Thread: Which gives for what

Question Which gives for what

Hi all,
    Been away for a while and there is a lot changed so therefor my question
    Is there a handy overview of craft schools and what to do to level them.
    e.g. which school gets xp for making metal bars?
    Carpenters only get xp for doing carpenter work not for making boards or tools anymore.
    Or should the question be Which craft school gets xp for which craft skill(s).

Any way, hope you know what I mean, thanks in advance :-)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: Which gives for what

the best i can give you is this discussion on levelling: https://community.istaria.com/forum/...Master-Crafter.
    and
    https://community.istaria.com/forum/...-1-1-(a-guide) covers bonuses.

the fasted way is in creasing blacksmith or my preferred miner/weapon smith up to about level 100. ( miner a bid lower so you can make mithrill bars just ad 100% efficency.

then use those skill to level the rest up normally you will do two ad the time one in working up base materials like bars the other working up the last part in the specific products. effactively levelling 0-80 on bars and then 80-100 on armor, this is all then done in mithril.

better explenations and thoughts are in the artikles given.

oldin on order

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Another helpful guide,
    http://istaraschosen.com/guides/bipedcraftleveling.php

Thanks for the helpful answers!

*crafts on*

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

All building schools (mason/fitter/carpentry/enchanter/weaver) only get exp now for making the building items and applying them. They increased the exp for applying (not sure about making the items) to compensate for loss of exp from processing and secondary skills used to get exp for.

A few others like cooking and alchemist and maybe jeweler not sure, only get exp for making what requires use of their primary skill(s), not secondary skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    All building schools (mason/fitter/carpentry/enchanter/weaver) only get exp now for making the building items and applying them. They increased the exp for applying (not sure about making the items) to compensate for loss of exp from processing and secondary skills used to get exp for.

A few others like cooking and alchemist and maybe jeweler not sure, only get exp for making what requires use of their primary skill(s), not secondary skills.
    Only confectioner is the only other school currently using the primary xp system, alchemist for some time had this implemented incorrectly but has since been corrected to gain xp from all of it's processing skills I believe, including the added enchanting.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I can suggest https://istariareference.com/stat_attributes.asp . From Home page, this is the Stat -> Skill Chart link.

I just re-verified it's up to date. I did have Alchemy school missing Enchanting skill and a few skills, from Alchemy School, didn't have the primary skill set correctly. But I just fixed that and updated the page. It should be good now.

So, let's say you want to find out what schools give experience for Metal Bars. This is the Smelting skill.
    On the page click the Smelting link. Upon clicking it, the Schools that offer that skill will appear on top right corner.
    Some of those schools will show, in red (p), which denotes primary skill. Any of those schools will give experience crafting metal bars.

Boards are Lumbering skill, so click that link and see what schools has that as primary and so forth

You can also click one of those schools, on top right, to take you to the Schools Chart page for misc info about that School.

Also, you can cross reference what formula use a specific skill. ie Metal Bars obviously uses smelting skill. But sometimes we forget trivial formulas we might be able to use here and there.

From the Formula page: https://istariareference.com/formula.asp , you can leave every entry blank. Then only choose a skill from the pulldown menu of "Scribe Skill". 99% of the time, the Scribe Skill is also the skill used to craft items of that formula (1% it might not be, or some weird variation of mixed skills). So selecting "Smelting" from Scribe Skill, we get odd balls that we probably forgot we had (Satyr Metal Bars, Lodestone). Not the best example, but just saying might be able to find something to your advantage sometimes as something out of the ordinary to use for crafting.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information