Thread: New MC'd Monk

Default New MC'd Monk

well i thought id try it i reach lvl 72 pally got a tad bored, played a monk, oh my how much fun this is as a subclass

i do too now understand the issues facced by monks and hope they will one day be resolved

Default Re: New MC'd Monk

Greetings Demelza!

Welcome to our ranks! :D I do have to say, it is incredibly fun to play, especially as you get more chains, and more animations. It used to be that you had to MC to a bunch of different classes to get the neat animations.

It's a different mentality in a fight, from having played a Chaos Warrrior for a while. The trick is not in the 'alpha strike' and then pouring on the damage. It's more of a war of attrition, keep plinking away at the mob and if you can out heal the damage you will eventually edge him out. And you notice that every hit counts (hence the the INCREDIBLE difference of Flow like Water and the inestimable gain we got when when we could suddenly parry with handwraps). Pick up a Accolade of the Body if you have not yet already done so.

If we were allowed to use shields like in AC we'd be darn scary defensively. Could call us the PC equivalent of Spiders LOL.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Default Re: New MC'd Monk

As a subclass.. yeah, it's fun.

But in the end you had 72 levels of Pally to help you out with that. Better strength, some evasion.. heals.. etc..

To really understand the plight of the monk and disciple, create a new alt and go monk or disciple as your primary school. You will find that what problems you may have faced multiclassing monk just got ten times harder.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not trying to discredit you or anything.. nor am I trying to be rude in any way.

It's just discouraging that a lot of high level players... people with ratings ovr 140, even up to 150.. say they went monk and they 'feel our pain'. At least these people have the strength, evasion, magic skills, heals, etc.. from their other schools. It does make leveling a monk and disciple much easier. I didn't have that, and it took me over 9 months just to make 100 flame disciple, and I'm not a casual player.

:-/

It is a very cool class to play. There is something very satisfactory about pummeling your foes to death with your fists alone. I just wish we weren't so gimped in the damage spectrum.

-Menkure Salitis
    Sifu of the Flame

Thread Information