Thread: angry old dragon

Angry angry old dragon

she is

I can t see a sense in upgrading the lesser epics in a way that 4 outmaxed chars get groupwhiped every 2 min.
    (Faffy)

Falgut (greater) has become (as announced in patch notes) much harder too. bigger group needed (as inteded I know- ok)

Anchors..well.. Sog.. well

All in all- its not much fun atm to go for epics. Flame and my opinion.
    Sure some are np
    but with the few player on atm at special times of the day..its not possible to get a bigger group..

Lots of us are busy with plot/lair building- which is great- and" keeps the customers satisfied and happy"^^
    But when the last brick is installed.. what then?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: angry old dragon

We implore you to give the new changes a shot - they are not intended to make Fafnir's fight harder, but to reinforce his mechanic and make it easier to avoid.

He was previously doing a 3,000-4,000+ damage hit on characters (without mitigating armor) every 35 seconds in a 14 meter radius. Due to some recent changes on the server backend, he was using Scorch a lot more commonly than before, which was making him a pain to fight. Scorch also had a countdown timer of 7 seconds, which some players had mentioned was hard to react to due to lag or reaction times. You could also barely see his glowy arms and sometimes the 'Boom!' notification never appears. Even if you did manage to notice his attack starting to fire, reacted within 7 seconds, and moved away, it was likely that Fafnir would chase you, potentially running you down and dealing thousands of damage.

With this current change, while he does far more damage, Scorch also prevents him from moving (and thus prevents him from chasing you), has an extremely clear AoE ring showing you its radius, and allows an extra 3 seconds of reaction time.

The intention of Scorch was not to allow players to face tank it, but due to how it was being used by Fafnir, many players found it more useful to simply build high amounts of blight resistance and take the hit than to actually move away. In a way, this made it very difficult for regular groups to attack him, as his constant scorching left only intervals of about 28 seconds to attack him before having to flee - often resulting in a dead player who was the unfortunate chosen one to be chased.

With this change, we were not hoping to make Fafnir harder, but rather, more clearly defined in his mechanics with a longer grace period to react to his attack, as well as a clear range indicator to when you are out of his range. Please see the video below to see how the new effect and attack changes function.

R̶e̶g̶a̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶p̶i̶c̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶u̶n̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶c̶h̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶l̶e̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶g̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶.̶

I believe I misread you on the last part. Regarding Falgut, he has been re-nerfed in the latest fixer patch slated to go to live. He was vastly improved in the first update to live (33% increase to health and 66% increase to damage) His health will be returning to pre-buff levels and the damage increase was reduced to 33%.
    Last edited by Sarsilas; September 28th, 2021 at 12:08 AM.

First- thanks a lot for answering the grumpy dragoness:-) Much appreciated!

Anchors- yes I ment the spawns

Same goes for SoG and the fast respawns of his companions

Falgut enslaves much more than before- and the crystal seems to be useless in some fights-

Thy- for the faffy vid- will look at it..

My intention to post this was: atm lots go only for certain bosses--
    not as we used to do- a "lets go and get them all" at least on weekends.
    Esp those who do not need anything- but do hunting just for fun (- in spare online time and considering the low population at EU time atm-)
    will avoid bosses who need a bigger group- or lots of preparation for every single boss.
    As far as I can see- Surth e.g might feel very lonesome atm- I m sure he will find someone of his kind to play cards with..^^

purple greetings and thanks again

edit- will try Falgut after fix--did not yet - sry

Thread Information