Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 4.0

Default Map Pack 4.0

Coming Soon: Map Pack 4.0 - Will be implemented soon after Delta 313 arrives. Likely sometime in August... More to come!

Map Pack 4's goal is to coexist better and compliment the normal game's maps rather than to reinvent the wheel and create a totally different experience which is what's currently going on.

Some updates will include using the vanilla game's geography and POI data rather than to maintain a separate database of this common data. ALL of the common buttons will exist from the vanilla game install in Map Pack 4.0. More updates and details will be revealed later.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; July 27th, 2021 at 06:15 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Map Pack 4.0

Cheers Ceg! Thanks for your efforts in that. The community as a whole can't thank you much enough!

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

agree wholeheartedly!!!

But same goes for You Elt!!

What would we do without map and lexica??

*bows and hugs them both*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Coming Soon: Map Pack 4.0 - Will be implemented soon after Delta 313 arrives. Likely sometime in August... More to come!Map Pack 4's goal is to coexist better and compliment the normal game's maps rather than to reinvent the wheel and create a totally different experience which is what's currently going on.Some updates will include using the vanilla game's geography and POI data rather than to maintain a separate database of this common data. ALL of the common buttons will exist from the vanilla game install in Map Pack 4.0. More updates and details will be revealed later.
    Thank you for continuing work on this! I do have one suggestion/request: Would it be possible to add a Tier toggle so users can choose to have the map display only resources of a given tier? Would be very useful. Thanks again!Helcat
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat View Post
    Thank you for continuing work on this! I do have one suggestion/request: Would it be possible to add a Tier toggle so users can choose to have the map display only resources of a given tier? Would be very useful. Thanks again!Helcat
    That's a very interesting and intriguing idea. I'm not going to initially say no because I like this idea. But doing so will add 6 more buttons (Tier 1 - 6) to map pack. There's not a lot of real estate on the map as is. There's going to be a few more buttons as is from this integration. But I'll keep that in the back of my mind and maybe can think of a slick way to do it. It's nice to see the cowbell gif, that made me chuckle. I haven't seen it in a while

I'd like to encourage everyone to see how the vanilla install (no map pack mods installed) looks like on Blight now. They have gotten some love and almost look like map pack does but without all the extra buttons for Resources, Monsters, etc.). They are now all consistent which will make integration very smooth.

As I side note, I'm going to discontinue the Map Pack High Resolution 1000x1000 Mod . There's several reasons for this. But the main reason is that when we have terrain updates in the game and I'm tardy to releasing new images (or if the player simply forgets to check for a new .zip file) then there map is going to show terrain that's not valid in some places.

If you're viewing Blight, then note that the entire island of Genevia and Lesser Aradoth has undergone a SIGNIFICANT change. Your maps will not match. I'd like to encourage everyone to delete this folder (if you have it) : /resources_override/resources/interface/maps/istaria/terrain

If you have this folder, then please just delete the terrain folder unless you have some sort of custom images that you need. This will make sure you see the beautiful update to Lesser Aradoth and Genevia Island (currently on Blight). Once delta goes to Live Shards then you'll be seeing the wrong terrain. Again, this likely won't apply to many people. Only if you've installed the Map Pack High Resolution 1000x1000 Upgrade from https://istariareference.com/mappack.asp

----

There is also going to be a prerequisite for Map Pack 4.0. You're going to need to complete uninstall map pack and even double check everything is deleted in the /resources_override/resources/interface/maps folder to prevent conflicts.

You don't need to do the above now. I'm just giving a heads up.

I mainly wanted to chime in here to ask players to remove the terrain folder, in /resources_override/resources/interface/maps/istaria folder so they're seeing the correct terrain when playing on Blight shard.

I'm currently working on updating the tiles for Istaria Map at https://istariareference.com/istariamap.asp which should be updated within a few hours to show the updates on Genevia and Lesser Aradoth. New Trismus is currently showing the new update (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that has a big change on Blight!). If you click the Blue button at top "Show News / Updates" then the "Last Tiles Update (Map Images): 2/20/2020" will show todays date when completed.

You should also clear your browser cache to make sure you're seeing the latest images, too (do so before visiting istariamap.asp)

-- Edit this is now complete.

Cheers! More to come...
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 5th, 2021 at 07:17 AM.

That's a very interesting and intriguing idea. I'm not going to initially say no because I like this idea. But doing so will add 6 more buttons (Tier 1 - 6) to map pack.
    Maybe a dropdown list for the 6 tiers? That wouldn't take as much space.

------------------

There is also going to be a prerequisite for Map Pack 4.0. You're going to need to complete uninstall map pack and even double check everything is deleted in the /resources_override/resources/interface/maps folder to prevent conflicts.
    I am using Inno Setup on Istaria Companion to script the installation process. It's pretty cool when it comes to file checks and so on. Maybe it's possible on your installer tool to check for antiquated/obsolete files and delete them prior to install Map Pack 4?

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Elteria View Post
    I am using Inno Setup on Istaria Companion to script the installation process. It's pretty cool when it comes to file checks and so on. Maybe it's possible on your installer tool to check for antiquated/obsolete files and delete them prior to install Map Pack 4?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into this for the future. I need something better.

In the meantime, Map Pack 4.0 will be released later today!

If you used the installer (.exe) in the past then please completely un-install Map Pack 3.7 from Windows (Add/Remove Apps) prior to installing the new version. The new version will advanced to Map Pack 4.0 so that will likely create a duplicate entry in your Apps/Remove Apps in control panel.

Here is new map pack's directory structure:

--------------------------------------

/resources_override/resources/interface/themes/default/defs/
    • UIMapWindow.def
    • UIMiniMapWindow.def

These are the only two files from map pack. There is no need to delete or alter these. These would be overwritten by next map pack installation.

/resources_override/resources/interface/themes/default/textures/
    • - Multiple .png files
    • (5) graphic19_*.png
    • (4) map_indicator_*.png
    • (554) map_marker_*.png

Unless you have another mod using this folder, you could just delete the entire folder instead of cherry picking which files to delete.

/resources_override/resources/interface/maps/
    • maps.def
    • map_machines.def

--------------------------------------
    I suggest you delete every .def in the /resources_override/resources/interface/maps/ folder.
    maps.def and map_machines.def can be untouched as it would be overwritten by next map pack installation.

Map Pack v21.8.19 is now available.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Features: 1st version of Map Pack 4
    Updates: N/A
    120 markers/updates has occurred since last update.

Note: I have created a custom script that will delete every plot and lair and then reimport them for this and all future releases.

This will ensure that if any plots are resized or there are any incorrect tooltips, or if the plot marker has moved, etc then the import will pick those changes up and correct them. I can confirm every plot/lair is 100% up to date with this release as well!
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 20th, 2021 at 03:17 AM.

There is a bad file that causes New Trismus map to look half missing.
    I've uploaded a new .zip and new .exe to correct that.

You could also just edit /resources_override/resources/interface/maps/newtrismus/map.def

This is the correct info:

Code:
    	string Name = "New Trismus"
    	float WorldGlobalLeft = 44750
    	float WorldGlobalTop = 15875
    	float WorldGlobalRight = 46750
    	float WorldGlobalBottom = 13875
    	float MaxZoom = 2.5
    	float MinZoom = 0.125
    	float MetersToPixels = 1.0

Thank you for this!!

I see you fixed the N.T. map. I now have trouble with Genevia map. If you go from the main portals to the bronze and sandstone mining areas, It now shows under water like the western half of N.T. island used to do. If I am not clear, please check the map area of Genevia around the bronze and sandstone mining area. My map mod shows them under water. I am seeing this on Order. Thanks for the great work.
    Ipswitch

I've seen that once or twice when the entire left half of the island tiles just seem to be missing a couple of weeks ago. If I close and reopened the map then they would appear again. It had me scratching my head but usually after I reopen the map it won't do it anymore. I kind of dismissed it as a weird fluke and didn't think much of it at the time.

When this happened to me, I wasn't even on the island. But had just opened the Istaria map and moved it so I could see Genevia Island in view. I can't seem to make this disappearing act happen again when I just tested now.

Does the issue persist if you close and reopen the maps? Does anyone else have this issue?

I honestly don't think this would be an issue with the mod itself. But maybe a bug in the client or maybe the atlas didn't get updated on last delta.

I'll keep this in the back of my mind and hopefully can narrow it down. It would help if I could reproduce it on demand.

----------------
    Edit: I was doing some other stuff in the area. I did get the left half of the map to show water tiles instead on Genevia Island after a while.

Closing and reopening the map did fix it.

However, this time (and my memory thinks all the other previous times were the same scenario) is that this only occurs when you leave the map open and log out of game.

Logging in with the map already open can trigger this sometimes, but not always. I'm still puzzled but hopefully one day I might have an "ah Hah" moment...
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 25th, 2021 at 09:53 AM.

The problem is around stone shelter at 152/142. Every time I start the game that area shows water. You are correct. I can press "M" twice and remove the water. So just turning off the map and turning it back on clears this until the next time you play the game. Thanks, I at least know how to clear it up now.
    A very small question to ask you. Do you want to know about any missing areas like water or monsters now? The area west of Heather has been changed and several map markers? or water areas are missing. I will not bother with these unless you need to know about them.
    Thanks again. Ipswitch

I'm not sure about new water or new markers west of Heather. Can you give me an idea of what you think is missing?

Also, anyone can also post suggestions, etc such as that at https://istariareference.com/mpsuggestion.asp which is the big red button/link at the top of map pack page: https://istariareference.com/mappack.asp

This page is inserted into the Map Pack admin page, which all the other Admins can see, so between one of us, we will see it and be reminded.

But back to that issue with Genevia Map getting chopped off sometimes. Today I had that "Ah-Hah" moment.
    I wasn't trying to reproduce it today, but just happened to be in Copperton recording locations of some NPCs.

After opening my map and zooming in all the way to the right side of the island and then zooming all the way back out; I found that could reliably reproduce that issue without fail.

So I started looking at the terrain.def file and notice some tiles were set to start at x = 12000 . However the map.def was suggesting the left border was 13500.

I then noticed hovering the map to the far left it would stop at 13500. But when I looked at the Istaria Google map at https://istariareference.com/istariamap I noticed that I have it setup that the far left border starts at 12000.

I looked at the boundaries I have defined and plugged them into the map.def file and voila. No more issues.

The file is /resources_override/resources/interface/interface/maps/istaria/map.def

This would also affect people not using map pack. Same issue exists at /resources/interface/interface/maps/istaria/map.def

I'm going to get the fixed file patched on next client update. That will take care of non-map pack users.

I'll try to get another map pack update, with the fix and a few new markers later on in this week or early next week.

However, if you want instant gratification, edit that map.def file

Change this:
    Code:
    	string Name = "Istaria"
    	float WorldGlobalLeft = 13500
    	float WorldGlobalTop = 41000
    	float WorldGlobalRight = 31500
    	float WorldGlobalBottom = 13000
    To This:
    Code:
    	string Name = "Istaria"
    	float WorldGlobalLeft = 12000
    	float WorldGlobalTop = 42000
    	float WorldGlobalRight = 32000
    	float WorldGlobalBottom = 12000
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 26th, 2021 at 07:52 AM.

Map Pack v21.8.31 is now available.
    Features: N/A
    Updates: Fixed incorrect boundaries in map.def for Istaria main map.
    This would cause terrain on the western part of the world (Genevia Island for example) to become truncated sometimes.
    65 markers/updates has occurred since last update.

Just the tiniest of a thing. Extracted, the MSI file is still called 3.7:mappack4.0_community_update_21.8.31.exe01.09.2 021 00:42 21.494 0x0409.ini01.09.2021 00:42 13.708.800 MapPack3.7.msi01.09.2021 00:42 5.150 Setup.iniSaw it upon executing when it showed me "Extracting MapPack 3.7.msi"
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

I edited my post around 15 times because the stupid forum ALWAYS killed ALL my line breaks, no matter what I tried. Even just clicking upon preview removed all line breaks in my original text! *is grumpy now...*
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thanks, it took me a while to find where the .msi filename is set in Install Shield. I finally found it buried. I changed it and found a couple more 3.7 references. Hopefully next time there is no leftover 3.7s

Maybe for a future update, at 20558,23609, sits Khemarius. Your map only shows him if you are right next to him. Your maps shows the gem golems around him but he is surrounded by Forgotten Souls. Thank you. Misunder on Order

Thread Information