getting some epic tokens back when I played before and I thought that's what those were for, but I didn't see any vendor at the outpost that sold the forms. Are they sold somewhere else?

The forms are sold by a gnome in the Imperial Outpost tower. He only takes Imperial tokens so you must earn those to buy the forms.

Imperial Tokens? Oh... I have Epic Tokens in my vault that I thought were the ones. Maybe I haven't done the right quests yet them.

I tried talking to Vargas and he seemed to offer me two quests, but when I clicked on the links, it just basically said "good hunting" and no quest showed up in my journal.

I'll look for the gnome, thanks!

http://www.istaria-lexica.de/Master_Formula

If you don't already have one master form then maybe you can get someone to help you get the first one.
    eg. Way back when I was going for my master forms I got a friend to help me get the thornwood board and timber forms because I had my skill in lumbering, carpentry high enough. Once I got them and scribed, I was able to make thornwood timbers and trade them in at the Imperial Outpost for tokens to then buy the rest of the master forms. Thornwood was the closest resource to the Imperial Outpost at that time so all I had to do was fill my disc and inventory with timbers and haul to Outpost. Worked for me
    Happy crafting!
    cheers

Well no wonder I couldn't find them... I was at the Eastern Outpost, not the Imperial Outpost LOL

Thanks everyone!

*edit* OK, I found Frig and yeah, I see the problem. All of his quests are to make things that I need master forms for. But I can't get the master forms until I get the tokens from doing his quests... hmmm...

Is there any other way to get Imperial Tokens?
    Last edited by Kerech; January 21st, 2019 at 11:32 PM.

Speak to Burris the scout in same room as Frig at Imperial Outpost. Burris has Adventure quests for Imperial Rank Tokens. These tokens are accepted by Frig for his offerings...

Knossos

Brekhantoth, a ghost Dragon in the Eastern Deadlands (29491/23707), also offers daily quests to earn Imperial Rank Tokens.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Hi Kerech, I had the same problem re getting the first master forms. I gathered a shedload of unspun steelsilk from fabric isle and asked for help making them into steelsilk construction bolts. Eternally grateful to Sul who very kindly turned them into the bolts for me and it got me started. If you need help doing it that way I now have the forms for the spools and bolts and would be happy to make bolts for you. Not sure I have a very good ratio on putting them together but it gets you into the loop. I'm on Chaos playing European times.
    Poppi, Crafting Dryad/Zastria, Adult Dragon
    of Ad Astra Guild on Chaos

Thanks for the offer. I play on Order.

I am working on other quests for the outpost, that should get me going hopefully

Good luck then
    Poppi, Crafting Dryad/Zastria, Adult Dragon
    of Ad Astra Guild on Chaos

OK, I went to Brekhantoth and got his quests, so I could start getting tokens. One quest is to kill 10 Defilers and the other was to kill 4(?) Broodmothers. They are in the level 115-116 range, if I remember right.

I tried to kill them with my level 100 adult dragon, as it seems more survivable than my biped right now, but they killed me pretty quickly.

Are there certain wards or resists that I need to help survive against these creatures?

You will get some suggestions on this. I usually stand where ghost dragon is or on one of the cliffs and try to pick off one at a time. They tend to come in groups and many roam the area you are fighting in. You really need to avoid the groups if you can. Making metal sheets, steelsilk bolts, and Thornwood timbers are much easier than these fights. You have no one to buy you just one form so you can make these for tokens and pay them back? Another way is to do the quests from scout at outpost. Try getting 5 trophies from like the Adamantiun golems. Like before, try to do one at a time. The Travertine golems are usually no more than two in a location. Get five trophies from them but it takes a while to earn the 16 to 23 tokens to buy one from. Hope this helps. Slimey on Order

The outpost Scout quests give Imperial tokens? I figured those were like other trophy quests and only gave xp/money. I will check those out, thanks!

if you get stuck give me a shout on order

Oldin.

OK, one more question (I promise )

I started doing the trophy quests and got a couple of tokens. The formulas are listed for sale as costing 16s (for example), does that mean it takes 16 tokens? Or does a token count for more than 1s?

An Imperial Rank Token has a value of 4 silver coins: http://www.istaria-lexica.de/Frig_Tallowgar
    There are many tokens in Istaria with different values. The best way to test it is to put one of your token in the trade window and see its value in coins.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thank you!

Thread Information