Thread: Sound Mod: The Hissing Sslik

Default Sound Mod: The Hissing Sslik

Big fan of reptilian humanoids here! And it's hard to resist when these scaled bois have hooked raptor claws, too. While playing I realized I didn't quite like the base/default sound files they had, so I went in to do a few edits until it was more audibly pleasing to me, and I'd now like to share the files along with a little guide to get them ingame if you so desire!

Much of the sound effects are replaced by monitor lizard like hissing. I have also included shorter ones that I call 'barks' for some of the attacks, and at some points, your Sslik might even straight-up roar! Ever wanted a slithering, serpentine sound to your lizardfolk? Then read on, let's change your character's vocal cords!

The files may be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yH?usp=sharing
    I have included the default Sslik files as well in case you have a desire to revert back to it without jumping through some hoops on your end. Now, it's as easy as re-installing default just like you would any other mod to get yourself back to normal.

When Hissing-Sslik is downloaded, you'll need to navigate to your Istaria base folder(s) depending on how many instances you have. Once in there, navigate like so:

Istaria --> resources --> sound --> characters --> sslik_u

In this folder you will see a list of .wavs that are used in the game. Simply copy everything in the .zip file you just downloaded into that and allow it to overwrite the files already present. Each sound can be previewed if you double click on it and open it in an audio player of some sort, so you can listen in to the files before ever applying them in game if you desire. For the sake of things going smoothly, I would suggest installing this while the game is shut off, rather than while playing.

And it's as simple as that! Feel free to ask questions if you run into any trouble with the link, sound files, etc.

Sound file mod INCLUDES:
    1: Path of Titans Suchomimus Sounds
    2: The Isle Suchomimus Sounds
    3: The Isle Dilophosaurus Sounds
    4: Altered Crocodile Sounds
    (All sounds have been altered in some way in Audacity to better fit the ingame model and hopefully match the tempo and pitch comfortably.)

Default Re: Sound Mod: The Hissing Sslik

As a note, I've come across a minor issue; installing the mod as I've stated in the original post means it's subject to be wiped by future updates. You'd think I would have figured that out on my own! Smooth-brain Otterbird at it again. But there's an easy fix.

Just make the filechain within your resources_override folder look like this: resources/sound/characters/sslik_u and put your sound files in there, that should be safer and maintain it throughout updates.

Thread Information