Thread: New Summoning Spells

Default New Summoning Spells

Are there any plans for new summoning spells with the Conjuror revamp? I know the idea was broached at some point in the past, and I have asked in the talk to the team thread before, but I never did get a definitive answer. As it stands the Conjuror revamp looks quite awesome, and the class itself will hold a number of nifty new abilities which will undoubtable be fun. But will there be new spells to go with it that other classes with Summoning may be able to use?

The summoning spell line is the punch line to a half told joke that someone forgot fifteen years ago. Two long CD spells with really long cast times which deal mediocre damage on average and one "epic" spell does not a school of magic make.

-Quiiliitiila

Default Re: New Summoning Spells

In the first post on this thread you can see a pretty good breakdown of what we're doing: https://community.istaria.com/forum/...-Team-Conjurer
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Right, I'm familiar with the post. I was asking specifically about spells and not abilities. Conjuror is going to get a very impressive facelift, but it appears as though their main school of magic (for which they earn the most skill points a level) won't be getting anything.

Is this true? I'm only curious if new summoning spells are being considered/developed. If the answer is no, I maintain my suggestion to add more. If yes, please just say so, I've asked a few times now and have never gotten a direct answer.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I feel like I've gone in circles a few times here over the past few years. If I came off as offensive, I apologize.

There are no plans at this time for additional spells.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok, thank you. I'll maintain my suggestion for more then. I know you guys are working on the crossbowman and Conjuror currently and have your hands full, but if there's a list out there for things to be revisited then I think Summoning spells needs to get in there. Or a spell pass in general.

Thread Information