Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vexators, Bug or Design

Serat

Default Vexators, Bug or Design

Just wondering if a developer could weigh in on something. If you try to pull a vexator (hitting and then backing up to get it away from other critters), it will always be out of range, even though it can hit you. Now, they seem to be planar critters, so I can understand that it might be part of their "charm" (read design). But, what is odd is that if you pull a vexator and other non-vexator mobs are already on you, those mobs also become "out of range", even if they are plainly sitting next to you pounding away.

Default Re: Vexators, Bug or Design

That sounds like a thing called Blighted Vision. It got me when I was trying out the new mob spawns from the anchors. It reduces range. Check your bar next time you fight em. Should be able to be fixed by a purify.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Serat,

Vexators do have a debuff that decreases your range by -40, so that rules out most spells. Melee will still work for them. That may be the issue.

Their range debuff is a ranged attack (if i recall correctly) kind of like the blighted specter's blight spray or whatever it's called.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    That sounds like a thing called Blighted Vision. It got me when I was trying out the new mob spawns from the anchors. It reduces range. Check your bar next time you fight em. Should be able to be fixed by a purify.
    problem with that is if you can't cast purify yourself your' screwed :P I've had many fights wtih vexators and blight specters where i died because the healer had blighted vision on em. Group heal was the only thing that worked.

Cheers
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

The Rift distortion makes all spells have -40 range. If you try to use a spell while the debuff is on and the spell is too short of range to bypass the debuff, it continually tries to recast the spell. That effectively stops your melee from working as well, since something is in front of it in the combat queue, retrying. Hit stop action, try re attacking with melee only. If you have any heal over time spells or abilities, best to use those right before engaging a vexator.

The Rift Distortion lasts 1:30 or 2 minutes.You can alsohave the healer stay back a ways until the critter casts the Rift Distortion on you, then yell for a purify. I believe detoxify self works even under Rift Distortion too.

I'm a Dragon and I can kill Blue and Red Vexators all on my own, but I have to be smart about it, and any adds usually mean retreat or death.

My first few tries at them, I kept seeing the 15m out of range when trying melee attacks, but there was a spell retrying to cast I believe. I have since ben able to handle them if I stop then restart attacking to get the out of range spell out of the combat queue.

Found 2 Red Vexator Fringes, never found Blue ones :(

Guaran

I do have to say these are one of the coolest looking mobs I've seen in any game. Great work on the artwork!!

I've gotten blue fringes, never red :\

Since I dont' use a bow, does the -40 also affect ranged attacks? It kills my spells, but other than Dragon's Reach, I have nothing ranged. Oh, for dragon's, Galewind doesn't work against them.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Well, my debuffs Grazing winds and Unrelenting Winds,I have teched with range 5 and primal flash. Those go off on the vex's no matter what. then I just slash them to death. Can't remember if refreshing breeze is blocked by the range debuff. Probably not. Quickening breeze is. Fire it off then attack is what I usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I'm a Dragon and I can kill Blue and Red Vexators all on my own, but I have to be smart about it,
    Guaran
    Awesome! Never seen a red or blue vexator, but I tried a purple vexator and was granted the fastest/harshest beating I have everrecieved in Horizons that didn't involve multi-strike/multi mobs or a named.

gopher65

The debuff works on ranged physical attacks (bow/xbow), ALL spells (except self only spells), and all ranged abilities. It is an archer killer since we don't get ANY purify spell. Unless we can get revitatilze and tech it with cleanse.

Rift Distortion - worst idea ever.

I'm only guessing a debuff that stops 95% of melee attacks didn't make it to live because of the expected fallout on the forums. But, screw the casters and ranged attackers...

gopher65

what bugs me is that they can cast it nearly continueously. Here is what my standard combat log looks like (I have rev and improved rev teched with cleanse):

Longshot
    <nothing>
    rev
    powershot
    multishot
    <nothing>
    improved rev
    normal hit
    <nothing>
    <nothing>
    rev
    powershot

It just sucks:P.

I agree. Now if it made all spell range set to 3 or something, that would be acceptable. You should never be able to go into negative or zero spell range.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

I've got no problem with the use of rift distortion. Certain mobs should be more difficult for some classes. Vexator are great at assassinating mages and archers, as well as disrupting groups. My only issue is where are the mobs designed to assassinate melee classes? Also i'd love it if Primal Flash tech worked. I'd bring a dragon with me for sure then ;) ...That'd show those stupid wizards and their stupid stuns.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

been playing with primal flash tech'd grazing and unrelenting winds. looks like it is working. keep it mind tho, thats its a -20 reange debuff and lasts for only 5 or so seconds.

ive noticed it seem to hit the giant ice beetles. they try to use their frosty gibbet on me from long distance and they'll just sitt there till the debuff wears off.

rift distoriont and blighted spray are way more powerful than primal flash.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I have a problem with their "synaptic spasm" (sp?) - takes about 1000 health off me, and I cannot heal in the process. Result being that it got hit on me 2x in a minute and I was screwed without ever having a chance. That got real annoying.
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Flachette

That group chain stun the vexators use SUCKS! But solo they are easy if you have the detox self ability

Dreadwing

Had a group out in the satyar isles hunting blue vex's, 1 lv 69 healer, 1 lv 39 mage, 1 lv 29 cleric and me, lv 100 dragon.

The thing cast chain lighting on me, so im stunned for 3 seconds, my healer cast revitlize IV on me which turned into a chain lighting so i got stunned again, then cast group health IV.

Now comes the fun part, she stunned our entire group casting chain lighting on everyone, killed the cleric, killed the mage andI diedbetween a combination of synaptic spasm and an additional chain lightning.

Luckily a dryad dazzle and a sprint got her away and she came back with supperior resurect so there wernt as many death points BUT, it was rather painful to see half our party killed by a healer XD

Not that I mind a tough opponent, but couldnt the devs allow primal range (or any other tech range spell) to go onto repeting spells without adding a cooldown timer? In all honesty, whats it gunna do, let me get one raged atack off before they get next to me?

Currently I have Range V Prime Bolt and Keen V/Primal Damage V Imp Prime bolt, so in essence, I wack them with my ranged prime bolt, dragons reach and then my Imp Bolt, I'd make life simpler if I could just use one ranged spell >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwing
    couldnt the devs allow primal range (or any other tech range spell) to go onto repeting spells without adding a cooldown timer? In all honesty, whats it gunna do, let me get one raged atack off before they get next to me?
    That would be the same reason that Mages can't Rez...Archers can't use 2H weapons...Chaos Warrior and Berserker can't use shields...etc. To generate a need for more than 1 classin groups. If it was allowed thena bolt spell with a Tier5 Range tech would have a repeating range [55]greater than most archers. Since Gust and Barrage are both self centered they should work regardless of the de-buff.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    It is an archer killer since we don't get ANY purify spell. Unless we can get revitatilze and tech it with cleanse.
    That is true for Scouts and Elar.You, as a Ranger with life skill 700+, could cast Purify4.

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    problem with that is if you can't cast purify yourself your' screwed I've had many fights wtih vexators and blight specters where i died because the healer had blighted vision on em. Group heal was the only thing that worked.
    The inability to purify in any way is a problem for Dragons. However, if grouped with a healer and in need of heals go sit on your healer, 0 range should be castable upon another if both chars occupy the same space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jah

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]gopher65 wrote:
    It is an archer killer since we don't get ANY purify spell. Unless we can get revitatilze and tech it with cleanse.
    That is true for Scouts and Elar.You, as a Ranger with life skill 700+, could cast Purify4.
    Last I checked, Rangers get Nature, not Life. The only archer class that can detox the Vexator debuffs is the Ranger, but you need, as gopher65 stated, Revitalises teched with Cleanse.

There's nothing inherently wrong with having mobs designed to kill archers and casters, just as long as other mobs are designed to kill melee.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Thread Information