Thread: building outside the borders!!

Default building outside the borders!!

Ok this can become game problematic.

I tried to build a grand warehouse. pushing it to the side did give me some thing that went out side the borders and when build it showed the plan on a cylo.

after that i tryed to build a medium guild house this when over the border as well. for all to see this is on order in morning light.

these builds are compleately with out resources ad the moment but I will leave them in place (empty) till some one has looked into of the devs.

oldin on order.

Default Re: building outside the borders!!

Hi there Oldin,

Building outside of the boundaries of your plot is allowed so long as the center of your structure lies within the bounds. This change was made for structures like trees whose bounds are based on their leaves and thus are hard to place decoratively without hitting edges of plots.

Unfortunately, we cannot selectively make this technology only work for trees and decorative objects, which leads to the situations you refer to. We do not support building structures so far out of your bounds that it obstructs other plots, vastly detriments the scenery of the area, vastly overhangs cliffs, etc. If you see structures that are built that far out of bounds and are causing issue, feel free to send in a ticket and we can either move or demolish the offending structures.

Edit: The grand warehouse having a silo footprint is an oddity we are looking into, to add, but I believe the silo footprint is around the center of the structure, which should still force you to place the center within bounds like other structures.

ok have a look what happened in morning light!

If you want to see bad, look at plot near Augh. on Order. Just past wall is a plot that takes up 2 other plots and covers the wood spiked fence there. Looks terrible. Slimey on Order

The plot I talked about is at Rhiki at 256/257. The plot at Morning Light has construction covering a completed plot next to it. It also blocks the landing pad at Morning Light. If this building is finished, no one will be able to port to Morning Light without getting stuck. All of this is on Order

I've passed on the report. We recently did a pass and multiple plots got touched up, but this could have come up in the meantime since then (or were simply missed).

Please do report them as you see them if any more come up.

My plot I got this Saterday. I placed the buildings i mentioned just before reporting. This plot hadn't had any changes as far as I know for a long time. Its the old plot on which the main tavern on order was standing. its the 90*100 one.

can some one explain By which mechanism, I medium guild hall, that was clearly build out side the plot bounderies, after a reset suddenly is shows up in site the bounderies

Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    This plot hadn't had any changes as far as I know for a long time. Its the old plot on which the main tavern on order was standing. its the 90*100 one.
    I flew around Morning Light and did not see any other plots that have anything outside of their boundaries. Is this in another city? I'm not familiar with where Order's main tavern is or was.

If you're talking about the 100 x 100 plot that has a tavern in Morning Light, all of its structures are within bounds and those that aren't are not overlapping world objects, other plots, or anything of the sort.

Unless you are talking about your own plot (the only 90x100 with anything built), then -

Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    can some one explain By which mechanism, I medium guild hall, that was clearly build out side the plot bounderies, after a reset suddenly is shows up in site the bounderies
    As I mentioned, I passed on the report of plots overextending their boundaries in a detrimental way. I referred the developer who does the cleaning up to the area and coordinates, and then he moves the structures. I didn't expect him to react this fast, but he pushed the structures back in bounds. Same happened to the plot reported in Rikhi.

As a note, I mentioned that you were showing an example of what could happen and linked to this thread for reference. I didn't actually report you.

thanks for the explanation, and now you can understand why i was so ferment about this, I can understand a small bid of give but, what can/could be done what basically making you plot 4 times as big overlapping other important strucktures and plots.

PS . it would have been nice if the dev had put a comment in this trait.

You're welcome. We do take it seriously, and if we had a choice, we wouldn't make it possible for all structures. We are putting our trust in the players who use it constructively to build trees, or nudge walls up against the borders, and keeping an eye out for those that take advantage of it.

I'll ask about adding a note somewhere, but when you hit 'construct' on a building outside of boundaries, it does say something like "Your building must pass inspection. You should know what you are doing." Ominous and vague, though.

Thread Information