Thread: New Monk Training

Default New Monk Training

The Monk trainer in Kion wants me to use "knit Bones". I am a level 100 Monk. I can not find Knit Bones listed anywhere in my abilities. Can someone tell me where to find Knit Bones in the character sheet? Do I find it somewhere else? Any help on finding this ability would be appreciated. Thank you. Slimey on Order

Default Re: New Monk Training

You must be flexible when switching styles. Try using One with the Wind.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Again, since nothing is ever explained in this game just to confuse everyone. I am asked to use "Nerve Strike" in the games Monk's quest. I do not have nerve strike or know how to get it. How do I acquire "Nerve Strike" in order to finish this quest. Can anyone explain to me how to acquire this quest ability? What do I need to do? This game gets more and more confusing as they add to it, never explaining anything. I grow very weary of trying to figure out what I am supposed to do. Slimey on Order

Nerve Strike comes from the same style, One with the Wind.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

When you use a Monk Stance (ability), it temporarily gives you one or more new abilities. If you dismiss the ability, you also lose those one or more new abilities.

Abilities temporarily gained, when using the stance/ability:

One With the Wind I:
    Knit Bones
    Superior Dodge
    Martial Defense

One With the Wind II:
    Knit Bones
    Nerve Strike
    Exceptional Dodge
    Martial Defense

One With the Wind III:
    Knit Bones
    Nerve Strike
    Waking Palm
    Prescient Dodge
    Martial Defense

Other monk abilities might also give additional temporary abilities (not sure, I didn't look).

Think of this as the same way that some KnoC abilities give you new things, temporarily: Summon Blade, Summon Shield.

But I certainly understand the confusion. We'll look at updating the new monk quests to explain some things better.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

OK, a couple of problems with the quest. When finishing the quest with the Obsidian golems, the quest advances when you click on the cat monk. The problem is the cat never says anything. You have to look at your quest log to see what to do next. This happens twice at end of blue sash (expert) quest. The quest finishes with you getting new sash (blue I believe) and some great xp and silver. The next problem is the cat monk (yes I do not remember her name) stands there with a big question mark over her head. No matter what I do she will not speak to me. I take sash off and on but it makes no difference. Is there anything else to do? Is the blue sash as high as it goes? Is a sash with +22 to 3 stats worth more than my ironsilk belt with real armor and stat improvements? Thanks Slimey on Order

There another quest for lvl 90 Monks.
    I've done the whole questline without issue on Order.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

For each of the last three quests, I have to leave monk school and reapply to get the Lady Monk trainer to talk to me again. On the last quest for the tea set, I have had to do this twice. I got the tea and set and went to her. I had tea and she jumped me with "tiger claw". I was not equipped or buffed so I died. I recalled and returned with all my buffs. She is no longer on test stand. How do I get her to reappear or fight me again? Thanks. Slimey on Order (hopefully the last time)

Relogging should reset her action sets.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I have relogged three times. I have cleared world cache and tried repatching. I have changed schools to Cleric and still no Lady monk. I changed back to Monk in Feladan and went back. The lady monk is gone to me since I died. Any other suggestions? I am now stuck on final quest. Slimey on Order

An addition. My dragon can see the lady monk yet my monk can not. Seems to be the death of my monk character causing this. I do not know.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Are you using a default settings for Istaria or do you have different mods installed.
    I've recently gone through the whole questline with no issues appart from some confusing lines of text about where "spirits" should be.
    I also died when fighting the "spirit" monk trainer, i just recalled and returned and she triggered back into the fight mode of herself for me.

The only mod I have is the map pack. I do not know what to do to get the lady monk trainer back. Is there some file I need to delete like prefs.? I am at last fight but no cat trainer. Thanks Slimey on Order

Deleting quest brought her back. I have to start over but at least the lady monk trainer is back. Thanks.

Another addition. If you die again, you have to delete the quest again and again and again. ad nauseum

OK, with this continuing quest, how do I find Khenet? He does not show under search or the Lexica or Wiki. The quest tells me to go to Lesser Aradoth? and do Khenet's quest. I must find this one to do it. Anyone know where to go?
    The quest says to do Khenet's quest. Go to a shallow water area on lesser aradoth. There are many shallow water areas on lesser aradoth.
    Last edited by Slimey; May 17th, 2019 at 11:56 PM.

The quest and idle action files has already been updated on next delta. It's going to behave weird until next delta. For example you mentioned NPC was invisible on one character but not another. This is due to what stage on quest you're on.

I'll be doing another map pack update soon. In the meantime, I pushed the last database updates onto istariareference.com . This means Istaria Map should now show any markers that'll show on next map pack.

Visit https://istariareference.com/istariamap.asp and search Khenet for the location. She/he was already showing before my push, so searching here would've still show an result. When it doubt, check this page
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thanks, Cegaiel. That really helped. Slimey on Order

Thread Information