Thread: Epic Pet Aura

Default Epic Pet Aura

I do not seem to be able to find an answer to this question. When you equip an Epic pet, you get Epic Pet Aura. It surrounds you with some kind of green lights. What does Epic Pet Aura do? Does it change anything? I see in my list of buffs that I can remove Epic Pet Aura. If I remove it, I can not see any change and the green lights stay. What is Epic Pet Aura?? Thank you. Slimey on Order

Default Re: Epic Pet Aura

Its just a visual effect given to owner of an epic pet. There isnt anything special to it and its not required for play. Its just decorative.

You should be able to click it off and effect vanish (for those who do not like it). Maybe it can take a while, but it shouldnt persist (if it does, then its a bug).

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Even when I get rid of the visual there is still one issue. The pet is so BIG. Yeah, I know I'm a gnome and everything looks extra large to me, but I would love the abilty to shrink it or make it totally invisible. A big ask, I know.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

I want to say there is an option now to disable pets. Options > Video > Remove Pets. However, I cannot remember if it disables only other players pets or own too.

But if you are looking to shrink them, its pretty simple to mod:

/resources/entities/pets/

then they start with either ally_ or epicpet_, for example epicpet_fafnir00.ent. Drag the file to somewhere like desktop to edit it. Open with Notepad and find line:

vector scale = 0.7, 0.7, 0.7

Edit the values to something like 0.2, 0.2, 0.2. The minimum is 0.01, so you can try different values and see what you like. Save the file and put it in resources_override and relog. Equip pet.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

ooooo thank you!
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

I shrank my Faffy pet YAY !! but it doesn't look like you can shrink the radioactive skala or the bloodskulk ally?
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

You can. Bloodskulk ally is file

ally_bloodskulk.ent

Simply add the vector scale line to the file and adjust values to your liking.

The Skalas are ally_skala.ent, ally_skalairradiated.ent, ally_skalashiny.ent, ally_skalashinyirradiated.ent, depending on which Skala you have. Add vector scale there too and you can adjust scale. You would have to comment out attachment too, or you would have shrunken crab with floating radiation effect. Like this:

//string attach = "attach_irradiatedcrab.def"

er I don't understand what you mean can you show me where that \\string attach = etc goes ? end of line, new line, ?
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

The Skalas come with radiation effect, its an attachment. When crab is scaled down, the attachment is still there floating above its heads. To remove it, look at how its done here:

https://imgur.com/a/o8AGocI

This will not play the effect. You can also delete that line completely, but its harder to go back if you want it back, you would have to type that line manually, or grab it from original file.

I saw two lines of vectors and I changed the values but the Skala is still the same size as before. Can you give me an idea of what to select to make it maybe 1/2 the size it is now? Thanks.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

Thanks. I will try that.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

Works great. Now the Skala is a good size!
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

Thread Information