Thread: CATALYST Windows XP 4.11 --For those with Radeon Cards

Default CATALYST Windows XP 4.11 --For those with Radeon Cards

Up to now I have stuck with an older version of the Catalyst drivers due to the CTD around the Floating City. This newest driver seems to have fixed that problem for me and I stood directly under the Floating City whereas before I would only have to get in the same landblock before going boom.

CATALYST Windows XP 4.11

Just thought I would mention this.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Default Re: CATALYST Windows XP 4.11 --For those with Radeon Cards

As I know from one out of my guild, the 4.11 is NOT stable in Floating island!!!

The only way to get him out of this ATI-CTD-Zone was to install the 4.5 driver.

While everyone thinks that the drivers are the problem with ATI on this topic, its pretty evident by now that is not the case.
    There is obviously some type of conflict or problem with most likely a chipset on your card/board that is causing all this. So while certain driver versions do help you, they may only be providing a work around for the actual lock up in that specific case. They will also most likely not work in all system configurations as well.

There are many ATI users that have 0 problems with floating island no matter which driver version they use. With 3 ATI cards and 4 boards, I have yet have an issue at floating island.

Nor I..I have an ATI card, and have never CTD at the Island. However, if I don't shut off the loading screen before I port so I can move around a little, I will always drown in the water below..*chuckles*
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

I started crashing on the Floating Island with my ATI-based machine after the last patch. Been through a pazillion times before without a problem. Updated my drivers from some April version to the latest as of 2 days ago and still had the issue. Switched to my nVidia-based machine and jumped off the island and kept going, but what a pain!! Did put in a ticket for it.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Check your directX version. That has had an impact here at work with ATI card problems with certain applications. One bug we ran into would happen on 9.0b but not 9.0 or 9.0a. Newer drivers helped, as long as we also updated the network driver (Intel pro100). Why it was connected to a video problem isn't 100% clear. I would try making sure your network driver is current, and your DirectX is 9.0c.

Guaran

Sounds like sound advice. I'll try it.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

im a ati user love it and never crashed on floating isalnd...though before i upgraed to 4.10 i only twice had a vpu recovery will playing HZ not sure what happen there?

Running the 4.11's with very few issues, not checked floating island yet

stable for most points very rarely crash

One point to make here. On the ATI download page there are 2 choices. One with the Catalyst control center and one without. I chose the one without and have had no problems. If this actually has a bearing on the situation I am not sure but it may be something to think about.

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Fel Tir

It may very well depend on what specific ATI card everyone is using, it has always locked up on me on the floating island with anything beyond 4.5, have not tried since 4.8 or so.

System specs:
    CPU: Intel 3.0 GHz P4
    RAM: 2GB Dual Channel DDR 400
    Mobo: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, Intel 875P chipset, Intel Pro 1000 LAN, andPromise 20378 RAID
    Video: ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128mb shares IRQ16 with 82801EB USB Host Controller
    HDs: WD SATA150 80GB
    Sound: SoundBlaster Audigy DR
    Directx: 9.0c
    Catalyst 4.5 w/Control Center

As an update there is a new 4.12 driver or you may want to give the Omega 4.12 drivers a spin. Either one seems to be working for me. I even had my dragon fly under ,over and around the floating Isle and had no problems.

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

...installed 4.12 and ported an alt to the Floating Island - complete melt-down...

Paradise

The 5.1 catalyst is out now isnt it? After all the crashes I get I might just give it a try...cant possibly be any worse.

Just a head's up to all the ATI-users out there...

I've just recently installed an Radeon 9800 Pro (Sapphire Atlantis) -catalyst 4.11 installed. Was very anxious about the floating island - it WORKS! :)

Thread Information