Thread: A Question About Blighted Items

Default A Question About Blighted Items

Most of my weapons and claws are either broken items or epic items. These list in the 30s in damage per second, Mostly 33 to 38 dps. I have found some blighted items that have very high damage per second. I have a blighted yew shillelagh that says 106 dps. I have a blighted hand wraps that claim 57 dps. I have some blighted claws that claim 107 dps. Are these values correct? Do these items do that much damage per time for 250 hits? The items have to be powered up after 250 uses. I had a couple of other items like a blighted bow that did 100+ dps but was only usable by an elf. Another item was only usable by a dryad. Do these weapons do that much more damage than epic weapons? If not, why are they listed that way? Thanks. Slimey on Order

Default Re: A Question About Blighted Items

I showed these items by link to Ming. She saw completely different DPS than was being shown to me. What she saw was about correct, around 25 to 28 dps. Why am I seeing such high numbers for DPS? This seems to be a bug of some kind and I can not trust the stats on blighted items. Anyway, this is weird. Slimey on Order

Default Re: A Question About Blighted Items

Is it possible DPS is subjective to the stats and skills of the character viewing it? Someone with a very high strength and 2handed slash may see a difference than someone with nothing put into strength and two handed slash if looking at a specific weapon type.

Just a guess, that's not exactly what it sounds like is happening, but it's the only thing I can think of. I have a few blighted weapons, I'll take a look when I get home from work.

Thread Information