Thread: Can't Play at all!

Archion13

Default Can't Play at all!

Just resubscribed to Horizons after receiving an email about it. After i resubscribed i went to log in and play and it said all servers were down. i tried to play anyway, kept getting a transport error. I read on this message board that this was an old beta bug, i'm hopeing that someone knows what to do about this. I just paid 13 dollars and lost 2 days of playing already.

I have Norton Internet Secrurity, but i close the program completely before i start the browser. This has been nothing but a hassle. Before this i was getting something about a digital signature. If you get this message you have to add this list to you Trusted List in Internet Options. Don't ask me why, i don't even think Horizon knows why.

A fast response would be greatly appreciated. Although not expected, this is my 4th Seperate Post about this, and already have a case that hasn't even been looked at yet.

Thanks for the Warm Welcome

Carmen

Default Re: Can't Play at all!

Carmen,

What is the # associated with the transport error?

Also, I'd recommend exiting Norton Internet Security entirely, not just turning it off, before playing Horizons. Sometimes these applications continue blocking ports even if they are "off".

Do you have a router or firewall on your internet connection aside from Norton?

There are ports that Horizons needs open in order to run properly. 47701-47704, 47101-47110 for TCP/UDP.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Archion13

Its not giving me the transport error any more. It closes itself before it gets that far.

I'm openeing the ports now.

Firewalls are all turned off, Network and Internet.

Norton has to be completly turned off to run for me, it freezes up if it isn't. We have a router on the network, and it works for my other MMORPG's.

Carmen

I'm still working on getting u that number.

Nakuru_Starblade

Here is another question. Are you running the XP SP2? From what I have gathered talking to other people with XP , it affects each installation of XP differently. When I installed it, it cleaned up my system and Horizons was running better, albeit slow due to a slower CPU (P4 1.8Ghz) and slower graphics card (nVidia 5700LE), I run my network with a Microsoft Broad band router, network Firewall, and Trend Micro Internet Security Suite, both of which are on and running. I do have the Windows built in firewall on, and the Trend Micro is set to off. Here's hoping you get back on and can enjoy the game.

Rinspard Dabbins

maybe it has something to do with .NET, although i have not had any trouble with it after installation. you have probably already thought of this... just a suggestion, make sure you have .NET 1.1 installed.

Archion13

Got it to work. Dunno how, dunno why, but its working now. I messed with every different thing i could think of, and one of them did the trick. Thanks for the help guys, horizon should pay you to help people, instead of those people they call CSR's.

Carmen

Thread Information