Thread: Blacksmith Bug

Default Blacksmith Bug

Hi,

I may have come across a bug in the Blacksmith school flow.

My Blacksmith is level 15. I was updating his skills through quests and that was working fine until 15.

At 15, Guran told me to go to Kion and speak to the Blacksmith there.

I went there and talked to Kelamina. She only tries to give me refurb tools. They are not needed. I can get no quests from her.

She should give me quests to do using bronze bars. I am still too low for the next level.

Another possibility would be for Guran to continue quests until 20.

Otherwise, it will be slow to hit 20 and the next level.

Thanks

Default Re: Blacksmith Bug

I think the only purpose of quest "Blacksmith: Speak with Kelamina in Kion" is to send you to Kion and encourage you to visit Lesser Aradoth as you have probably finished with New Trismus.
    Kelamina doesn't have quest, you will just have a dialog with her when Guran's last quest is active.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I think the only purpose of quest "Blacksmith: Speak with Kelamina in Kion" is to send you to Kion and encourage you to visit Lesser Aradoth as you have probably finished with New Trismus.
    Kelamina doesn't have quest, you will just have a dialog with her when Guran's last quest is active.
    Hi,

Unfortunely, I think you are right. However, it apears that the ball was dropped somewhere along the line.

It is critical that for all skills that assistance and quests flow at least to level 30. New players and those deciding to acquire a new skill need the support to get to the level where b can craft items for their lot or a guild lot.

I just went and leveled my character from 15 to 16 at Kion farming bronze.

Istaria is a great game, but it needs some changes put in place to attract and retain new blood.

The Devs are working hard and continue to improve and update the game but they cannot forget the low level players.

I have been on and off with Horizons (Istaria) since the beginning. I really want the game to succeed and I like a number of the changes over time.

Istaria craft leveling is based on farming, not questing. New Trismus quests are probably designed to teach what you can do as crafter by offering you some basic formulas. To progress, you need to buy new formulas at trainers.

Also, you aren't limited to Kion: you can explore Lesser Aradoth and reach Parsinia and some good crafting spots like Miner's Mound; you can probably find there some player workshops for skill bonus to help you leveling.

Unless you are only interested in crafting, the adventure quests in Kion are a good way to discover Lesser Aradoth and what the area offers.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

When I did do this quest(line) I did find it odd that you were send on to some one else who does give a a quest.

I can think of one quest for the black smith and that is to make a new upgraded tool set in iron.

could be some think like
    " you 'player' i would like you to make a new iron tools set for my more advanced apprentices. Although it could be beyont you skill yet. I can't leave them alone yet or they will set fire to there fur. And its a bid of travel to find good iron ore mines. After that it will be most working on your owne to improve your skills"

Iron is Tier2 which would not begin until you are level 20. Also, there's no Iron on Lesser Aradoth. The primary goal of the quest is to give you a gentle "push" off New Trismus and to introduce new players to Kion and Lesser Aradoth.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information