Thread: Planning on returning after god knows how long

Default Planning on returning after god knows how long

Hello

I played this game years ago... But cant remember much about the game, sadly (i blame old age, 43 /cough).
    Im planning on returning, as soon as ive decided on what sub suits me the best, and what Race and Class i want to focus on..
    Ive got no idea if my old toon(s) are still there or not, but deffinately want to start from scratch.

I was hoping someone could help me, and im sorry if i should post this elsewhere..

When i return, and if i pick a sub that allow me to own a plot, will i be able to actually get myself a plot(once ive gotten the cash etc for it), or are all plots taken?
    I love player housing, so if getting a plot is possible, then i want to set that as my primary goal.
    But if thats an unrealistic goal, then i ofcourse will set a different goal.

Also something else..
    Is it possible to fight with polearms of sorts in this game?.

I was thinking going Spellcaster, maybe with some healing?. Either as a Dryad or a Human.
    But fighting with "big sticks" is fun too.. if its possible

Oh and, which server has the most and least pop?

Anyway, heres to hoping for years of enjoyment in the world of Istaria

Default Re: Planning on returning after god knows how long

welcome back young one, My you Enjoy your time in Istaria once again.

we have two handed axes, but the combat as how to trike with a weapon and how to defend with it is all down to number not on control.
    So the special workings to work with as in a pole arm are not there.

which server will you be on?

Yes, please indicate server! That really goes for all who post on the forum. It would really help
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Hey
    I havent really decided on which server to play on. I would probably want to play on one that is not to crowded, if possible.
    Maybe on Order? Or Unity?

Quote Originally Posted by Kausten View Post
    Hey
    I havent really decided on which server to play on. I would probably want to play on one that is not to crowded, if possible.
    Maybe on Order? Or Unity?
    First of all, Welcome back!

In regards to server population; Chaos has the highest number, followed by Order, the roleplay server, and lastly blight, the testing server. Unity used to be the old European server but that is no longer running. (though people that used to have characters on the Unity server can still have them transferred to one of the current server.)
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

You won't have any trouble finding a plot to buy on either server (Chaos/Order) population is low on both, For that matter on Blight either if want to play on the test server but will probably be pretty much alone there. If you got a paid account you can have multiple toons so could have toons on all 3 servers if wanted.

Very low population makes the games community unique amongst any other MMO I've played. The community is very friendly and welcoming to all. Whether you like to RP and goto Order or come to Chaos You should find a friendly community with help just a question away.

PS: Oops forgot... Welcome home

!!!Rwrr!!!

Ok thx
    Order it is then.. Thou ive never really been good at roleplaying, so i hope im not required to be good at it

Any suggestion as far as subscription goes? Because i found the options a little confusing.
    I guess i could play for free, with the limitation that includes.. But id prefer paying.. also i would need to anyway to be able to have a plot right?.

Correct - Free account your limited to 1 toon, no plot/lair and lvl caps at 15, it would give you a taste of how the game is played. Might want to give it a try just to see if will be your cup of tea. You won't have money to buy a plot for a bit anyway. Far as I know you can convert a free account to a paid one, not positive on that though.

Paid account to be able to have a plot/lair is... Property Holder
    Access - 1 month ($14.95) /
    6 month ($77.70). You'd save $12.00 going the 6month sub.

We don't role play that much on Order. There's a special chat group for those who want to really get into it all. On Order we do take note of the racial characteristics of the toons, etc., like I rant about how my goat will eat anything in sight, etc. But that's just for fun once in a while. Anyhow, welcome back. Be sure to ask for help as the game is much changed.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

The nearest weapon to Polearms are probably Mauls. See here: http://www.istaria-lexica.de/Maul

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thread Information