Thread: Question about Quests allowing current Inventory

Question Question about Quests allowing current Inventory

Hello! I am very new to Istaria and wasn't sure if I could find an answer to this anywhere.

So when you accept a quest such as "Go get a number of item for me," are you able to finish the quest if you already have that number of items? Like if I have 25 sandstone bars and accept a quest that asks for 10, would I be able to just give 10 or do I have to go and make 10 new bars?

How it is currently is I have to go make new bars and I wasn't sure if this was normal or a glitch. I understand if I kill a named enemy and then accept a quest to go slay the same enemy I would have to go do it again, but it would be nice to just give some items if I already stored some up.

Default Re: Question about Quests allowing current Inventory

Welcome to Istaria! Many people are willing to answer your questions in-game or on our Discord alongside the forums if you need help with anything.

Regarding your question, it depends on the quest. The "Go bag" quests or quests with no counter next to the step just require you to have the items in your inventory.

If there is a counter, it is either an "acquire" step (usually using 'acquire' in the wording of the step itself), in which you need to obtain the items by crafting or trading, or a 'collect', 'loot', or 'gather' step, in which you need to obtain the materials yourself, even if you already have some.

We are looking into the functionality of making "acquire" count items in your inventory, but with how the game scans your inventory, it's a little trickier than first appears.

Default Re: Question about Quests allowing current Inventory

Thank you so much for the explanation!

Thread Information