Thread: Greetings from a n00b!

Default Greetings from a n00b!

Greetings and salutations! Downloaded the game last night, and set it to install. Woke up, created myself an account, joined the Discord server, and then prayed while game patched that my Potato PC could play! It does, average 10fps -- which i'm thankful for that much.

Anyway, looked through the character races - oscillated between the Fiend, Saris, and Dragon - settled on Dragon! Deakon MoonBeam, a character I made decades ago modeled after Anne McCaffrey's Firelizards from her Pern series. A white firelizard that loved to fly as fast as possible [and teleport at speed]. How I will translate that into the Order server, I don't know yet :3 Running through the tutorial -- and have met a few fellow dragons, nice folks!

Must say, finding a decent community on a MMORPG where people arent there just to minmax everything and PK all the time is a very very welcome change of pace! The attitude I described turned me from games like Ragnarok and Ultima, and a few others, sadly.

Anyway, if ya happen to see me online, go ahead and say hello!

*bamphs out in a cloud of edible glitter*

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Greetings from a n00b!

greetings and most welcome, incub! a lot of us have been playing for over a decade, so feel free to ask anything!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Welcome! I'm on Chaos so you won't see me around but never mind, it is as you say a rare thing to find an MMO with a good community and this is the best. It's one of the many things that keeps me coming back.

Now... edible glitter you say? *huge dragon tongue tests the air* Mmmm tasty!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Welcome. I have a tip on possibly boosting that 10 fps. Turn off Shadows, turn down Max View Distance to 50% or less, turn the Graphic Quality (all under Option, Video).

If you lag bad during battles (spell effects), uncheck Spell Effects Enabled.

Lastly, you can also turn off extra decorations on structures in the world (which reduces number of objects that needs to load into memory) by unchecking the Structures Attachment checkbox.

Cheers!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information