Thread: Guild Master Related Question

Arrow Guild Master Related Question

I've been wondering how the system handles this for a while- if a guild master is inactive for a certain amount of time, does the ownership of the guild transfer to another, or is it just stuck with the dead leader? If it is changed, what is the process of that?

Default Re: Guild Master Related Question

The leadership changes after a set amount of time, but I'm not entirely sure which. I have seen leadership be passed due to inactivity, though, including onto my own characters.

I'll ask for specifics.

Alright, thank you Sars!

Hi Arkasia, I've an answer.

In 2015, we disabled the automatic guild master reassignment system as it was unique to our MMO and ended up disrupting guilds more than helping. The guild master position is now permanent and will not be reassigned. We encourage people who want to salvage a dying or dead guild to recreate the guild with a new leader.

However, if it's absolutely necessary, you can send in a ticket about claiming the guild if your master is gone for a substantial enough period of time (in the range of 3 or more months, or proof is given that they will not be returning by their own word or outside circumstances, I imagine) and we can look into contacting them. If there is no response, we can choose a new leader based on activity and rank.

We understand not wanting to lose a long-standing guild and are here to help, but it's a lot of work on us to recover smaller newer guilds when they could be remade with the same outcome, if that is understandable.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Alright, thank you for looking into it! I guess time shall tell what would be the best to do

Thank you so much for looking into it!

I have another slightly related question, if it does come to the case of having to make another guild, is there a way the guild-location plots could be transferred without deconstructing them, if all owners agree to the transfer? I am aware if it were only one person wishing to leave, then they would have to decon their plot and move somewhere else, since the area is guild owned.

Thread Information