Thread: flawless magnaar stone?

Default flawless magnaar stone?

I found to day on a abdomination of missery an "Flawless magnaar stone". its states is a for a weapon socket, it does extra damage nature 125-165 ad a change of 10%.

But when in stalling it in a triple socketed mace which is empty I get the error can't be installed benefits are not allowed to stack?

What i'm i here dealing with? a bug or a historical arifact, this is the first use i do of it. if its an artifact can some one give the whole history.

thanks

Oldin on order

Default Re: flawless magnaar stone?

Its a crystal and like most other crystals that are socketed it will conflict with others of its type... Weapon or Kicker mostly, such as Ardent, of Might, of Magic, and some of the quested ones.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

the next day it did wanted to be placed, some how the weapon had memory of the previous crystals installed and didn't wanted to reinstall any damage kicker ad all. So I hit a bug of an other type then I think I had.

I was got a bid of warning that this could be the case as I had some how with two normal
    +65 power and +65 armor in I god 3 three level 100 limitations an one level 80 limitation. ( now that is with this crystal played 90, 100, 100, 81)

I had this happening again and I think I know what is happening.

You can remove stone while the helm or shield is equipped. In this case the shield or helm remember what was on it. And therefore doesn't allow the same thing to be applied again. The only way to reset this is remove is logout and login again.

I'm not sure if you can then also apply other stones over and over again like the protection (nature 60 armor 55 ward) stones.

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    I had this happening again and I think I know what is happening.

You can remove stone while the helm or shield is equipped. In this case the shield or helm remember what was on it. And therefore doesn't allow the same thing to be applied again. The only way to reset this is remove is logout and login again.

I'm not sure if you can then also apply other stones over and over again like the protection (nature 60 armor 55 ward) stones.
    Actually you can't remove socketed crystals while the item is equipped, it will ask you to unequip first if I'm not mistaken. Instead it's just a 'hiccup' (or bug :P whatever you want to call it) where the game doesn't want to forget what was socketed in the item. Doesn't happen always though. And yeah it fixes on a relog and only a relog so far. :/
    Fun thing about it though, you can get a long list of buffs on one item this way. :P
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

I have seen that question before indeed on other items, but not with my triple socketed mithril mace or triple socketed mithril chain helmet/ triple socketed mithril shield (i'm not shure which one it was for the second time). It just allows me to remove stones while equipped. This happened twice now. So I don't believe is an accident. And I think Knossos had the same problem last night.

Thread Information