Thread: E-mail From Istaria.com

Default E-mail From Istaria.com

I just received an e-mail from Istaria.com about logging in from a different location. Is this a legitimate e-mail? It tells me to change my password which I probably should do. Is this a real e-mail or not? Thank you Slimey on Order.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: E-mail From Istaria.com

I cannot recall getting one of those and i travel alot.
    Good advice to change passwords though.....although i would use the official website to do it and NEVER from any links in an e-mail

Take a look at the header informations, they are usually a good indicator, from where the mail really originates.

As there wouldn't be something important inside, besides your email address, you could post them as well (can remove your mail address)
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

OK, had trouble editing this e-mail. So here it is in full form. Oh, never mind. It will not let me upload the e-mail file. I must not know how to do it. Usually I just select file to add or cut and paste. This will not let me do either.

I have gotten the same message two days in a row. My subscription is due today. I wonder if this is an e-mail alert for my subscription but in the wrong form. I paid today and changed my password. Lets see if it stops now. Thank you Slimey on Order.

I got the same message but I do not have any subscriptions up for renewal soon.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

logging from a different location I also get but only when changing computers. so changing IP address. So its legit.

For changing password etc. alway's go over trusted connectiontions set up by your self. don't click on a connection in the mail.

I am on my desktop so I am not changing location. I am getting an e-mail from Istaria.com every time I log into Istaria.com now. The location is different each time yet I am not moving. The e-mail alerts are getting a little excessive. Slimey on Order.

Slimey ,

This looks like a situation i dealt with at work not to long ago You might have a nasty on your end of the computer. I would Highly Encourage you to do the following DUMP your cookies clear your catch and then run Ccleaner Have it clear everything but your saved Passwords. then i want you to Run Malware bites Its free for like a month , Since your system might be infected we need to get a cloud antivirus scanner to scan your computer from an non affected computer / Server

I am a Data-center Engineer lv 4 for HPE I highly doubt its on Istaria's end Limelight security is too good for where there server is housed. If memory serves Its in whats called a DOD area meaning there are multiple Physical levels of protection .

Regardless I have pmed the devs on discord wait for them to figure out if its on there end .

Program links
    https://www.ccleaner.com/
    Formally known as Crap cleaner a program made by hackers for hackers to clean up other hackers crap ... the creator went legit cleaned up the name and started a Major business I have used that program in an enterprise environment for years .

https://www.malwarebytes.com/ A staple in any pc maintenance

For a cloud scanner
    I like trend Micro
    https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/for...housecall.html
    for a pc scanner I like Comodo
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I have ccleaner installed and run it about once per week. I ran it today. I have all of Windows 10 virus protection and ran a complete scan today. I temporarily installed another virus program and ran it. I installed malwarebytes and ran it. The second virus program uninstalled for conflict reasons. I went to trendmicro and downloaded the exe file. Ran trendmicro for network scan. All of these programs came back with no viruses and NO problems on my part. In all these scans, nothing was found to be wrong. Thank you for all of these suggestions. Slimey/Fat on Order

I got a mail from istaria.com which I did not open.
    in the headline it says,"unusual activities on your account"
    any ideas?

Also got that " do-not-reply-mail about plot reclamation.
    Again
    though cc card is fine

I trust in devs -again:-)-that they get that fixed as usual, and that I do not loose a plot.
    To be on the safe side will write a ticket later.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

If you've received a plot reclaimation email but believe this shouldn't have happened please do make a support ticket, a short time ago there was a very minor issue with account billing so you may have been affected by that.

The emails in regards to unusual activity are most likely coming from us testing some security measures.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

*wonders if its ok to hug a dev*
    I think it is

*hugs Lis*

thy for that fast answer

Off-Topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Formally known as Crap cleaner a program made by hackers for hackers
    Never heard that before. And can't read anything about hackers on https://www.ccleaner.com/about so I wonder where this comes from. I'm not sure if Piriform would love called hackers.

"Look, hackers have given you a program to clean your computer. And they of course absolutely do not send anything from this things you wanted to delete to their own servers" comes into mind when using a cleaning program from hackers.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

I received a second mail that one sub is not paid- a reminder.
    9h ago.
    I surely cant play cause of insufficiant char slots.

Now I got same mail as Slim and Sigi about logging in from different location/IP adress.
    Which I did not- I tried to log in yes- but from the usual place and comp.

any info and help is appreciated

I don't know which mail program you use or if you only use a webmailer. I know that everywhere you can see the header informations, which might help here. For example a legitimate plot reclamation mail I got to my GMX address (because my sub ran out) looks like this in the header and text:
    From - Sun Jun 02 10:16:41 2019
    X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
    X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
    X-Mozilla-Keys:
    Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    Received: from istaria.com ([50.22.132.4]) by mx-ha.gmx.net (mxgmx013
    [212.227.15.9]) with ESMTP (Nemesis) id 0MQMvs-1hAMCF079Y-00Tj7M for
    <your registered mail address>; Sun, 02 Jun 2019 10:16:35 +0200
    Received: from U01ACCOUNTS ([192.168.1.10]) by istaria.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
    Sun, 2 Jun 2019 01:15:04 -0700
    thread-index: AdUZG0h/XTeYplfKT5yeuEg1gJR2oA==
    Thread-Topic: Istaria: Automated Plot Reclamation Email
    To: <your registered mail address>
    Subject: Istaria: Automated Plot Reclamation Email
    Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 01:15:04 -0700
    Message-ID: <[email protected] m>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0E92_01D518E0.9C210BD0"
    X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    Importance: normal
    Priority: normal
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.3959
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 02 Jun 2019 08:15:04.0861 (UTC) FILETIME=[488254D0:01D5191B]
    Envelope-To: <your registered mail address>
    X-GMX-Antispam: 0 (Mail was not recognized as spam); Detail=V3;
    X-Spam-Flag: NO

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0E92_01D518E0.9C210BD0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello,

This is Amarie from Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted.

This email is to confirm that you no longer have any plots scheduled for
    reclamation. If you handed your plot to another player in Istaria or
    sold your plot back to the community, someone out there thanks you. If
    you added a subscription to your account, the staff behind Istaria thank
    you.

If you added a subscription to your account and your plot had already
    been set For Sale, your plot status will not change back to Owned until
    after the next shard restart. Shard restarts are normally scheduled for
    Tuesdays.

We hope Istaria is a fun place for you and appreciate you playing.

Kindly,

Amarie Ancalimon
    Istaria Community Manager

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------
    To unsubscribe from our periodic e-mail messages, please go to the url
    below:
    https://accounts.istaria.com/unsubscribe.php?e=<your registered mail address>
    &s=ca02
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------

------=_NextPart_000_0E92_01D518E0.9C210BD0
    Content-Type: text/html
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<body><p>Hello,</p><p>This is Amarie from Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted.</p><p>This email is to confirm that you no longer have any plots scheduled for reclamation. If you handed your plot to another player in Istaria or sold your plot back to the community, someone out there thanks you. If you added a subscription to your account, the staff behind Istaria thank you.</p><p>If you added a subscription to your account and your plot had already been set For Sale, your plot status will not change back to Owned until after the next shard restart. Shard restarts are normally scheduled for Tuesdays.</p><p>We hope Istaria is a fun place for you and appreciate you playing.</p><p>Kindly,<br><br>Amarie Ancalimon<br>Istaria Community Manager</p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>To unsubscribe from our periodic e-mail messages, please go to the url below:<br><a href="https://accounts.istaria.com/unsubscribe.php?e=<your registered mail address>&s=ca02">https://accounts.istaria.com/unsubscribe.php?e=<your registered mail address>&s=ca02</a><br>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p></body>
    ------=_NextPart_000_0E92_01D518E0.9C210BD0--

Thread Information